✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

So, I dunno what you guys think, but for me all this is starting to make sense: The whole time all they (or Chris) talk about is how this album is like closing a chapter for them, or truly arrive at some place they always wanted to be. The album is like a piece for them which represents all what they have done so far and brings it to a masterpiece (at least in their minds, not judging the album yet positively or negatively).

Basically, what I noticed which made me click was: There are all these little pieces in these new songs (also those they played at the TIDAL gig) that bring back old albums.

#1 At the start of the concert right before AHFOD starts you can hear this sound. It sounds exactly like the one from their Live 2012 DVD right before they get on stage (when the pretext is appearing on screen).

#2 The start of Amazing Day... Every time I hear the beginning of that song how they played it at TIDAL (the same sound is there the whole song, just very in the background) I can think nothing but "VIVA"... It sounds so much like it's coming right from the VLVODAAHF era and could be perfectly used as an intermission between two songs from then.

#2.5 Also, Amazing Day has a big time Christmas Day vibe to it within the "oooh-ohhhh" parts.

#3 AOAL sounds like taken from MX with a AHFOD spin onto it. The voices in the background and all that stuff just fits perfectly.

#4 At the end of Up&Up I imagine a intermission just like at the end from Oceans from GS before X Marks The Spot comes on. That song, in all it's glory, has generally all the feelings from past eras into it, and it truly feels like something they wanted to do for 15 years just as Chris said it.

+ #5 All these choir things and collaborations with other artists. I think this album is here to celebrate the, their past, what they are now, the future and the world and life in general.

So, yeah... These are my thoughts so far :)... Sorry for the long post :D

Makes a lot of sense!

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look at this idiotic article about Coldplay playing at the AMAs ...this is from Billboard too.

Read the first paragraph. Really?

http://www.billboard.com/articles/events/amas/6770313/coldplay-adventure-lifetime-amas-2015-american-music-awards

:facepalm: Even afte Chris Martin CONFIRMED HIMSELF that this is NOT their last album... stupid media still not listening. :facepalm:

And they link to another article...where they say the same thing. And they go "In addition to Adventure of a Lifetime, there's this song from a 34 second clip- likely to be another hit."

Except...the song is obviously Adventure of a Lifetime... these people who write this, are they high?

I don't know how any one could be that dumb, literally 10 years old could do a better job

I agree with what you're saying and I think you're right about Jonny coming into his own, but the bass has always been there for everyone to listen and enjoy, especially on "Parachutes", where you could actually hear it without having to look for it under layers of ambient noises.

I think production is a double-edged sword fro Coldplay. I don't want to sound repetitive, but to me a song like "High Speed" has a much better production than anything on MX. It's leaner and the complexities are due to the instrumentation more than the layers of sound. Having said that, I can appreciate the "busy"-compressed production on songs like "Lovers in Japan" or "Life in Technicolor II" because it fits them perfectly

Agree with that comment. I love the production on Parachutes, AROBTTH and X&Y.

I will reserve my final judgment for when the album is out. But first impressions:

AHFOD: The instrumentation and production is excellent. But the lyrics and all the ooooh aaahhs ruin it for me. Overall it sounds like a bad U2 song. And not U2 at their best but rather during their All That You Can't Leave Behind days! 5/10

Up&Up: Again the instrumentation is superb. Noel and Jonny's input are the highlights for me. I really like the song but there is a major flaw in that it's trying too hard to sound like Oasis, and again not Oasis in their prime but when they were experimenting with silly britpop stuff. 7/10

I will reserve my final judgment for when the album is out. But first impressions:

AHFOD: The instrumentation and production is excellent. But the lyrics and all the ooooh aaahhs ruin it for me. Overall it sounds like a bad U2 song. And not U2 at their best but rather during their All That You Can't Leave Behind days! 5/10

Up&Up: Again the instrumentation is superb. Noel and Jonny's input are the highlights for me. I really like the song but there is a major flaw in that it's trying too hard to sound like Oasis, and again not Oasis in their prime but when they were experimenting with silly britpop stuff. 7/10

Oasis "experimenting" with Britpop stuff?! When did that happen? Oasis lost their way artistically but they never experimented with silly Britpop stuff. Silly Britpop stuff would be rubbish like Shed 7 and the Bluetones.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

^ You're obviously a hard marker :) Just out of interest, have you ever thought a Coldplay song reached a 10/10? And just for comparison, which pieces of music (from any musician) have reached 10/10 and why?

Not a Coldplay song. Although GPASUYF and Violet Hill are very much the perfect songs.

'High Hopes' and 'Violence' are 10/10 for me. So are 'Pulled Under At 2000 Metres A Second' and 'Machine Gun' and of course 'Echoes'. AND 'A Simple Mistake'.

Oasis "experimenting" with Britpop stuff?! When did that happen? Oasis lost their way artistically but they never experimented with silly Britpop stuff. Silly Britpop stuff would be rubbish like Shed 7 and the Bluetones

That would be some of the stuff on Dig Out Your Soul and Don't Believe the Truth.