✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I like that new song, it sounds like a nice song you'd sing with friends at a campfire :wacko:

It all got me thinking.

The Coldplay/RiRi collab has always been seen as a way for Coldplay to reach Rihanna's audience (which has always sounded silly to me because, lol, the audience Coldplay gets is as big as any audience can get, and they've never needed her to make it bigger)...but what if it's the opposite? Sure, Coldplay first asked her for a collaboration, but, with this new RiRi/Kanye/McCartney collaboration, with Rihanna doing something slightly different than we usually hear of her, maybe we should start seeing those collaborations from her point of view too, and maybe what all those guys have wanted has just been to explore more different ways of making music.

I kinda hope that people will get to that point instead of always trying to sound the smartest and point to "commercial gain" and "profit". It's not only about that.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ Good point Celine :) Right now I'm kind of curious to see Coldplay would have an intention to make collaborations with one of the members from the Beatles, preferably Paul as I previously said. The Beatles and Coldplay do obviously sound different in terms of music genre and as the music technology develops, I want to see what they can do between these two different music. You know when the sound of 60s and 00s are mixed up together :wacky: And apart from music projects that Coldplay have, this is what I really like about this band - they are open-minded with various kinds of genres, they are not afraid if their music will change from time to time. The released albums from Parachutes to Ghost Stories are purely genius - even though many of us are very disappointed with MX, yes okay but I appreciate that they have such guts to be different and not entitled to be 'someone else'. And plus the outfit progress from day one to present, from 'Rolling Stones' shirts and pants (as seen on Shiver music video :D) to uniforms whatever you call it, this is also what makes them unique. About AHFoD, I'm curious what kind of 'other outfit' they will wear and why it matches with the album ;) :D

i really love the new rihanna song, got stuck in my mind after one listen, and that doesnt happen really often!

i hope if the collab rumour its true that it would be something similar to this

oh and im really happy for this old man.. Paul McCartney, finally after all these years of waiting he's gaining attention thanks to bigger artists like Rihanna and Kanye West, I hope he becomes famous :wacko:

i really love the new rihanna song, got stuck in my mind after one listen, and that doesnt happen really often!

i hope if the collab rumour its true that it would be something similar to this

oh and im really happy for this old man.. Paul McCartney, finally after all these years of waiting he's gaining attention thanks to bigger artists like Rihanna and Kanye West, I hope he becomes famous :wacko:

That just sounds wrong doesn't it lol

according to some kanye west fans, he will.

B6cbzkgIUAEhn3f.jpg:large

btw, i would love to see another 'glass of water' in lp7. the big, bombastic sound worked so well there.

I'm wondering if "Anything is Possible" could be a clue of A Head Full Of Dreams era. Maybe it is something related to it. I don't really know if it has something to do, but we all know that every Coldplay album has at least 3 songs that starts with the same letter, so knowing that A Head Full Of Dreams is the album title and possibly the name of one of the songs, "Anything is Possible" could be another song title. Or it could just be a positive message from the True Love video story, but since A Head Full Of Dreams also sounds optimistic, anything is possible.

I'm not talking about Coldplay especifically but the MiDIA Research said that in 2019 more than 60% of revenue in music industry will come from streaming services. Mylo Xyloto is wonderful but if you look at the general sales year by year you'll be able to see the units sold are decreasing.

I'm not talking about Coldplay especifically but the MiDIA Research said that in 2019 more than 60% of revenue in music industry will come from streaming services. Mylo Xyloto is wonderful but if you look at the general sales year by year you'll be able to see the units sold are decreasing.

Yes. That is true...

Anything is possible but I think Parlophone will put some pressure to make the album a hit. It kinda worries me since the sales are falling more and more.

CD sales are down universally. People are much more apt to buying digital versions of physical copies.

EDIT: I didn't see your post. My bad.

That's the thing. iTunes downloads decreased 14% only in the first quarter of 2014 in U.S. their strongest market and they will keep this curse along with CDs. That's confusing really I still don't think Chris likes Spotify and streaming services. I still buy CDs but... Feels more like a foreign language book than an album sometimes... Sad...

And when they count copies sold like they did with Mylo and Ghost it's everything. Vinyl, CD, iTunes, amazon digital, hmv digital and look... I already read on Billboard that streaming are counting as "copies sold" right now on the Top 200. Please someone asks the guys about what they prefer...

coldplay don't put their albums on streaming services until several months after the release. obviously they prefer physical albums being sold to streaming. probably vinyl better.

I'm stuck at it but with this change in how many copies are sold based on streaming I get confused and Coldplay Live 2014

was released on Spotify on the same day it did on iTunes and record stores + Chris made a

"track by track" interview of Ghost Stories to Beatsmusic.

Should Coldplay get Brian Eno for LP7 or not? What do you guys think?

I would like to see him return in some capacity, though I doubt he will. Viva was my favourite era and he played a huge part in that, and I also personally love MX's production on almost every track, so I would love to have him back for his artistic push and the kind of odd, wonky atmospheres he has helped the band create. Plus, he made Chris leave sometimes so the rest of the band could push themselves :)

Other than that, I would love to see production from Flood, Jon Hopkins, maybe Danger Mouse, Daniel Lanois, Nigel Godrich, hell, even Rick Ross. More Simpson and Green!

I would rather not see Timbaland, Epworth or Avicii again! I would be okay with Madeon again, but I would mostly like to see the boys make the music. Just a guess, but I think AHFOD might have the most outside production, for better or worse, on a Coldplay record yet.

good news, coldplay seem to be in LA in studio!

Daniel Weber @WebsMusic

Follow

Just ate lunch next to Coldplay which means A) my life is complete and B) I know Chris and Guy like the Waldorf salad too