✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Am I the only one who feels like LP7 is going to explode in a few weeks?

Well If you listen to the zane lowe interview chris did a while back, he said he recorded some songs that were too upbeat for ghost stories plus, jonny said that they realized they were going to record two albums (ghost stories & a head full of dreams 2 years ago.) They already had some ideas of lp7 before ghost stories came out. they should be finished within 2 or 3 months.

Am I the only one who feels like LP7 is going to explode in a few weeks?

Someone has said this every other week for the past few months. I'm not saying it isn't gonna happen, but lets just wait and see instead of playing hunches.

I see your point.

But while we're hovering over the subject, is there anything band related to look forward to? Any appearances Chris is booked for? Anything from Guy's side band Apparatchik? Anything at all?

:ears: Well at least we are always listening for something new! Really wish we would get some material soon, but now that they definitely aren't playing Glastonbury or any other scheduled shows...I think our best estimates put AHFOD or new material later in the summer or by the end of the year :( Perhaps if we all just wish hard enough they will release something. Anything.

Do you guys think the album will have better lyrics?! My opinion is whenever they drop the love song schtick we usually witness stronger and more cohesive lyrics. I've also realized there is a weird correlation between their edgier and more rock sounding songs and better lyrics. Ghost Story, Square One, Politik, GPASUYF, 42, Major Minus, HLH etc are just some examples.

^ I hope they have better lyrics, I personally thought big portions of Ghost Stories and MX were cringe-worthy, despite some of the stronger tracks (AIMH, HLH, UATW,Magic, True Love) I don't know how I feel about the future...knowing Coldplay and Chris in this decade, I bet we can expect some pop singles with pretty generic, cheesy lyrics, but on the same token, I bet we will be getting some more rockier/alternative songs as well that might be a lot stronger. So I would say yes and no. Definitely a potential for another ASFOS. Every album really is a balance of good and meh lyrics I think, but obviously AROBTTH and Viva were overall a lot stronger, perhaps due to the more diverse, alternative nature of both albums.

This is probably too speculative...but what kind of topics do you think will be covered? Every record has a pretty cohesive theme, except for maybe X&Y or Parachutes, with of course some love songs thrown in...I wonder if they will just go that direction again or really focus on a couple themes like MX, Viva, GS and AROBTTH? My hope is that they look at real dreams: crazy, surreal, fantastical kinda stuff.

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

This is probably too speculative...but what kind of topics do you think will be covered? Every record has a pretty cohesive theme, except for maybe X&Y or Parachutes, with of course some love songs thrown in...I wonder if they will just go that direction again or really focus on a couple themes like MX, Viva, GS and AROBTTH? My hope is that they look at real dreams: crazy, surreal, fantastical kinda stuff.

Just my opinion but I'm sorta thinking it depends a lot on when the songs got written...perhaps if there were some already floating around before/during GS they would be different to what was created now......we shall just have to wait and be surprised, as always! I hope at least a single soon! [emoji120][emoji446]

AND I would love it if was more surreal, raw, fantastical kind of stuff! It would be somewhat magical...[emoji92][emoji145][emoji92]

I had a dream last night that the album opener leaked and it was this glitchy rework of the last 30 seconds of O, but when there is that heavy bass drop that Madeon contributed, the song burst into this really kind of dancy, raucous rock song that kind of reminded me of Spoon's latest album.

Of course this is silly and won't happen, but goes to show my subconscious took that Jo Whiley quote of AHFOD being the day to GS' night quite literally haha. Wish I dreamed up more...:thinking2:

Anyone else get dreams of the music? I had one a week ago that was an entire song but totally forgot what it sounded like. WHAT IF COLDPLAY IS ZAPPING THE MUSIC INTO OUR SLEEPING BRAINS! THE TITLE IS LITERAL! AHHHH!

Random thought, what would be everyone's reaction if Coldplay came out at the end of the Apple event today and said "as a gift, everyone with an Apple device gets our latest album, 'A Head Full of Dreams' for free on their iTunes account", a la U2?

Random thought, what would be everyone's reaction if Coldplay came out at the end of the Apple event today and said "as a gift, everyone with an Apple device gets our latest album, 'A Head Full of Dreams' for free on their iTunes account", a la U2?

I'm gonna be like...

OMG-cat.jpg

Is this real?

is-this-the-real-life-is-this-just-fantasy.jpg

id be against it if they force the download to everyone like U2 did, i wouldnt be against it if they gave you the choice to download it or not

but id probably be pissed for some hours because i dont own anything by apple and id download the illegal version as soon as t comes out :D (but then buy the actual cd)

btw i too dreamt about the album opener being leaked, but it was a jazzy song with heavy guitars on it