✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I view it as part of their transition towards more "widescreen" cinematic type music... They seem to be moving towards expressing emotion through the actual music itself with less focus on words / lyrics - they might even attempt a full movie soundtrack one day... That seems to me where they're headed. Coincidentally, bands like Muse and RH are also getting more instrumental in their emotional expression.

This contrasts to their earlier work that is a more personal singer-songwriter style... They are now becoming more orchestral (which fits as a group of musicians now collaborating together), but I think a portion of 'Oldplayers' dislike this less personal feel although the other half just don't like that their standards have dropped. My only argument/ defense for it is it's far more difficult to put as much care into / obsess about everything when the scope is bigger

Very insightful. Thanks for the reply[emoji106]

Soo..it doesnt really seem like there will be Indian elements/instruments/sounds,will there?

Despite the fact that they shot a video in India and then the stage appearance design seem to be touting Indian influences...

Yeah it seems that way, which is really sad, I thought A Head Full Of Dreams would, maybe Kaleidoscope and Colour Spectrum will have that kind of sound.

It's really annoying that a lot of us thought there was going to be this psychedelic and/or Indian sound on there. I think I had started to expect Pink Floyd and Beatles influences, which I was really excited for, despite not really being a fan of either.

I agree that the band's use of Whoooaaas and Oooohs is becoming rather too much these days, but in general I have nothing against them and as was pointed out, they have always had an inclination to this kind of things. Except for a few songs it is usually done well. It is such a trademark Coldplay things nowadays that it makes them stand out from other bands (in fact, this overall "grand, solemn sound" promoted through the Ooooaahs was one of the first things I noticed when I had began discovering Coldplay a few years ago).

And imho the best Ooooah is definitely in Viva La Vida !

CYm49xH.jpg

By the way, I love the fact that they used an image of the color spectrum to describe Color Spectrum's title on the back of the album. One thing I don't like, btw, is that they seem to be ditching the jewelcases for gatefolds. I prefer jewelcases because they're more durable and easy to replace if the it it slightly damaged.

CYm49xH.jpg

By the way, I love the fact that they used an image of the color spectrum to describe Color Spectrum's title on the back of the album. One thing I don't like, btw, is that they seem to be ditching the jewelcases for gatefolds. I prefer jewelcases because they're more durable and easy to replace if the it it slightly damaged.

First half red/yellow. Second half blue/green... maybe it means something....