✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Secret Santa 2014

SantaClaus

Came home in a snowstorm tonight to find a package all the way from Germany waiting outside for me!

imagejpg1_zpsd639d95f.jpg

Although i was wondering at first, what the white foam is on the package until I read it experienced a snow storm hahaha. Hope it didn't freeze or got too wet! Pretty icey in NY ;)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ilara,

I just got the courier from work. It's the best gift ever. You are the best Santa :D

I love it. Love absolutely everything about it. Thanks a million for the effort you have put into it. It means a lot to me.

Loved the personalized CD and the handmade Viva la Vida jacket. It's the cutest gift everrrrrr.

I will try and post the pics online later.

I hope you get all the happiness and even more than you have given to me.

@Santa: Could you help me with the username of my secret santa ?

Although i was wondering at first, what the white foam is on the package until I read it experienced a snow storm hahaha. Hope it didn't freeze or got too wet! Pretty icey in NY ;)

Yes, it was waiting outside for me in the snow! Thought you'd enjoy seeing the wintry coating on the package. But everything inside was just perfect. Thanks again and have a Merry Christmas!

Quote :

________________________________________________________________________________

Originally posted by gerben;5702709

Just came home from Oxford to find my Secret Santa package :) Thank You Mortilorie :) Thanks to the confetti I still have some part of the Ghost Stories tour and the chocolate was delicious ;)

________________________________________________________________________________

oh wow the Christmas Card :ghoststories::dazzled:

and yes MILKA is best :)

Just came home from Oxford to find my Secret Santa package :) Thank You Mortilorie :) Thanks to the confetti I still have some part of the Ghost Stories tour and the chocolate was delicious ;)

11w4nqs.jpg

Hi Gerben, so glad the card arrived in time for Christmas and that you like it!

Here I am! Thank you Rahul, I'm really happy and you're very kind :nice: (I sent you a PM right now :wink: )

And yesterday arrived mine! :dance: Thank you so much Celien!! I bet your TARDIS left the pack in front of my door, but I didn't hear his typical sound! You changed it, right? I know you like to travel alone and I know you don't want "fans" wandering in your TARDIS, but I swear, I can be a perfect mate!!! I'm waiting for you! :laugh3:

Thank you again for the gifts, the gloves are perfect and very useful. Winter has just arrived in Italy :) Thank you for the card and for the other gifts!

jm5j8j.jpg

sXMkse.jpg

3tORR8.jpg

Merry Christmas and happy new year, Doctor and everyone! :)

I have by now sent three secret santas and have never received anything, so hopefully this year will be different!

either the packages got lost or you've got asshole santas :angry:

I also haven't gotten anything, yet. I hope I'll get something :wacky:

after a busy day at work I got home to find my secret santa package had arrived! Sadly no name on the package or card inside so cannot say who it was from to thank them, but hopefully they will know its them if they read this. So thank you so much for my 'card full of stars' which turned into a 'carpet full of stars' and all my lovely sweet gifts, only the other day someone told me I had lost too much weight, so these little devils will put some back on and keep them happy!! Thanks secret santa!!!

either the packages got lost or you've got asshole santas :angry:

I also haven't gotten anything, yet. I hope I'll get something :wacky:

Well last year I forgot to enter, and the year before my packet was apparently lost on the way from India (according to Mr. Secret Santa) and when the pledge came to send an additional secret santa to the ones that did not get one I sent another one. Since my package had been sent I was not included in this second round as it might still arrive .... Then I asked my secret santa who had received my gift if he had sent his and if it had arrived ok, and then he said, he did not get to it :angry:, so I urged him to at least send a card in January, because the person is waiting for it. Not sure if he has done it. I do not know why people enter if they then do not take the time to send something. Happy 4th advent everybody!

I received my Secret Santa package from the wonderful Christa42 today!

It turns out that it had arrived quite a while ago but was kept at customs which I did not know. I got a letter from the post telling me to fetch it from customs but the letter arrived last saturday wedged between tons of promotion mail and as I was so busy with rehearsals that day I just put it all on the table without another glance at it. I only discovered it yesterday, just in time.

So I went to the customs office today to get it. The lady there brought it out and the conversation went a bit like this:

Her: "Did you order something?"

Me: "No, I suspect that is a Christmas package for me"

Her: "Oh, so it's a private package, then?"

Me: "Yes"

Her: "So you know who sent it to you?"

Me: "Hmm, not really..."

Her: :inquisitive:

Me: "I will probably know when I open it and see who has signed the card..."

Her: :inquisitive::inquisitive:

Me: "Well, see there is this internet forum I am on and we have this thing called Secret Santa where we send each other gifts only it's all secret, you see, so I don't know the name but I probably know her/him from the forum, though maybe not their real name and I have sent my own package to Australia and it has already arrived..."

Her: :inquisitive::inquisitive::inquisitive:

Me: :uhoh:

Her: "Okay...so something like office Secret Santa, only via the internet and international?"

Me: "YES!" : )

Her: "Oh, I quite like that idea!"

Then she gave me a box cutter and I had to open it there (this struck me as very odd - handing out a sharp weapon to a complete stranger standing directly in front of you? Would never happen in the U.S.A. I bet). Opening it we could see a Santa hat and a pink New York Yankees cap with some wrapped things underneath, but the two hats obviously satisfied her and I did not have to unpack anything but just could take it home :)

So now to the pictures:

PC220027.jpg

This is what the customs lady saw when I opened the package:

PC220028.jpg

And here is the amazing content!:

PC220031.jpg

PC220038.jpg

A Charlie Brown Christmas Card, a star made out of shells (it arrived completely undamaged), a box of candy canes, a Christmas bag, a Santa hat with stars, a New York Yankees cap and - most stunning of all - the Ghost Stories CD Target Edition!

I am totally overwhelmed by this - thank you Christa!

So happy you received it in time. The Post office story is classic, "Um I do not really know who it is from, hahahaha" The Santa hat lights up, you just have to find a little button thingy on the side. A little bit of a New York/Coldplay Christmas to you! Enjoy and Happy Holidays Jalena!