✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

What's the deal with the Fun production also? It sounds awful like sugar coated crap. The vocal arrangement is horrible too. Makes me wince when I hear it.

I must agree that the production in some parts sounds too clean but I honestly think as a whole both of those things are completely fine! I like Fun. However, it annoys me that the vocals at the end are blocked a bit...

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well it is a leaked version so... lets wait for a sec for the official copies to roll out lol

I'm hoping you're right and that some of this isn't the final version. A lot of these songs are quite good, and a lot of them have potential to be better.

who knows tho, just gotta wait.

I personally don't mind the album but like everyone else believe that the production does mess with the quality of some of the songs. :o

It would be much appreciated if the fans who like the album stopped calling those who don't like it 'haters', 'narrow-minded', 'not real fans'. Nobody has called you 'conformist', 'lacking real taste in music', 'supporting sellout' and other BS. Learn to accept that some people don't like the damn thing.

I've even met Chris and the band and followed them around touring I really dislike and am disappointed by the album but I'm still a massive fan.

I don't post much anymore, but can I just point out that this album has the potential to be the most critical acclaim since Viva or maybe AROBTTH. The reasoning is simple: critics didn't like MX cuz it was cluttered and and bad production. They didn't like GS cuz they didn't buy into the break up album concept by coldplay. For the first time since X&Y, Coldplay has made a non concept album, that features production that fits modern pop these days. The two reviews so far have been 4*s. I expect a 76 meta critic rating. I think the biggest surprise will be a 70-80 rating by Pitchfork. Anyways, I love the album, aside from X Marks the spot.

It would be much appreciated if the fans who like the album stopped calling those who don't like it 'haters', 'narrow-minded', 'not real fans'. Nobody has called you 'conformist', 'lacking real taste in music', 'supporting sellout' and other BS. Learn to accept that some people don't like the damn thing.

I'm just gonna wait till Dec 4th

Also the production isn't that bad... I feel like people need to stop fussing over electric drums. I doubt coldplay will go back to non electric drums simply cuz of what you can do with synthetic drums. Also, pop music is almost exclusively electric drums. Other then some crossover hits from alt rock bands, pop music reveres the bassy kick drum.

What thing about Army Of One exactly didn't appeal you?

Just asking. As I saw either people love it v much or just call it meh.

I want to know the perspective of people who don't like it.

:)

The song just really isn't my cup of tea and seems very mainstream to me. That's all.:)I feel like a song like A Spell A Rebel Yell would have fit better with the atmosphere of the album.

The song just really isn't my cup of tea and seems very mainstream to me. That's all.:)I feel like a song like A Spell A Rebel Yell would have fit better with the atmosphere of the album.

Army of one is one of my fav songs. People in pop have started to trend towards that vocal cutting done, but I love how (I think) it says "Away, away, Go now". And the synths are just cool. I like synth pop and its a great 7.5 song

Army of one is one of my fav songs. People in pop have started to trend towards that vocal cutting done, but I love how (I think) it says "Away, away, Go now". And the synths are just cool. I like synth pop and its a great 7.5 song

Yeah I like synthpop as well like the stuff they've done in 2011 (basically MX cause Coldplay isn't synthpop lol) , Future Islands and CHVRCHES.

Army Of One isn't really my sort of Coldplay song and imo isn't that great production wise (Stargate:angry:) but hey the song isn't as bad as I heard from the snippet. For me though, generally unmemorable and doesn't sound like Coldplay imo. But hey that's my opinion, everyone's opinions are different:D

(Lyrics aren't too bad though, but what follows this song is a tragedy and could make people cringe and piss themselves it's that bad. X Marks The Spot= Chris meets Drake:facepalm:)

Guest howyousawtheworld

Listened to some of the songs. Won't go into the empty, flaccid production of Up & Up and various other faults but I will reserve all my praise for Birds.

That is just supreme and indication that they can be great if they want to be.

Also the production isn't that bad... I feel like people need to stop fussing over electric drums. I doubt coldplay will go back to non electric drums simply cuz of what you can do with synthetic drums. Also' date=' pop music is almost exclusively electric drums. Other then some crossover hits from alt rock bands, pop music reveres the bassy kick drum.[/quote']

But real drums have so much more emotion to them as Up&Up makes clear (epic drums in sing-along in live version, is very lame in the studio version because of electronic drums). They're so much better... I just miss the good ol' days :( Even Mylo had real drums, and that's considered Newplay. :(

Then the amazing interlude would have been turned into the 'No Surprises' of the album. GENIUS:)

I LOVEEE THAT SONGGGG :D:D:D:D

But real drums have so much more emotion to them as Up&Up makes clear (epic drums in sing-along in live version, is very lame in the studio version because of electronic drums). They're so much better... I just miss the good ol' days :( Even Mylo had real drums, and that's considered Newplay. :(

I LOVEEE THAT SONGGGG :D:D:D:D

Same! I'm a huge Radiohead fan (I'm a Radioplayer) AND THIS SONG IS JUST PURE LEGENDARY:heart:

Do you like Radiohead, cp?:D