• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL

"YAY NEW ALBU- uh I mean, it's gonna probably HOPEFULLY be good, yeah :nod:"

that's exactly how I feel haha, it's contradictory, I understand. It's kind of like being excited about a new job opportunity. You're stoked about the pay increase and benefits, but you're also terrified because it's different, and unknown. This Coldplay album brings similar types of anxiety to me. I'm like YESS!!! A new Coldplay album! Oh my GOD I hope I like it!

I am absolutely stoked for the new album, but I am also cautiously optimistic. I definitely don't want a completely computerized album, that would really bother me.

Yes. This is exactly how I feel. Especially about the entirely computerized album thing. I would probably have a conniption if that happened.

I really like those modular synths, even though they could be for a completely different project. For those of you worried, I don't think you should be! X&Y was largely inspired by (and sampled) Kraftwerk who were revolutionary with these synths and despite the influences it remained a clear rock album and I think the synths on it sounded great!

I wouldn't mind having synths like this as the backing of tracks much like we had on Mylo Xyloto. I don't think any of us would criticize the live performances of Hurts Like Heaven, Paradise, or Every Teardrop is a Waterfall because they are really strongly instrumental, yet they all are clearly backed by heavily computerized and synthesized sounds.

I agree though that having an album completely filled with this stuff would not be ideal, but as a backing track that song Rik is working on sounds really slinky and dancy :) I also liked the one that didn't end up being for a Coldplay track last year, it was beautiful.

so rik simpson has been in LA with coldplay. pretty sure this is a pic from the studio:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31924[/ATTACH]

x

also he posted this video:

maybe some synth-heavy tracks again?

Sounds really nice and diffrent, hope it's Coldplay related.

If they want to try electronica then they should just go for it and make an electronica album rather than just taking a normal song and putting a drum machine on it and thinking you're Aphex Twin :)

Don't think that'll happen on lp7 though - that feels like a beginning of something rather than a completion - so maybe next cycle - I think lp7 will be "An Album Full of Feel-Good Bright Songs That Are Better Than MX, X&Y, GS but Not as Good as VLV, P, or AROBTTH...AND NOT ELECTRONICA"

If they want to try electronica then they should just go for it and make an electronica album rather than just taking a normal song and putting a drum machine on it and thinking you're Aphex Twin :)

Don't think that'll happen on lp7 though - that feels like a beginning of something rather than a completion - so maybe next cycle - I think lp7 will be "An Album Full of Feel-Good Bright Songs That Are Better Than MX, X&Y, GS but Not as Good as VLV, P, or AROBTTH...AND NOT ELECTRONICA"

A new album better than X&Y?? HEAVEN! :D

did u notice at the end of the video, the sound of the synths was getting cloudier and changing? It feels like Coldplay to me. Also i love how Paul Epworth just comments, "See you next weekend?" randomly.

just noticed the Paul Epworth comment..interesting! does that mean he is co-producing the album too??

why are Coldplay so secretive these days? I thought for GS, the secrecy was because of the private nature of the album, but what is the case with LP7? I want some Roadie#42 blogs, or some Phil comments on the recording or whatever..

just noticed the Paul Epworth comment..interesting! does that mean he is co-producing the album too??

why are Coldplay so secretive these days? I thought for GS, the secrecy was because of the private nature of the album, but what is the case with LP7? I want some Roadie#42 blogs, or some Phil comments on the recording or whatever..

Paul helped GS i think so it would make sense if he helped out there next one. Tbh, i think Coldplay is trying not to repeat a MX and tell and show the audience everything before the album comes out. I think if they do what they did with Viva, it would be perfect.