✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I think there is a high likelihood that we will be seeing Coldplay drop AHFOD as a surprise. All the biggest names in music have done it over the last year or two, so I am betting they will do it. I could see it be free too! Or perhaps they will do a double album, one half free the other not.

If it happened today I would explode into confetti.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting, since Manoj is a lyricist, I bet Chris just heard the lyrics and wanted to use them, but I can't find any of his songs that would be in English, so must be a sample... but wouldn't they have to give credit to the artist who performs the lyrics too? Either way, I am excited with this interesting title and with Brain Eno's inclusion.

initially brian eno's inclusion made me think that this is a song by Manoj that samples a MX song, since eno got writing credits during MX. but him being a lyricist makes me wonder. still i don't have a lot of hope for a coldplay original since we've had false alarms like this before.

Well, yeah, Manoj Muntashir is a lyricist in India who's just about breaking through into the Indian film industry to write lyrics for songs and stuff. He also writes scripts for Indian reality shows, but he seems to do that mainly to have a regular income. He's really interested in writing lyrics for songs, but he didn't get to do much of that yet, so I'm guessing this is a huge breakthrough for him IF Coldplay is using his lyrics. But that's what makes me think that this could be Coldplay's song, because Manoj Muntashir is a lyricist and not a composer/producer, so he wouldn't be sampling any of Coldplay's stuff.

Btw, Manoj Muntashir has a very inspiring story about how he made it in his career. He moved from his hometown, Allahabad, to Bombay with just 700 rupees (about 20$ back then) to find a career as a writer/lyricist. And he lived on the footpaths of Bombay for at least a year before he got a chance.

• 2 weeks later...
Just found another song registred on ASCAP. Not sure if it's true or not, but here it goes:

quHMlKd.png

3VC3JjL.png

Both aurore boreale and autodance are songs that have coldplay samples in them but they aren't coldplay songs.

Well at least Lamhein and Radio Dial are still in the mix....love those titles. Aurore Boreale would be a cool title too....

Starting to feel the immense weight of the vast depths of time between Coldplay eras.....:disappointed:

Is there any confirmation Lamhein is a Coldplay song? I love the title too, but it sounds a lot like Aurore Boreale.

No, we don't have confirmation with any. It is always too hard to tell with the database. Radiodial and Lamhein are just the two that we can't definitively say are Coldplay songs, samples of Coldplay songs, or even songs written by Coldplay for someone else. So we just have to hope! I love the vibes coming off each song name (especially the Waltz in B Minor.)

As the title suggests it's a waltz, I'd probably assume it is in the time signature of 3/4. Chopin who Chris as sited as an inspiration actually has a piece called, "Waltz No. 10 in B minor, Op. 69, No. 2".

[video=youtube;qQVngbDTAZ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQVngbDTAZ0

Now here are some common chords and progressions in B minor:

jd4V6RY.png

MY GUESS

I presume that this track is actually an Instrumental. Given Chris' admiration of Chopin (a classical composer who composed instrumentals) which dates back to some time in the MX area as shown by his notes I feel we made have missed out on a very big clue.

side2a.jpg

The radio tower beside A Hopeful Transmission (An Instrumental), is a linking factor here. The radio tower obviously references A Hopeful Transmission but could it reference Radio Dial (Waltz in B Minor) as well?

^Interesting Idea! I like it. I would personally love a nice, long instrumental based around Chris' interpretation of Chopin. Here is my prediction and hope though:

Much like Viva la Vida, which has a classical yet modern feel to it, Radio Dial (Waltz in B-Minor) is a massive, radio worthy track that is based around the B-Minor Waltzy elements but has taken a different route with progressive, stadium rock feels reminiscent of the Viva era. It would be a hit single, but also an alternative, critical hit that everyone can enjoy! I imagine a more piano oriented HLH/VLV/Politik sounding song. :sunny:

Starting to feel the immense weight of the vast depths of time between Coldplay eras.....:disappointed:

:disappointed: :disappointed: :disappointed: this time it is worse I guess, because there are no updates whatsoever from The Bakery & Chris in on the other side of the world living a la Hollywood.. :sad: There is nothing to indicate the band is currently working on the new album..

I wonder how much will we have to wait :(