✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GUYS COME ON! DO NOT expect to go into this album for a first listen expecting anything other than pop music. Thats where Coldplay are at right now. Just cos it is Pop music doesnt mean it can't be amazing! Taylor Swift had so much critical acclaim for 1989 and look at Michael Jackson! There is great pop music and IMO the boys have made a cracker of a Coldplay album. Of course there are times when the production doesn't push a little too hard on the pop production and thats why it's not a perfect record but its still a cracker!

AHFOD For me this is one of the best Coldplay openers and on par with Politik - Hearing this at wembley on the 16th will be magical with those woahhhs and the bounce that will happen when it kicks back in. It's euphoric and wonderful

Birds Everyone has gotta a lotta love for this one as the standout track....i think partly cos its the most alternative out of the tunes and its cool but a lil overrated

Hymn For The Weekend I don't think this is gonna be a huge single tbh - its got some really nice hooks but doesnt strike me as a smash - I don't think there is a smash hit from this record actually (not a bad thing). The tunes got a nice bit of swag in the pre-chorus

Everglow For me this is one of the best on the album - its simple, beautiful and wonderful - its chris's melodies on top form and I fucking love it

AOAL We all heard it before - doens't do a huge amount for me but will be a fun one live for sure

Fun I really love Fun - its got a great melody and I've recently been in a situation similar to what chris is writing about so lyrically for me it hits the spot in a wrenching way. Its one of the best on the record

Kaleidoscope Stunning, Simple - there best interlude to date

Army Of One Bit of a filler for me but not bad

X Marks The Spot It's alright bit weird but not as awful as everyone says

Amazing DayThis has the best middle 8 on the album 'the chaos and times' section is wonderful and is supper chilled

Up&Up This is the track you have to accept is gonna be produced in a very poppy way but once you accept that you realise how timeless and beautiful it is. The solos are amazing and its a very together feel with a stunning end 'dont ever give up'. especially liked the way they ended it live

Overall I think there are too many 'woooahh' sections but thatsjust me

Its a fantastic record for me and can't wait to see it live

7.5/8 out of 10

GUYS COME ON! DO NOT expect to go into this album for a first listen expecting anything other than pop music. Thats where Coldplay are at right now. Just cos it is Pop music doesnt mean it can't be amazing! Taylor Swift had so much critical acclaim for 1989 and look at Michael Jackson! There is great pop music and IMO the boys have made a cracker of a Coldplay album. Of course there are times when the production doesn't push a little too hard on the pop production and thats why it's not a perfect record but its still a cracker!

AHFOD For me this is one of the best Coldplay openers and on par with Politik - Hearing this at wembley on the 16th will be magical with those woahhhs and the bounce that will happen when it kicks back in. It's euphoric and wonderful

Birds Everyone has gotta a lotta love for this one as the standout track....i think partly cos its the most alternative out of the tunes and its cool but a lil overrated

Hymn For The Weekend I don't think this is gonna be a huge single tbh - its got some really nice hooks but doesnt strike me as a smash - I don't think there is a smash hit from this record actually (not a bad thing). The tunes got a nice bit of swag in the pre-chorus

Everglow For me this is one of the best on the album - its simple, beautiful and wonderful - its chris's melodies on top form and I fucking love it

AOAL We all heard it before - doens't do a huge amount for me but will be a fun one live for sure

Fun I really love Fun - its got a great melody and I've recently been in a situation similar to what chris is writing about so lyrically for me it hits the spot in a wrenching way. Its one of the best on the record

Kaleidoscope Stunning, Simple - there best interlude to date

Army Of One Bit of a filler for me but not bad

X Marks The Spot It's alright bit weird but not as awful as everyone says

Amazing DayThis has the best middle 8 on the album 'the chaos and times' section is wonderful and is supper chilled

Up&Up This is the track you have to accept is gonna be produced in a very poppy way but once you accept that you realise how timeless and beautiful it is. The solos are amazing and its a very together feel with a stunning end 'dont ever give up'. especially liked the way they ended it live

Overall I think there are too many 'woooahh' sections but thatsjust me

Its a fantastic record for me and can't wait to see it live

7.5/8 out of 10

Some great songs on this album, Everglow, Up&Up, Army of one :) I don't like Hymn that much though except for the piano riff in that one. X marks the spot does absolutely nothing for me, was even considering deleting it from the album.

Up & Up could've been very very very great. But now, Stargate just fuck Up & Up Up. Still a great song, but such a pitty...

Sometimes you just have to know when a certain instrument or tune doesn't fit a (part of the) song. By putting those electronic drums in, they really failed on this part of the production. If there will be a next album, I'll surely advise them not to go in studio with them again!

Up & Up could've been very very very great. But now, Stargate just fuck Up & Up Up. Still a great song, but such a pitty...

Sometimes you just have to know when a certain instrument or tune doesn't fit a (part of the) song. By putting those electronic drums in, they really failed on this part of the production. If there will be a next album, I'll surely advise them not to go in studio with them again!

But they want to be pop. Up&up 'studio version is the pop version of what we heard live last Saturday. They want to be this way...

Like a hater of Every Tear is a Waterfall, I think we can't judge the album until live performance.

One thing for sure it's different album. And you know what? Now I'm completely okey with it. And I adore All Your Friends and Midnight snatched from Jon Hopkins. Also I may add Hurts Like Heaven from previous LP.

There are so many different songs that will definitely find their listeners. That's probably the best part about the band, lots of good tracks, not just one hit and nine crappy overproduced songs to fill the space.

For me 4 tracks sound a lot generic... like band feat coldplay. Its very different from birds or a head full of dream or up&up that are different, fresh and original, feels like coldplay doing something new that has the band identity. Now these 4 tracks are army of one, everglow, fun, x marks the spot, not saying that they are bad tracks, they are good but, mainly the chorus of those tracks don't feel like coldplay at all, it just has details of what coldplay is, but feels much more like "band feat coldplay" musically speaking.

Fun is so.. generic, like some glee song or high school musical shit (the chorus), its a bland track with a generic pop voice melodie.

X marks the spot is a good hiphop song.. but again, where is the originality on this track?? Where is the coldplay feeling in there, yeah its a good hiphop track like almost every hiphop that exist on the radio. Good but not original, does not have the identity of the band, still generic.

Everglow its not bad, its good. But the ballad its not original, it is the same thing that I said feels like has details of coldplay identity but just details, seem like a generic ballad feat coldplay... and thats the thing, what made a fan from cold its not the rockier sound but the originality and the identity of the band, songs like daylight that made their fan, even the most generic coldplay songs from the past like the scientist has much more the band identity than this. When I looking for coldplay, Im looking for something fresh and original that can be acessible at the same time, and sometimes not that acessible, and Everglow feels like a good ballad but a ballad that already exist in the world, in the movies. And the problem was AGAIN the voice melody that feels generic.

Army of one was the most ok from the generic tracks.. but still miss something, the melody of the voice was the problem again. Almost feels like a geniune coldplay song, but stills more like band feat coldplay.

My point is, birds is an evolution for the band cos it really feels like something new, was the most fresh track from the album cos its so hard to relate to anything that already exists, you can relate with some details of some bands songs, but its just details, different from the 4 tracks up there, cos those 4 tracks don't have details of the music outside, its has the total feeling of them and this got away with the bands identity. Birds feels like daylight, that is what made me a fan of them. If it wasn't for A head full of dreams, birds, amazing day, up&up and even hftw and AOAL I would hate this album. But up&up, a head full of dreams, amazing day e mostly birds remind me that cold still can be original (amazing day not soo much original, but it has identity). So yeah.. its ok.

Hymn for the Weekend actually surprised me, not the best on the album but it's good. For me the best are AHFOD, Everglow, Amazing Day, Up&Up, and Army of One

I think this is me. I only listened once, but AHFOD was a great opener. I did enjoy Hymn for the Weekend overall. There is a weird spot in their where Chris sings deep that I thought was weird but pretty good song. Ever glow is kinda , meh, for me but the rest of your list is pretty much mine. I really like Army of One, and Up and Up. I do think Up and Up could be better with a More full arrangement in the beginning but sounds great toward the end.

Really great album! It surprised me for good !

Im a VLV and AROBTTH lover, but already on the first listen I could tell its a wonderful album!! (not happened with GS o MX).

Such happy vibes and you can tell its meant to be played Live (which I think will be the best Coldplay tour).

Highlights: AHFOD,HFTW,EVERGLOW,AOO;AMAZING DAY and UP&UP !!!

Thank you again Coldplay!!!!

The funny thing even fresh haters would listen this bootleg couple of hours on replay :)

And what about Up&Up? Whos Stargate and what so bad to be them?

Stargate were the producers of the album. Most people who are unhappy are complaining about the producing. Songs like Up&Up that sounded amazing at the TIDAL concert are "over-produced" on the album.

Hard to blame Stargate for the electronic drums on several songs though. I saw that somewhere. Coldplay did that before knowing them on GS- and a whole lot of it. :thinking:

They work better here because this album exceeds GS in bass/guitar/piano terms by far and lyrics by some, making the drums stand out less.

But they want to be pop. Up&up 'studio version is the pop version of what we heard live last Saturday. They want to be this way...

Precisely this. The band chose to work with them (or the label made them like how they chose the first single? :P ) But if we accept the former, remember. Stargate were as wary to work with Coldplay as Guy and Will were to work with them. :nod: Twas entirely Chris' plan.