LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the problem is that bsides arent a thing anymore :sad:

Exactly it is so sad. I loved having all these bsides from the first 3 albums and then I was so glad they released prospekts March but then it just went down hill. I don't want a DEULXE EDITION, I want stuff they could have made it, but it didn't, but we are going to give it to you anyway.

Exactly it is so sad. I loved having all these bsides from the first 3 albums and then I was so glad they released prospekts March but then it just went down hill. I don't want a DEULXE EDITION, I want stuff they could have made it, but it didn't, but we are going to give it to you anyway.

its not just them, its the whole music industry that decided that bsides arent a thing anymore

^ I know most people say "BECAUSE QUALITY OVER QUANTITY OKAY" but that argument doesn't hold for me to be honest, the more Coldplay the better :wideeyed:

See: Mylo Xyloto, X&Y.

Both of them have the most number of songs per album (exluding b-sides and bonus content) Are they good? Not even close.

About the recent YouTube uploads: they basically uploaded everything that didn't already have a music video. Look under "playlists". The albums are there, so you can play for example all of AROBTTH with video for In My Place, The Scientist, GPASUYF, and Clocks and then audio for the rest.

[smoke is rising from the houses]

2016!!!!!!!!! It just seems more likely than 2015. 2017 had they toured under Ghost Stories.

I think so too. I have a thought they are going on hiatus this year working on the album. Takes a while but I hope it will be about the completion of the last 6 albums.

Speaking of which, most artists (not all of them) they usually release most hits album - they pick most popular singles of all time. I hope Coldplay wont do that - I like the way they release all different songs that come up in one single album and then moving onto the next one.

See: Mylo Xyloto, X&Y.

Both of them have the most number of songs per album (exluding b-sides and bonus content) Are they good? Not even close.

MX only has 11 songs if we exclude the 3 instrumentals. It's even shorter than VLVODAAHF in terms of running time/duration. That being said, I agree that X&Y had lost its magic due to its running time (I think it's more than an hour) but I'll argue that it has really some good and interesting tracks. yes maybe for some they are not as good as AROBTTH of VLV but the magic of this two albums lies basically on the connection it makes. I'm not saying that the other albums doesn't establish connections with the hearer/person. For me, this two albums rely heavily on what you really strongly feel at the moment. You know I really enjoy MX when I'm happy while I tend to play X&Y whenever I want some space.

It feels more likely to me that this is not an artistic choice to go slow, but probably a personal preference for them nowadays. All their kiddos are getting older, and considering that each of these guys is so damn genuine and nice, I just don't see them committing weeks upon weeks in the studio like they did when they were younger. Certainly a hiatus would mean they can really take their time on the next one and settle down and hang with their families more.

During the BBC interviews I definately got the impression that they were really excited to have a big vacation from performing coming up. Especially with Guy and Jonny. Not trying to say that they don't but an immense amount of work into each album, put I am betting that is going to become more of a reality for them.

We have to cling onto the last vestige of Good Coldplay Albums as best we can :cry:

What I'm saying is that although it's a good album, it's not the best.

Take a look at AROBTTH. It has a total of 11 tracks, with Daylight and A Whisper being the weakest.

Now take a look at VLV. It has a total of 13 tracks, with Cemeteries of London, Lost and Chinese Sleep Chant being the weakest.

Now, we've seen teh worst of each album, we must take a look at the best.

For AROBTTH, we have Politik, In My Place, GPASUYF, The Scientist, Clocks, Warning Sign, AROBTTH, and Amsterdam being some proper good songs.

For VLV, we have 42, Lovers in Japan, Viva la Vida, Violet Hill, Strawberry Swing, and DAAHF.

The rest of the songs that I've omitted in both albums are only mediocre.

Now, time for some maths.

AROBTTH: 2/11 songs bad, 8/11 songs good.

VLVODAAHF: 3/13 songs bad, 6/13 songs good.

Bust out a calculator and you'll find that for a common denominator we get 143.

So it's 26/143 vs. 33/143 for bad (AROBTTH vs. VLVODAAHF)

And 104/143 vs. 66/143 for good (AROBTTH vs. VLVODAAHF)

Case closed.

What I'm saying is that although it's a good album, it's not the best.

Take a look at AROBTTH. It has a total of 11 tracks, with Daylight and A Whisper being the weakest.

Now take a look at VLV. It has a total of 13 tracks, with Cemeteries of London, Lost and Chinese Sleep Chant being the weakest.

Now, we've seen teh worst of each album, we must take a look at the best.

For AROBTTH, we have Politik, In My Place, GPASUYF, The Scientist, Clocks, Warning Sign, AROBTTH, and Amsterdam being some proper good songs.

For VLV, we have 42, Lovers in Japan, Viva la Vida, Violet Hill, Strawberry Swing, and DAAHF.

The rest of the songs that I've omitted in both albums are only mediocre.

Now, time for some maths.

AROBTTH: 2/11 songs bad, 8/11 songs good.

VLVODAAHF: 3/13 songs bad, 6/13 songs good.

Bust out a calculator and you'll find that for a common denominator we get 143.

So it's 26/143 vs. 33/143 for bad (AROBTTH vs. VLVODAAHF)

And 104/143 vs. 66/143 for good (AROBTTH vs. VLVODAAHF)

Case closed.

Dude, you need to know something. You can "bust out a calculator" as much as you want, but as long as your numbers are just based on your personal opinion they are meaningless to most other people and therefore the "case" is not closed.

Dude, you need to know something. You can "bust out a calculator" as much as you want, but as long as your numbers are just based on your personal opinion they are meaningless to most other people and therefore the "case" is not closed.

You're telling me that "Amsterdam is good" is an opinion?

Mylo xyloto, despite some questionable choices, like the good for nothing Rihanna, had its special moments, like Charlie Brown, hurts like heaven, etiaw... I remember hearing those early festival live recordings and thinking wow, instant classics...

It is ghost stories that seems to me the most underwhelming. It feels like a stopgap album before an epic mindf***ing mind blowing masterpiece, like a head full of dreams. I hope so, anyway))

Fun fact: The live versions of Mylo were SOOOOOOOOOO much better than the actual album.

Every goddam song on VLV is a friggin masterpiece.

In my opinion, ofc)

Lost! and Chinese Sleep Chant say hi.