LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just put the article into google translate and I got this:

The Taiwanese site of the Warner Music (the label of Coldplay) has provided, through its official website, a section really interesting of A Head Full Of Dreams, the new Coldplay album.

Each track of the new work of Chris Martin and Co. hides an unexpected peculiarities, which we propose the following:

The album that, for pre-order, reached the summit of the 53 nations in the rankings of the best-selling albums on iTunes, is a mixture of energy and nuances positive towards life, second only to Mylo Xyloto. The album tells of the praise to the people closest to our lives and curls unexpected facts of their lives as if they were a new adventure, with which to embrace and love all that you own; 'A Head Full Of Dreams' is considered the first work of Coldplay to have a caring and concerned attitude towards their lives.

Soon after, Warner Music Taiwan gives a particular description of each track:

A Head Full Of Dreams: compare to Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, with a rousing melody. The addictive rhythm creates just the perfect song to describe people who become majestic thanks to their dreams;

Birds: graceful as birds of which we speak;

Hymn For The Weekend: After the participation of Rihanna, Coldplay face a significant collaboration with the 'Queen of R & B' Beyonce, which is a corollary to a work rhythm that blends rock and R & B together;

Everglow: is the song in which Chris and Gwyneth Paltrow leave their traces scattered amorous;

Fun: collaboration with Tove Lo, Coldplay want to sing the love lost, trying to bring forcefully to his mind in a melodious and romantic;

Adventure Of A Lifetime: really tells the adventure of our lives;

Kaleidoscope: inspired by the work 'The Guest House' Rumi and charisma of the poet Coleman Barks, both combined with the poignant interpretation of the pianist Khatia and, in the end, striking interpretation of the US President, Barack Obama, of 'Amazing Grace'. The piece is carved in teaching that Chris did his about three years ago, and that is that every emotion emanating from the man is regarded as a divine gift and is able to change the way you view the world and humanity, with a desire to pass this vision of the world to future generations. The central idea of ​​the song coincides perfectly with that album and it is the pivotal song of the disc;

Army Of One: is the portrait of the courage that praises love. After 3 minutes and 24 seconds, gives way to the 'hidden track' album, X Marks The Spot;

Amazing Day is the story of an incredible day of their lives;

Colour Spectrum: he tells of the importance of color in their lives;

Up & Up: in the final track of the album, there are illustrious collaborations Beyonce, Merry Clayton, the current girlfriend of Chris (Annabelle Wallis) and a fantastic solo guitarist Noel Gallagher, which gives the song a sense of intense flowering of their lives.

The grammar is not op so excuse google.

My expectations after Saturday have been on the rise as well and here is why:

Way back on this forum I made a list of things that would make me love AHFOD regardless of genre. That list included better lyrics, less falsetto from Chris, participation from the WHOLE band, and less cheesy pop tropes.

So far I feel like we have got most of that with these four new songs: Great rhythm sections and backing vocals from Will, prominent bass lines from Guy, and of course every track has been Jonny driven thus far. Lyrics have been cheesy, but still really meaningful and slightly different than past Coldplay albums and are finding new themes. Plus, Chris has delivered with different vocal ranges on every track too.

Pop tropes have been present though, but not as much as I was expecting. My biggest complaint is that every track so far has a "ooohhhh ohhhh" "wooooo hoooo woooo" in it so far. That doesn't bode well for the rest of the album haha

I haven't been on the forums as much as I've wanted. I was worried when I saw mostly everyone here was just bashing on AHFOD just by listening to AOAL. I have not listened to the live debuts of AHFOD and Up&Up and I'm planning to stay that way until the album comes out. I'm glad almost everyone is looking forward to AHFOD now that they've heard those two. I always stand by one of my rules in which one has to listen to the entire album in order to appreciate each individual song. Anyways, those dancing monkeys during the lads' AMA performance surprised me and I was delighted (jeez so many surprises this era lads!). I can't believe the album is coming out just next week!

I haven't been on the forums as much as I've wanted. I was worried when I saw mostly everyone here was just bashing on AHFOD just by listening to AOAL. I have not listened to the live debuts of AHFOD and Up&Up and I'm planning to stay that way until the album comes out. I'm glad almost everyone is looking forward to AHFOD now that they've heard those two. I always stand by one of my rules in which one has to listen to the entire album in order to appreciate each individual song. Anyways, those dancing monkeys during the lads' AMA performance surprised me and I was delighted (jeez so many surprises this era lads!). I can't believe the album is coming out just next week!

I have the same exact look on it. I am saving the songs until the album comes out as well.

Last year with GS they did the iTunes First Play thing one week before its release so I hope they do it again with AHFOD!!!

Maybe with TIDAL, now that its a thing. Either way, if it comes out in some way, shape, or form, i'm all ears

Last year with GS they did the iTunes First Play thing one week before its release so I hope they do it again with AHFOD!!!

If they were to do it again it would be in only four days, the 27th! (Same day as the Beats commerc- Adventure of a Lifetime video drops!) And just two days after the Zane Lowe premiere of what's probably Everglow. It would be such an easy wait :D

My expectations after Saturday have been on the rise as well and here is why:

Way back on this forum I made a list of things that would make me love AHFOD regardless of genre. That list included better lyrics, less falsetto from Chris, participation from the WHOLE band, and less cheesy pop tropes.

So far I feel like we have got most of that with these four new songs: Great rhythm sections and backing vocals from Will, prominent bass lines from Guy, and of course every track has been Jonny driven thus far. Lyrics have been cheesy, but still really meaningful and slightly different than past Coldplay albums and are finding new themes. Plus, Chris has delivered with different vocal ranges on every track too.

Pop tropes have been present though, but not as much as I was expecting. My biggest complaint is that every track so far has a "ooohhhh ohhhh" "wooooo hoooo woooo" in it so far. That doesn't bode well for the rest of the album haha

I agree with everything above, except I would like to add that the "ooohhh ohhh" and "woo hooo" chants do add to the atmosphere even though they are pretty cliche. ;)

I like what I am hearing so far, and even though all of it (except maybe Up&Up) is not quite Oldplay quality for me, I like it far better than a lot of MX and GS. My expectations for the rest of the album have been raised a bit high, though, so I'm probably not going to listen to any newly debuted songs until the full album comes out. I don't want to disappoint myself too much if I end up disliking the other 8 tracks.

Maybe this is off topic, but why do people dislike "Oooh"s and "Woo"s so much? Just curious, because they seem to be a point in alot of criticism towards their recent songs but I don't really mind them.

I think the main reason why people criticize them is that they are used so often in the band's newer music. I don't really dislike them, but it is undeniable that they have become part of the Coldplay formula. In other words, they are to be expected.

Let's see, off the top of my head these are the songs with prominent "Ohhhs," "Ooohs," and "Whooos" in at least part of the song. I may have missed some, but note that most come from Viva-present.

Politik

The Scientist

Crests of Waves

What If

X&Y

Life In Technicolor

Life In Technicolor ii

Lost!

Viva La Vida

The Escapist

Rainy Day

Hurts Like Heaven

Paradise

Charlie Brown

Major Minus

U.F.O.

Princess of China

Don't Let It Break Your Heart

Magic

Ink

True Love

Midnight

Oceans

A Sky Full of Stars

Miracles

A Head Full of Dreams

Adventure of a Lifetime

Amazing Day

I think the main reason why people criticize them is that they are used so often in the band's newer music. I don't really dislike them, but it is undeniable that they have become part of the Coldplay formula. In other words, they are to be expected.

I view it as part of their transition towards more "widescreen" cinematic type music... They seem to be moving towards expressing emotion through the actual music itself with less focus on words / lyrics - they might even attempt a full movie soundtrack one day... That seems to me where they're headed. Coincidentally, bands like Muse and RH are also getting more instrumental in their emotional expression.

This contrasts to their earlier work that is a more personal singer-songwriter style... They are now becoming more orchestral (which fits as a group of musicians now collaborating together), but I think a portion of 'Oldplayers' dislike this less personal feel although the other half just don't like that their standards have dropped. My only argument/ defense for it is it's far more difficult to put as much care into / obsess about everything when the scope is bigger

Let's see, off the top of my head these are the songs with prominent "Ohhhs," "Ooohs," and "Whooos" in at least part of the song. I may have missed some, but note that most come from Viva-present.

Politik

The Scientist

Crests of Waves

What If

X&Y

Life In Technicolor

Life In Technicolor ii

Lost!

Viva La Vida

The Escapist

Rainy Day

Hurts Like Heaven

Paradise

Charlie Brown

Major Minus

U.F.O.

Princess of China

Magic

Ink

True Love

Midnight

Oceans

A Sky Full of Stars

Miracles

A Head Full of Dreams

Adventure of a Lifetime

Amazing Day

Everything's Not Lost, too.

Personally, I like the ooh's and ahh's. Some artists can pull it off, others can't. Coldplay falls in the former.

Politik

The Scientist

Crests of Waves

What If

X&Y

Life In Technicolor

Life In Technicolor ii

Lost!

Viva La Vida

The Escapist

Rainy Day

Hurts Like Heaven

Paradise

Charlie Brown

Major Minus

U.F.O.

Princess of China

Magic

Ink

True Love

Midnight

Oceans

A Sky Full of Stars

Miracles

A Head Full of Dreams

Adventure of a Lifetime

Amazing Day

LP8 will be named: Ohhh-Oooh-Whooo

And every track contains this elements....