✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Official 2014 World Cup in BRA71L thread!

Sparky

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

France is out too but now they are considered as a team again and people support them again (compared to what happened in South Africa, 4 years ago). I guess Didier Deschamps made a good job as manager. I don't know a lot about soccer but it was all over the news so I wanted to share bits and bobs :D

Wow the Germany bandwagon on Facebook is unreal lol, I love it when people who haven't even been to Europe suddenly become die hard fans and feel the need to post updates after each goal :lol:

Ah yes...that German Bandwagon... It was especially annoying when USA were playing Germany and I had a bunch of AMERICAN Facebook friends cheering for Germany.

Man, I feel devistatingly sad for Brasil right now. Did Germany really have to go and humiliate them that badly? :(

let me just say this: I'm glad Brazil lost at the semifinals, otherwise could be a new Maracanaço, I wasn't expecting 7-1 obviously.

plus, I screamed so loud when Klose scored that now I've a sore throat :lol:

let me just say this: I'm glad Brazil lost at the semifinals, otherwise could be a new Maracanaço, I wasn't expecting 7-1 obviously.

plus, I screamed so loud when Klose scored that now I've a sore throat :lol:

Wait aren't you from Brazil though?

1-7 slaughterhouse. Ouch. I had a feeling that this would happen. Scolari did not have a back up plan for the absence of Thiago Silva. And David Luiz is a very attacking minded defender, someone I wouldn't play against the Germans.

I really felt bad for Brazil. I really did. But their defense was horrible. I think that it's the main reason why they lost. Damn, they got so discouraged that Neymar and Thiago Silva were not there, they couldn't make it on their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait aren't you from Brazil though?

YES, in fact I am.

but I'm saying this since the beginning: Brazil didn't have the team to win this.

U can check my posts here :P

now, about the finals, Germany vs. Netherlands will break my heart 'cos both teams deserve to win WC so bad

if Argentina goes through, die Nationalmannschaft better win

Well, I'm a German, so I am very happy about the victory yesterday. And I'm not really feeling bad for Brazil because they were simply too bad. We didn't want to humiliate Brazil, it's just the fact that Germany lost a 4 goal leading against Sweden some time ago, so I think they wanted to shoot about five goals for a safe victory. In the second half I was shocked by how bad Brazil defends. A few easy passes and goal. Now I hope for Argentina in the final.

The Official 2014 World Cup in Brazil thread!

With RVP probably out for the Netherlands (stomach issues), their chances have decreased by a bit I'd say. It'll be slightly harder for them without him on the pitch for sure. It's not as bad as it would be if Argentina lost Messi though, since RVP is not the only world class player on the Netherlands. You can argue about it, but IMO Messi is really the only world class player on Argentina. (he's the best in the world obviously...!!)

without Messi, they wouldn't even be in the semifinals.

I think Argentina are in the same boat as Brazil... Argentina re a one man team based around messi as Brazil were with neymar... However, I believe Argentina are a better team than Brazil I think Holland will heart them. Brazil didn't deserve to get to the semi finals especially after the turned the Columbia game into a kicking match, they lost neymar because the columbians retaliated against them after all the unpunished fouls.. The referee didn't even punish half of the fouls...Brazil showed they couldn't handle the pressure last night in the hardest game of the tournament for them.. They showed they were a one man team unlike Holland who showed in the last game that they were a squad... Robben and Van Persie compliment each other perfectly... And speaking as a united fan I can't wait to have van gaal as our manager. He showed he had balls of steel when he put krul on.. He is gonna shake up the premiership big time.....

Rant over...

Sad that there can only be one winner of world cup.

the Netherlands dethronized the former world champions Spain with 5:1!! Both Robben and van Persie are very dominant on that team, whereas Germany is playing more as a unity - a team of very good players of which many have made goals.

Germany won against Portugal 4:0 and Brazil 7:1 !!

If a team is allowed to play their way, then that team is playing like a world champion (Germany vs. Portugal and Brazil; the Netherlands vs. Spain) - if not allowed to play as the team wants to play (because the other team has found out how to contain the best players), then the play is "bad / "poor" - i.a. Australia vs. the Netherlands - a match ending 2:3, but the Netherlands had trouble winning that match and also their match against Mexico - whereas Germany had trouble with Ghana (2:2) and the USA (0:1) but won.

So I hope that we will see Germany and the Netherlands in the finals on Sunday - 2 teams that have made many goals in this tournament.