✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

True Love is the next video? *Official video released*

mayrn43

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible! Absolutely terrible. I cannot fathom how Will could let Chris get away with this stuff. Or the rest of the band for that matter.

Such a shame murdering a beautiful and brilliant track like this. For the first time in a while their single had the potential to have an EPIC video but the result is extremely unimaginative, cliché and banal.

I have to admit I didn't like the Magic video at all, but the video for True Love is superb.

I can't remember having laughed so much while viewing a music video recently. And I mean it in a good way.

The costumes are hilarious and the storyline very cute.

I don't understand the negative reactions by some people. Would you rather have an overly schmaltzy video about oh, such deeeeep love that Chris feels for some random actress girl? :rolleyes:

In a four minute video you either do something creative (like in Strawberry Swing) or something funny and this video is in my opinion a great music video -> 8/10

Well this is simply one of the most adorable videos I've ever seen! :dazzled::dazzled::dazzled:

That little "Anything is possible" bit at the end though is too much for me. I mean it's a nice message but the video itself suffices, it just felt kind of weird and too cheesy to me.

The video is weirdly beautiful and carries a deep message. I just enjoy how the guys just do whatever they feel like doing :D Not all the bands are capable of this. I truly believe in them, and everything that they do !

I do understand everybody has got different thoughts and opinions, but personally I'm okay with the video. I dont see anything bad or good with it. It's just okay and I think I get the message from what Chris wants to deliver, he expresses his feelings in a comedic way and more entertaining I guess. Strawberry Swing video entertains me, I love it. True Love...hmm, the very first time when I listened to this song I'd say it was my least favorite. But after listening to it for hundreds of times, I realized that Chris has gotten really deep feelings of himself brokenhearted, so behind the scene of this True Love song is really meant to be about someone is heartbroken because his "True Love" has gone away and probably would not come back, which is very sad. I think I'd appreciate Chris at this time regarding what he wants to express in GS album especially this song.

And I dont know why I dont hate the video too :P, I dont know. I cant hate on this video really.

And I dont know why I dont hate the video too :P, I dont know. I cant hate on this video really.

it's not hate, there's much nonsense stuff (except the anything is possible scene), I don't believe the Sumo suit was referring to fat people, only to the ones that feels excluded by the way they look.

that's why I gave it a 5, could have been done with any other CP song.

it's not hate, there's much nonsense stuff (except the anything is possible scene), I don't believe the Sumo suit was referring to fat people, only to the ones that feels excluded by the way they look.

that's why I gave it a 5, could have been done with any other CP song.

Why is it nonsense? :)

I think everybody views it differently, I know Chris can only define whats really behind this true love thing while everybody else is judging it. But sure, your thoughts are still accepted ;)

there's a few bits that don't connect to the main story, example: they could have skipped to the ballerina part that we wouldn't miss it.

that's what I meant by nonsense :P

If you think positively, Coldplay wanted to hire these ballerinas because they would get paid :P. One thing for sure is money :P

The video is quirky and the sumo suits are funny but I am disappointed. I was hoping True Love wasn't gonna be the same or similar to the Magic vid but I had a feeling it would be with Jonas directing again. Magic was ok, it was pleasant, held no real replay value for me though.

True Love is a completely different song and I would of liked to see a darker themed and emotional video, the same 'acting style' video of Magic does not suit the song at all. The Midnight video (a few peeps are mentioning just 3 vids) was bang on, really absorbing, complimented the song, trippy and mysterious.

Prefer the videos directed by Mat Whitecross too, apart from the clanger that was Charlie Brown, True Love is above that still! Coldplay are inconsistent with their videos though, their best ones tend to be the first off each album.

So lets preface this by saying the MVs never really matter to me, so long as the music is good.

However, I must say this was a stinker. I already wasn't a big fan of the MVs for Midnight and Magic. A Sky Full of Stars was okay though. But True Love was just so cringe worthy in my view. I think it stemmed from the fat suit and all....

Add on top of that the missing members of Coldplay. Like, WTF!? Either they don't have them at all in videos (like Magic) or they show up in the video and do nothing in them (like Midnight). Just the same gripes I usually make with poor Coldplay MVs. Iunno, I set the bar pretty low for this after the Magic video and I wasn't surprised at my renewed disappointment.

I go back to what I said after the Magic video: they can't go wrong with a performance-based video, where the acting is minimal and the input/attendance from the rest of the band is maximal. To me, the best thing about Coldplay are their live shows. So why not give that impression in an MV in the style of a performance video a la Clocks or Fix You? Perhaps they're trying to hit a home-run with a non-performance based video (like Yellow, The Scientist, Strawberry Swing), but they've struck out more than anything. Anyone calling this video a perfect, 10/10 is just lying to themselves. What kind of '10/10' Coldplay video doesn't even have 100% of the band in it?

I'll prolly get flamed for that rant, but of course this is all opinion, mines and others. I wasn't saying anyone's opinion is wrong, but I can't see how this video can be rated anything above 8/10 personally.