✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin, Nile Rodgers and Avicii collaborating for a new song

Jonny and the cake

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
The Billie Joe track is “the most pure rock moment on the album” while the collaboration with Chris Martin follows Avicii co-writing Coldplay’s hit A Sky Full Of Stars last year.

“It’s similar to A Sky Full Of Stars, but this one is more of a collaborative effort between me and Chris. With that song Chris had already written the lyrics, I remade the whole instrumental. This time around from the start we’ve done something together. We’ve done a bunch of stuff together that’s lying around, but nothing’s ever got to the point like this one is at now.”

x

why make two in the same vein? hope it is more interesting.

Should be just 'Forever' actually:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/coldplaying">@coldplaying</a> When an EDM song is played before it's released, people usually name it "ID"</p>— OZ (@Sazo42) <a href="https://twitter.com/Sazo42/status/571725403305484288">February 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

[video=youtube;ykEtEbM6RYM]

:|

I don't know what to feel when I listen to this. To think Chris started out singing songs like "Careful where you stand" and now he sings over generic run-of-the-mill EDM songs, I'm like

I just can't hate it because I love Chris's voice so much, and from time to time I enjoy listening to happy cheap ass EDM songs that always follow the same bold boring rules and structures, but

it's great but at the same time it sucks??

giphy.gif

YOU KNOW???

^ i know what you mean. listen to a rush of blood and this and it can be a little unsettling.

and how come some of the lyrics have become so generic and almost nonsensical?

:|

I don't know what to feel when I listen to this. To think Chris started out singing songs like "Careful where you stand" and now he sings over generic run-of-the-mill EDM songs, I'm like

I just can't hate it because I love Chris's voice so much, and from time to time I enjoy listening to happy cheap ass EDM songs that always follow the same bold boring rules and structures, but

it's great but at the same time it sucks??

giphy.gif

YOU KNOW???

My sentiments exactly!