✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Strokes

mburn

the strokes did a big fest here about a week ago and i heard that they were regularly telling everyone to look after each other.

i had a similar experience in my attempt to get close to Muse at a festival down here. it was 40 degrees that day so the arseholes ran out of energy pretty quickly so things calmed down after a bit. i wore a white shirt that day, even after about 7 washes it still has a murky grey colour on it from all the sweaty bodies it rubbed against that day lol. i've put that shirt aside forever.

They were, I was on the barrier and off to the side a bit so I managed to avoid the worst of the moshing but Julian kept telling everyone to look after each other; he seemed really concerned for the audience!

And yes, He's basically the essence of "f*cking awesome!!" on stage :P

He was gorgeous :blush:

Funny that you said that about BDO, I also wore a white shirt to BDO and it never recovered :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

have you listened to Is This It? easily one of the best albums i have ever heard. julians vocals are very unique and powerful. the guitar work is solid and gritty throughout and the riffs are seriously infectious. it's a great rock n roll record that never gets old. as for their 2nd and 3rd records, they were nothing ground breaking but still worth a listen.

why are they so special? i wasnt much of a music fan back when they released their debut but i think they offered something new and fresh to a music scene saturated with pop punk and annoying-as-hell-turn-of-the-millennium electro. and they seem pretty incredible live too.

Can someone tell me what's so great about The Strokes?

i'm not trolling or anything, I actually want to know :P

I can tell you why I love them, but I don't feel there's a general consensus that they are "great".

Personally I love them because I find Julian's voice appealing to listen to, I find the music both catchy and moving, and I find the lyrics easily applicable to my life. There's no one special or technical reason, and I don't feel that everyone should love them or even like them. I don't think anyone on this thread feels that way.

have you listened to Is This It? easily one of the best albums i have ever heard. julians vocals are very unique and powerful. the guitar work is solid and gritty throughout and the riffs are seriously infectious. it's a great rock n roll record that never gets old. as for their 2nd and 3rd records, they were nothing ground breaking but still worth a listen.

why are they so special? i wasnt much of a music fan back when they released their debut but i think they offered something new and fresh to a music scene saturated with pop punk and annoying-as-hell-turn-of-the-millennium electro. and they seem pretty incredible live too.

Yeah, I've heard Is This It. I just didn't see what was so good about it. I couldn't understand why Pitchfork loved it so much!

I can tell you why I love them, but I don't feel there's a general consensus that they are "great".

Personally I love them because I find Julian's voice appealing to listen to, I find the music both catchy and moving, and I find the lyrics easily applicable to my life. There's no one special or technical reason, and I don't feel that everyone should love them or even like them. I don't think anyone on this thread feels that way.

hmmm

I think I need to listen to them a bit more. It seems that my music taste has changed so much that I can't appreciate a normal rock album. There has to be something really special in it for it to appeal to me.

Yeah, I've heard Is This It. I just didn't see what was so good about it. I couldn't understand why Pitchfork loved it so much!

hmmm

I think I need to listen to them a bit more. It seems that my music taste has changed so much that I can't appreciate a normal rock album. There has to be something really special in it for it to appeal to me.

The funny thing is, I think The Strokes are the only "normal rock" I listen to.

would you call yourself a "rock fan"? i would say their brand of music can be a little difficult to enjoy if you dont generally like rock.