✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin, Nile Rodgers and Avicii collaborating for a new song

Jonny and the cake

I have this extremely positive bias towards Chris that stops me from being worried and skeptical about that sort of things :awesome:

I genuinely just can't help loving basically everything the man takes part in :awesome:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I genuinely just can't help loving basically everything the man takes part in :awesome:

me too :I

Everybody around me is like "ASFOS couldn't be more generic and bland, how the fuck can u even listen to it"

and I'm like "CHRIS :wacky: "

yeah same, but damn that is definitely a good EDM song

My sentiments exactly, In my opinion way better than any of Avicii's other stuff. I don't look at this as a Coldplay song, I take it for what it is Chris singing a song produced by Avicii. I'm fine with that 'cause I sometimes listen to other EDM is like stuff by Kygo.

Whilst catching up on the Voice from last night I thought I heard this song in the background. After watching it back again a couple of times & comparing to the videos posted here I'm pretty sure I'm right in thinking it's the same song. It's quite a short snippet with people talking over it but if you're interested it's on iPlayer (The Voice series 4: 8 Battles 1) start watching from 1 hour 57 minutes...

What do you think?

Also, if I knew how to record & upload it I would!

^ i know what you mean. listen to a rush of blood and this and it can be a little unsettling.

and how come some of the lyrics have become so generic and almost nonsensical

YES..Exactly what my greatest fear is for the next album, the lyrics *sighs*

"such a night..such a beautiful night" I mean, uh :blank:

For those who dislike the snippets, remember this track is for an Avicii album. I think it is pretty cool that Chris has contributed his voice and what sounds like some nice piano to an EDM track. Would I want it anywhere near a Coldplay album ? Of course not, but I think after how controversial ASFOS among the band we won't have to worry about Avicii or purely EDM sounds from them anymore. Plus I am pretty sure they recorded this song ages ago, maybe even last year, so this doesn't mean they are in the studio with Avicii right now.

As far as Avicii's album goes though, this might be a great track! Purely meant for dancing and good feelings so I am not personally worried about the lyrics or how generic it is. Besides, the total package might surprise us all.

^ This is awesome!

I think the song is just about right. Really good composition and Chris's voice does really fit with this song as well. I dont usually listen to these kinds of songs except maybe like Calvin Harris because he's hawt and has got great music taste :cool:

The full live song from the show:

Avicii premiered a new single from his upcoming sophomore studio album Stories while he was Down Under performing at the Future Music Festival. The new track, "Heaven," features Chris Martin of Coldplay, and it sounds exactly how you'd expect a collaboration between these two to sound — Martin provides luxurious piano riffs and somewhat overwrought vocals while Avicii makes it a little less namby-pamby with his energetic production. Listen to a fan-recorded stream of the song below. While the quality isn't the best (we're pretty sure the recorder's finger was over the mic at some point), you can get a pretty good sense of what to expect from the sweeping new track.

http://www.spin.com/articles/avicii-chris-martin-coldplay-stories-heaven-stream/

so this may not be the track avicii keeps talking about after all..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The "Chris Martin track" from my set was a mashup of an old demo vocal and super unfinished.</p>— Tim Bergling (@Avicii) <a href="https://twitter.com/Avicii/status/572872888585359362">March 3, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

hahaa!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>You'll have to wait a little longer to hear the real stuff we did together! Can't wait to premiere it!!</p>— Tim Bergling (@Avicii) <a href="https://twitter.com/Avicii/status/572872911670784000">March 3, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>