✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Regardless of the math, you're assuming that your opinions are fact haha. While you're entitled to your opinions, it's like the old saying goes, one person's garbage is another person's treasure...and vice versa. I don't think the number of songs on an album equals the quality you get, it depends what a band's goals are. If your goal is to have 20 songs on an album, then yea you'll probably get some songs that shouldn't have been there in the first place, because you're just making up songs to reach that goal. On the other hand, if you have 20 ideas for great songs already, then the album just works out to be that way and they might all be great.

On another note, as far as the predictions go...I think we'll see an album this year, with touring starting in early 2016. I also think it'll be a little more up tempo than what we saw in Ghost Stories. I think they're waiting to do big arena/stadium concerts with songs that can fill up the space and let people jump around and sing along, and also sync up with the new xylobands! I say all this, but who knows...I'm just a fan.

Cheers!

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I'm saying is that although it's a good album, it's not the best.

Take a look at AROBTTH. It has a total of 11 tracks, with Daylight and A Whisper being the weakest.

Now take a look at VLV. It has a total of 13 tracks, with Cemeteries of London, Lost and Chinese Sleep Chant being the weakest.

Now, we've seen teh worst of each album, we must take a look at the best.

For AROBTTH, we have Politik, In My Place, GPASUYF, The Scientist, Clocks, Warning Sign, AROBTTH, and Amsterdam being some proper good songs.

For VLV, we have 42, Lovers in Japan, Viva la Vida, Violet Hill, Strawberry Swing, and DAAHF.

The rest of the songs that I've omitted in both albums are only mediocre.

Now, time for some maths.

AROBTTH: 2/11 songs bad, 8/11 songs good.

VLVODAAHF: 3/13 songs bad, 6/13 songs good.

Bust out a calculator and you'll find that for a common denominator we get 143.

So it's 26/143 vs. 33/143 for bad (AROBTTH vs. VLVODAAHF)

And 104/143 vs. 66/143 for good (AROBTTH vs. VLVODAAHF)

Case closed.

Ah yes, math, a fact-based medium, being applied to something emotional and subjective really shuts any argument to the contrary down.

A Head Full of Misconceptions.

A Field Full of Oleanders.

A Nest Full of Eggs.

A Body Without Oxygen.

I don't know. I'm just throwing some ideas around. None of these make sense.

Nah. They do have sense! Especially the "A Head Full Of Misconceptions." :) Very appropriate to the modern world that we are now living.

^ Likewise. I have softened up to AHFOD's title, but I still think it feels a little clunky and perhaps cheesy. It also sounds like, judging by the interviews, that this title is going to stick, since Guy and Jonny both acknowledged it has been the title since Ghost Stories was in the works ,and that it is typically the first thing completed for the album.

I still wish that it was Ahead Full Of Dreams. That certainly sounds less cheesy and more mysterious and ready for interesting sounds to me.

What I'm saying is that although it's a good album, it's not the best.

Take a look at AROBTTH. It has a total of 11 tracks, with Daylight and A Whisper being the weakest.

Now take a look at VLV. It has a total of 13 tracks, with Cemeteries of London, Lost and Chinese Sleep Chant being the weakest.

Now, we've seen teh worst of each album, we must take a look at the best.

For AROBTTH, we have Politik, In My Place, GPASUYF, The Scientist, Clocks, Warning Sign, AROBTTH, and Amsterdam being some proper good songs.

For VLV, we have 42, Lovers in Japan, Viva la Vida, Violet Hill, Strawberry Swing, and DAAHF.

The rest of the songs that I've omitted in both albums are only mediocre.

Now, time for some maths.

AROBTTH: 2/11 songs bad, 8/11 songs good.

VLVODAAHF: 3/13 songs bad, 6/13 songs good.

Bust out a calculator and you'll find that for a common denominator we get 143.

So it's 26/143 vs. 33/143 for bad (AROBTTH vs. VLVODAAHF)

And 104/143 vs. 66/143 for good (AROBTTH vs. VLVODAAHF)

Case closed.

You should also consider the cohesiveness of the album and the standout style as well. Maybe AROBTTH is better when we speak of individual songs but I must say that Viva has a leg up on the experimentation process as well as on the flow of the whole album.