✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

X Marks the Spot is a really great song in terms of hip hop songs. In terms of Coldplay songs' date=' that's a different story :P[/quote']

I must admit, as a hip-hop song it's one of the best. :D

But when you see a band go to such levels as to experiment with hip-hop you know they're an experimental band. IMO X Marks The Spot while not the best is very experimental. It's MUCH less bland than normal hip-hop songs. It's a very different version of hip-hop which I like about it. But seriously what kind of alt-rock band is brave enough to dip into HIP-HOP??? :o

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:dance:

It's always changing, but it's weird too. Realistically I would put Viva above AROBTTH, but it's far from my favorite era as a whole. All I know is Parachutes is my least-played album. What about you?

Mine is MX, then GS and then this new AHFOD! AROBTTH, VIVA, P after that.

But it's good to know people here that enjoy the albums as I do :D

I like the album but way too poppy...x marks the spot and army of one are probably the worst Coldplay's done period. Im giving it 6.5. There are some gems but as an album it kinda sucks...bad production, no transistions, and no overarching story. As it stands id rank the albums:

1. AROBTTH

2. Ghost Stories

3. Parachutes

4. X&Y

5. Viva

6. Mylo

7. AHFOD

GS over X&Y and Viva? Seriously

Wait wait wait. I was looking at the 2015 album releases page on Wiki and for AHFoD producers it says "Rik Simpson, Davide Rossi." Didn't they originally say Davide was supposed to produce the album? If they ended up choosing Stargate over him that's crushing... these songs could've been so much damn better. :(

Wait wait wait. I was looking at the 2015 album releases page on Wiki and for AHFoD producers it says "Rik Simpson' date=' Davide Rossi." Didn't they originally say Davide was supposed to produce the album? If they ended up choosing Stargate over him that's crushing... these songs could've been so much damn better. :([/quote']

They really should have gone with Davida Rossi. Any production problems that were there would have completely disappeared. It's a real downer if that is true. :(

Wait wait wait. I was looking at the 2015 album releases page on Wiki and for AHFoD producers it says "Rik Simpson, Davide Rossi." Didn't they originally say Davide was supposed to produce the album? If they ended up choosing Stargate over him that's crushing... these songs could've been so much damn better. :(

I don't remember that, to be honest. I only remember separate sources saying that each was busy working on the album and that Davide was meant to contribute the string and horn parts.

I still would love an album just produced by Rik and Davide. If you're not familiar with Davide's remix of True Love, it's beautiful. It cuts out all the poppy R&B elements while keeping the strings and most of everything else. I highly recommend it.

I don't remember that, to be honest. I only remember separate sources saying that each was busy working on the album and that Davide was meant to contribute the string and horn parts.

I still would love an album just produced by Rik and Davide. If you're familiar with Davide's remix of True Love, it's beautiful. It cuts out all the poppy R&B elements while keeping the strings and most of everything else.

umm I need that lol

*searches up remix*

I still would love an album just produced by Rik and Davide. If you're not familiar with Davide's remix of True Love, it's beautiful. It cuts out all the poppy R&B elements while keeping the strings and most of everything else. I highly recommend it.

I have heard it. It makes a terrible song decently good. He can make anything better. Anything. :nod:

I guess David worked on Birds and Amazing Day

I am referring to the quality of the leak. some people believe that they will like the songs more if they hear them in a proper, high quality. Ridiculous and self-deceiving. If a song is bad I don't hate it cause of bad quality, and if I love a song I will love it no matter if it's 'recorded with potato' quality.

Ah ok. Sorry. I do agree that the audio quality doesn't really take away from the quality of the song itself. But to me at least it's a pretty big part of the listening experience. I simply can't truly enjoy music played on bad equipment or ripped from some low quality source such as YouTube.

I don't know if I'm an audiophile but when I listen to music I find myself listening to the audio just as much as the music itself.

Many people here criticise Chris's lyrics writing especially the one in X marks the spot. But I recently listened to his interview saying that now he starts to put more attention to his lyrics so that he can really deliver what he wants to say.

It's quite an irony.

^ I feel like I'm the only person in the world who likes A Whisper :lol:

At this point, I'm completely blaming the production choices on Stargate because, well, they're the producers :lol:

The main problems I have found are:

1) Too many random little "pop" effects that don't serve any purpose in the song whatsoever. Things like extra reverb on Chris's voice, weird noises that only pop up once or twice and are never heard again, etc. Stuff like that can be done well, but in my opinion that just didn't happen on any of the songs

2) Mixing of the instruments is just plain bad. The most grievous of these is on Up&Up. The piano is barely audible and NOEL GALLAGHER'S GUITAR SOLO IS REPRESSED WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT. Drums seem too loud, etc. Combined it just zaps all the energy from what was supposed to be a great buildup (compare it to the live version, which nails that buildup). I've only listened to the album once, but from what I remember, Fun, Army of One, and X Marks the Spot had some problems like that too.

I think a whisper is really stunning! Perfect example of how the repeating of one word can work really well. The indie deep darkness, those raw guitarrrs, 'niiiight turns to day' love that part, the dreamy ending and just the atmosphere ooomg.