✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Atlas vs Miracles

Mackplay

Atlas definitely. I have my gripes about that track because it feels rushed for the movie theaters, but there are moments in it that are so incredibly powerful. Plus the lyrics are really solid. Despite the cheesy chorus at the end, and "carry your world!" chant, Jonny's guitar is awesome and the whole atmosphere is haunting and beautiful. Both dark yet uplifting.

I am going to try to forget that Coldplay ever made Miracles tbh.

Having read Unbroken (the book) I think that Chris did a much better job on the lyrics of Atlas. Miracles lyrics are pretty vague whereas Atlas where very specific on the theme of the book.

Maybe they had a spare song and Angelina Jolie thought it clicked with the hopeful end of the movie.

Musically, I think Atlas is better also. Creates a very good mood for the movie. But I also like Miracles.

So, definitively Atlas although Miracles is a good track also!

Atlas is better. More atmospheric, more epic.

Funny that both songs take so much time to get good, they both take all the time of the songs length to build up to get really epic only in the last quarter of the song.

I'm like "YES OMFG THIS IS SO GO-oh, it's over already :|"

:shame:

But if Miracles is the direction that Coldplay wants to take, then so be it. I'm fine with it.

Hmmm yes, I think I agree. :nod:

The thing that bothers me though is why they inserted that really cheap sounding clapping sound into the song. If it even is supposed to be clapping... snapping or whatever, I reallyreallyREALLY don't like it.

Either they record themselves clapping to make it sound nice and organic, or they leave it the frick out of a song! *shudders and tries to ignore it*

I guess I'm the first one who prefers Miracles -- by far.

Atlas has some good bits, don't get me wrong. The lyrics are a little better, it seems a bit more 'classic Coldplay' if you will, and does a good job of building up, but that's it for me. It's an incredibly average song by Coldplay's standards. Every time I have Coldplay on shuffle, I will skip Atlas the second I hear the piano start.

Miracles just seems so full of life and happiness. I get both songs have two different ideas behind them, but something about Miracles just excites me to listen to. It makes me ecstatic for what's to come. Atlas couldn't do that for me. In fact, it scared me for how LP6 would sound. This one, however, makes me so excited for LP7. They seemed to have regained something gone since the Viva days, which is emotional contact on a layered level.

The thing that bothers me though is why they inserted that really cheap sounding clapping sound into the song. If it even is supposed to be clapping... snapping or whatever, I reallyreallyREALLY don't like it.

Either they record themselves clapping to make it sound nice and organic, or they leave it the frick out of a song! *shudders and tries to ignore it*

That's the only thing that bothers me about Miracles at this point. They made clapping in Strawberry Swing sound so sexy and amazing. Here, it just sounds off putting. Luckily, it seems to get covered up quickly and I forget it's there after the opening.

I think I prefer Miracles because it feels more..finished? to me than Atlas. I love Atlas, i think it does something quite original and rather beautiful, but Miracles really gives us the whole Coldplay package imo. I think that Miracles highlights each member's contribution better than Atlas does.

Hard decision for me.

Go to 2:45 mins into Atlas

2:30 in miracles.

Which is better ? Hard told decide lol. I really like the guitar in miracles at the end yet I also like it in Atlas so I'm not sure. I'll probably go with miracles it feels more epic and has a more satisfying ending than Atlas.

After like listening to the song for the umpteenth time .. I realizef that the clapping kind of separates the verse and the chorus....

( I mean the after chorus music ) there they put on the drums too.. gives it an epic feel

There are already so many sounds in the verse that without the clapping and the drum pad, differentiation would be tough

Oo, my vote put Miracles ahead! It's a very close one as they are both really strong stand alone singles. Love the vibe on both, being dark / uplifting retrospectively but the factor that makes the difference for me are the lyrics Miracles. "Now i'm floating so high, I blossom and die" and "sometimes in your eyes, I see the beauty in the world". Those lyrics are right up there for me as some of their best!