✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ Chasing Yesterday from Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds has been my favorite so far. Great, great album. "Freaky Teeth" and "Ballad of the Mighty" made my all-time favorites list. AHFoD is really gonna have to wow me on Friday to beat it!

What do we think of our chances for getting some b-sides or an EP for this era? :P

Dammit i forget Gallagher :\

As for Coldplay well no new so far for a Deluxe Edition like Ghost Stories or Most of the artists in general .. so maybe they saving it for a next EP .. i hope so

I'm just here to post some comments about the songs. I dont know if any of you care about my opinion but I'm just excited about finally being able to hear the songs and I want to talk about it. Here's my song by song 'initial' review:

A Head Full Of Dreams

10/10

Awesome. This is the perfect Coldplay track. This is the song I've been waiting for them to write for years. The song starts off fast and the guitar is great! The "whoaaas" top Viva La Vida. This will be the tune I start my day off with for years to come. it's powerful, it's danceable, it's big, it's gonna be awesome live, it's Coldplay.

Birds

6/10

Not sure why everyone likes this one so much. I've only listened to it 9-10 times but I just cannot get into it. It's a nice song, it is different, and the guitar is great - but it's just kind of just bleh. I actually find this song very boring - as of now it seems like a song I will skip. Maybe it will grow on me.

Hymn For The Weekend

7/10

This track is not as bad as I thought it would be. It's extremely catchy and it still (to me) has the "Coldplay" feel to it. Beyonce sounds great! It is a great track for the radio - we all knew the album would have one.

Everglow

7/10

A really good piano driven ballad / an average Coldplay song. This one would have sounded better without Stargate. I really like the instrumentation but the song structure, lyrics, and production are just no where near what it could be. I think this one will be great live.

Adventure Of A Lifetime

7/10

Cool guitar riff, cool video, cool name, cool this cool that cool cool. A very up-beat catchy song. This is Coldplay doing "Pop/Alt" and doing it right! However, it kind of has an "alarm clock" effect after Everglow. And I'm not much on the lyrics.

Fun

6/10

Pretty nice intro/bridge! Then just...... Ugh. Reminds me a lot of X&Y's low points. Tove Lo adds almost nothing and its kind of cheesy. I hope this song grows on me but for now - I don't have much to say about it.

Kaleidoscope

9/10

I really like this. It is very different. The poem is awesome, the atmosphere is "dreamy" and the POTUS sounds great at the end. I honestly like the way they did the interlude tracks on MX better, but this still makes sense and it certainly adds to the album in a very good way.

Army Of One

7/10

*Press Play* WOW! This intro is awesome, *Bass Comes In* Holy crap!! This is going to be my favorite song on the album! *Chris starts singing* ..........UGH - (*see "Fun" review above). This is one of those times I wish there was MORE production and vocoders etc. This song had so much potential to be different and experimental in the way they want the album to be perceived.

X Marks The Spot

8/10

Take Chris Martin out of the picture and this song gets a 3/10. However, the position of this song on the album combined with the fact that Chris Martin's utter "uncoolness" is so freaking cool (I know it sounds weird, but think about it.) It's awesome. It's different, and even though it is not a great song it is something I enjoy listening to. a lot

Amazing Day

8/10

Classic Coldplay. The highlight of the latter half of the album. I really like the last minute of this song. This is Coldplay at its best. However, at this point in the album it kind of seems like a downer. I feel like this is where the triumphant song of the album should be, this, to me is not it. It kind of throws off the "happy feeling" of the album in my eyes.

Color Spectrum

8/10

This is just a weird wall of ~distant/ambient sounds. However, it's a magical, dreamy one that kind of fits in with the album. I really like it.

Up&Up

7/10

Loved the live version. The production on the studio version ruined it for me. Doesnt rule out the fact that it is a very good song though. Great album closer.

All in all its a great album 7.5/10. Please dont think that I am trying to be a critic these are all just thoughts ive been wanting to express and none of my friends really listen to Coldplay so this is my venting ground haha. In retrospect, here are my ratings for the other albums

VLV - 9.1/10

AROBTTH - 8.8/10

MX - 8.3/10

Para - 8.2/10

X&Y - 8.1/10

AHFOD - 7.5/10 (Initial)

GS - 5.5/10

^ Chasing Yesterday from Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds has been my favorite so far. Great, great album. "Freaky Teeth" and "Ballad of the Mighty" made my all-time favorites list. AHFoD is really gonna have to wow me on Friday to beat it!

What do we think of our chances for getting some b-sides or an EP for this era? :P

I thought Chris said somewhere they planned on going back into the studio next year. He specifically said for every one song Stargate accepted, eight or nine were rejected. Maybe they wanted to do some of those without them? :thinking: I think there's a fair chance for an EP.

I thought Chris said somewhere they planned on going back into the studio next year. He specifically said for every one song Stargate accepted, eight or nine were rejected. Maybe they wanted to do some of those without them? :thinking: I think there's a fair chance for an EP.

I hope so because I am craving more new stuff! [emoji23]

It's strange for me to say this, but I feel Birds is creeping its way to the top of my list of favorite songs

Same for me, but I also am really loving Fun. I know that song has a bit of mixed opinions from everyone, but the guitar in the beginning is just so awesome. It also helps I had really low expectations for this song. I was pleasantly surprised though.

I like the album but way too poppy...x marks the spot and army of one are probably the worst Coldplay's done period. Im giving it 6.5. There are some gems but as an album it kinda sucks...bad production, no transistions, and no overarching story. As it stands id rank the albums:

1. AROBTTH

2. Ghost Stories

3. Parachutes

4. X&Y

5. Viva

6. Mylo

7. AHFOD

Same for me, but I also am really loving Fun. I know that song has a bit of mixed opinions from everyone, but the guitar in the beginning is just so awesome. It also helps I had really low expectations for this song. I was pleasantly surprised though.

You're not alone....Fun is one of my favorites from the album, too!

I have 3 questions about Up&Up:

1. Why is the live version so much better than the studio version?

2. Does Noel play both guitar solos or just the second one? Does anyone know?

and 3. Why the heck did they put "believe in love" at the end? it doesn't fit the flow at all

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

and 3. Why the heck did they put "believe in love" at the end? it doesn't fit the flow at all

1. It's been a running thing for Coldplay since VLV/MX. Also probably because they can't input all that production live.

2. I don't know if anyone knows at the moment, but I think Jonny got the second solo. It seems simpler for him plus Noel would likely do the more complex solo.

3. Because CHEEEEEEEESINESS. (just kidding) I don't know why. :lol:

EDIT: someone answered something better, my post (this one) is now redundant.

This is my ranking right now, I've already listened through it like 5 times, lol. I prefer oldplay to R&B for sure, but R&B is one of my fav genres of music as well.

1. Fun

2. Amazing Day

3. Hymn for the Weekend

4. Adventure of a Lifetime

5. A Head Full of Dreams

6. Up&Up

7. Birds

8. X Marks the Spot

9. Everglow

10. Army of One

11. Color Spectrum

12. Kaleidoscope

1. I totally agree. Bad production can really ruin a song.

2. Noel does only the second solo

3. Yes omg, when they played it live one of my favourite parts of the whole song was the "believe in love" at the end, but the way they did it LIVE. The studio version sucks big time.

On first listen I actually prefer this album to Ghost Stories. I feel like Ghost Stories was consistently decent, but really had no stand out tracks. I feel like this album has a bunch of great songs like the title track, Bird, Amazing Day, and even Adventure of a Lifetime. The bad songs might be worse than Ghost Stories but the better tracks on this album are much better than Ghost Stories...but that is just my opinion. However X&Y is one of my favorite albums, so what do I know.

1. I totally agree. Bad production can really ruin a song.

2. Noel does only the second solo

3. Yes omg, when they played it live one of my favourite parts of the whole song was the "believe in love" at the end, but the way they did it LIVE. The studio version sucks big time.

I edited the live ending of Up&Up onto the end of the studio version and it sounds great and then goes into the small "believe in love" album version. I would post but not allowed D:

3. Yes omg' date=' when they played it live one of my favourite parts of the whole song was the "believe in love" at the end, but the way they did it LIVE. The studio version sucks big time.[/quote']

why does everyone hate the studio version of "believe in love", it aint bad...

On first listen I actually prefer this album to Ghost Stories. I feel like Ghost Stories was consistently decent, but really had no stand out tracks. I feel like this album has a bunch of great songs like the title track, Bird, Amazing Day, and even Adventure of a Lifetime. The bad songs might be worse than Ghost Stories but the better tracks on this album are much better than Ghost Stories...but that is just my opinion. However X&Y is one of my favorite albums, so what do I know.

X&Y is great! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! :)

I find it really funny that almost every single person on this forum just instantly decided that X Marks the Spot is the worst song Coldplay has ever done :lol:

X Marks the Spot is a really great song in terms of hip hop songs. In terms of Coldplay songs, that's a different story :P

Reading all these reviews are making me happy and anxious at the same time. I can wait. I can wait. I can wait. :sad:

It's so hard... I don't want to listen to the whole album yet, but at the same time I want to listen to it. I already gave in and listened to Everglow (which I also originally wanted to wait for). Some of these reviews are worrying me, especially about HFTW and XMTS. I'm getting the impression that Birds is a classic and that Fun is pretty solid, so I'm absolutely looking forward to hearing those two tracks. Can't it be next Friday already? :)