✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Strokes

mburn

strokes.jpg

according to a news headline on their official website, the Strokes are back in studio! the caption states that the album should be released "EARLY NEXT YEAR" and promises updates. I was hoping for a November release but I wouldn't mind all that much to wait a couple of extra months (especially with Jules' forthcoming solo album and tour to look forward to)

they "officially" began working on the album on March 27th, after initially meeting on February 11th to brainstorm.

yeah.... well at least Jules solo album is coming out this fall so we can look forward to that for a bit and then come Jan. or Feb. of next year THE STROKES BE BACK :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

OK but seriously im expecting some press conferences or some sightings/ interviews of Jules to be coming up here pretty soon since his album is coming right up :whip:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ no not late next year. He said they are basically done and record companies dont like to release albums around Christmas so they are still aiming for next March.

So Ill be content hearing Jules new album for a while this fall and then the Strokes will almost have their album out, early next year.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

^ that's cool and all. But since 2001, I've watched the strokes become less and less relevant. They may have no desire to be the biggest band in the world, but they at least need to be producing good music.

I had a brief conversation with Nick about this issue. I asked him why "you only live once" was not the first single off "first impressions...". He said, "because our label is stupid." That was clearly the most marketable song off the last album, but it wasn't released as a single until the album was dead.

This tells me that they have an interest in maintaining some degree of popularity. Julian has also said it's important to him to avoid writing songs that are only appealing to a small minority. Well, if that's the case, they are going about it the wrong way. Since "this is it," each album has performed more poorly than than the last.

^ no doubt. I am not saying they should strive for top 40 popularity, but what good is it to make records that very few people care about? That's been the path they have been on. And instead of addressing the situation, they make a bunch of solo albums. That's their choice, I guess. I like the strokes, but they are hardly relevant any longer.

• 3 months later...