✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Tbh, this fanbase is filled with people who do not appreciate pop production or pop trends. I think this album is fantastic, at least a 7.5-8 for me. I keep hearing about the electric drums, and pop production, and all that... Listen to the weeknd or any hip-hop influence act or edm act... They all have loud bass drums and snare. I understand you don't have to like it, but just say it how it is. Don't say its their worst album for sure cuz it sucks, say u dont like the genre they are playing. Its pop with rock influence.Rn the two reviews its gotten are 4/5s. Expect acclaim from critics.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

major minus and 1.36 still worse
no way, they are 'classic' structure coldplay songs when they use more 'british hard rock' and 'indie' styles (despite using electronic stuff in major minus), even if you don't like the song you can feel the song truly belongs to the band... in the other hand, x marks the spot is a bad (really bad) experiment without explanation pausible

I'm hoping you're right and that some of this isn't the final version. A lot of these songs are quite good, and a lot of them have potential to be better.

who knows tho, just gotta wait.

I personally don't mind the album but like everyone else believe that the production does mess with the quality of some of the songs. :o

Could someone compare Everglow from radio to leaked version?

I deleted bootleg after two listening, can wait another couple of days for proper quality.

I think its cool that Coldplay have literally done almost every genre at this point. How many other bands have done alternative rock, edm, disco, and even a little hip hop (i dont like xmts but still u gotta give them credit for having the guts to try out such a genre) without temporarily breaking up or losing members?

Parachutes: Soft Rock

AROBTTH: Rock

X&Y: Alternative Rock

VLVODAAHF: Alternative

Mylo Xyloto: Pop Rock

Ghost Stories: Indie Pop (includes ASFOS which is EDM)

AHFOD: Pop (includes AOAL which is disco, and XMTS which is hip hop)

Who knows whats next? Coldplay still sounds like Coldplay on this new record. Piano, guitar riffs, Chris's falsetto, and cheesy lyrics. Thats Coldplay alright. May sound different, but the boys like their sound. The difference between a Coldplay FAN and a Coldplayer is that a fan will abandon the band if they don't like something. A Coldplayers sticks with the band and supports them even if they don't like something theyve done. Many have left since MX and more since AOAL came out. We all still support the band and we should all remember that when we start fighting over silly things like differing opinions over a song or which album is the best because we're never going to all agree on one thing. Let's just enjoy the fact that we dont have to wait months for AHFOD and if u dont like AHFOD, please feel free to state ur opinion on it here but try to find another thread about a different album that u like so that u can enjoy this forum.

Oh really? Did I miss the memo when they released a gangsta rap album?

I really did enjoy the heavy metal LP though!

lol those are two genres they will not explore. I want to see Chris rapping though, it wold be hilarious. Wait what am I doing here. Bye until Dec 4th!

Many people here criticise Chris's lyrics writing especially the one in X marks the spot. But I recently listened to his interview saying that now he starts to put more attention to his lyrics so that he can really deliver what he wants to say.

It's quite an irony.

Yeah I noticed this too. I truly believe he means what he says, but I miss the more abstract lyrics. The lyrics now, are a bit more straight forward, however there are some good ones on the album. My least favorite is the "my heart, boom boom boom boom". The songs feel a bit more lovey than older ones, and I think it is because of the lyrics. The Scientist is a love song, but the lyrics are amazing imo. Its not straight forward "I love you, come back to me. We are meant to be" kind if stuff. Its more abstract and executed much better. The Scientist is a perfect example of a love song with the ooooh oooh's that does it very well. Were as some of the newer ones don't do it as well.

In my opinion, the guy who said Coldplay had kind of reached their peak with Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends, has a point. That was a revolutionary time for the band. Brian Eno, Markus Dravs, Davide Rossi, all characters who made them think differently and do different music. With Mylo Xyloto they kind of ran away with the idea of trying "anything", while Ghost Stories was in my opinion a brilliant album if you look at the context in which it was made. It was a bit more quiet, a bit more solitary but since it was Chris at his earnest, it was brilliant I thought. Maybe AVHOD kind of has no real identity just yet because as a lot you have pointed out, Coldplay have tried more or less every genre a bit. This new album is also a bit wacky design-wise, on one hand they've had the paint and color there since Viva, on the other hand it's hard to please everybody. Maybe if they've said, let's go and dress like folks in India and make an Asia inspired record, maybe more would have appreciated it. I'm going to enjoy the songs because there are quite a few on there that they got right. But as an album I personally rate it lower than AROBTTH, Viva and Ghost Stories. I'd give it 6/10 so far.

The funny thing, it's how with each new album we are hearing "they are done, past prime, Clocks was the peak of career", etc. I was the one in the past.

The point is for many fans different records has it's own value.

For me after ten years most listened tracks are from bootleg The Rush of B-sides to Your Head, with favourite like Animals, Crests of Waves, Old Painters or Prospect's March.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Usually a Coldplay album is 'overrated' on these forums due to the initial wave of enthusiasm and excitement that follows all the interviews, single release and tour announcement. Certainly what I saw from MX and GS eras.

But that ain't happening on this occasion. It seems to have really unsettled and disturbed the core fan base this record and a lot of it is getting ripped to shreds particularly the repugnant X Marks The Spot. Granted there are a few highlights, AHFOD and Birds but it is scant reward for having to put up with much of the rest.

I mean moments like X Marks The Spot and the lyrics to Hymn For The Weekend are not just repugnant. It's a kick in the face to everyone who defended Coldplay's quality when they fully deserved to be backed up. A band that created such beauty and brilliance with records as diverse and wholesome as AROBTTH and VLV deserves that.

However when you hear X Marks The Spot that seeks to shimmy itself alongside horror shows like Justin Bieber like an embarrassing uncle at a sham wedding deserves none of our sympathies.

Usually a Coldplay album is 'overrated' on these forums due to the initial wave of enthusiasm and excitement that follows all the interviews, single release and tour announcement. Certainly what I saw from MX and GS eras.

But that ain't happening on this occasion. It seems to have really unsettled and disturbed the core fan base this record and a lot of it is getting ripped to shreds particularly the repugnant X Marks The Spot. Granted there are a few highlights, AHFOD and Birds but it is scant reward for having to put up with much of the rest.

I mean moments like X Marks The Spot and the lyrics to Hymn For The Weekend are not just repugnant. It's a kick in the face to everyone who defended Coldplay's quality when they fully deserved to be backed up. A band that created such beauty and brilliance with records as diverse and wholesome as AROBTTH and VLV deserves that.

However when you hear X Marks The Spot that seeks to shimmy itself alongside horror shows like Justin Bieber like an embarrassing uncle at a sham wedding deserves none of our sympathies.

Lol Justin Bieber isn't a horror show. He's a good artist with a good ear. Yeah he's no Bob Dylan but he's a solid artist.

Lol Justin Bieber isn't a horror show. He's a good artist with a good ear. Yeah he's no Bob Dylan but he's a solid artist.

A good artist with a good ear? Are you joking? His songwriters are talented for getting him to where he is but he's a joke. People praising this album need to go away and listen to good music and the bands Coldplay originally got their influences from. This album is a mess.

A good artist with a good ear? Are you joking? His songwriters are talented for getting him to where he is but he's a joke. People praising this album need to go away and listen to good music and the bands Coldplay originally got their influences from. This album is a mess.

I respect your opinion but it's just not true. You can't turn out like him, and be a joke. Also he used to write his own songs, and he probably helps in the making of the songs that are written now. Coldplay's influences aren't trash or horrendous by any means, they are just radio-friendly and pop artists.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Seriously? He's a marketed fuckbubble advised by decorated turd generals with his songs written by a team of fecal stained chimps.

Despicable in the extreme.

I respect your opinion but it's just not true. You can't turn out like him, and be a joke. Also he used to write his own songs, and he probably helps in the making of the songs that are written now. Coldplay's influences aren't trash or horrendous by any means, they are just radio-friendly and pop artists.

They produce songs noone will listen to in 10-20years time. Radio friendly chart fodder that has no depth. VLV for example has amazing depth and you can find new, good things in it over and over again. The bands Coldplay drew on initially have that depth about their music. Why is Chris wanting to take his band into radio friendly bland music territory that noone will be interested in 5 years down the line? It's a mind blowing decision from him especially when you know the talent he has.

People calling Justin Bieber a good artist, how does one even validate your opinion? I wish I knew the average age of forum members.

People on this forum are so close-minded to other music sources. I listen to Coldplay, Muse, Incubus, Sigur Rós, Radiohead, Twenty One Pilots, BOOTS, Manchester Orchestra, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bright Eyes, Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, among some other pop artists. Realizing that Justin Bieber is a good artist isn't a crime. Yeah, he obviously isn't as musically talented (not vocally speaking) or as creative as Chris Martin but he's still a good artist.

People praising this album need to go away and listen to good music and the bands Coldplay originally got their influences from. This album is a mess.

Would love to listen couple of albums like Parachutes/AROBTTH. Could you provide some names? ;)