✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Strokes

mburn

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmqFBr8F4hs&feature=related]YouTube - The Strokes @ IOW Festival Reptilia (June 12 2010).avi[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sIgy0y-L6A&feature=fvw]YouTube - The Strokes @ IOW Festival The Modern Age (June 12 2010).avi[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR8vOtJkuWM&feature=related]YouTube - The Strokes @ IOW Festival New York City Cops (June 12 2010).avi[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyvywfbYcaA&feature=related]YouTube - The Strokes @ IOW Festival Take It Or Leave It (June 12 2010).avi[/ame]

:bigcry: :dance: :bomb:

I like thought I was going to faint when it was confirmed, and I was on a train so I couldn't squee much or anything. And it only makes it more awesome that it was Janie that got the response :cheesy:.

For so long I really was getting convinced they'd just kind of unofficially break up by fading out of existence, so it's a huge understatement to say that I'm beyond thrilled for this. The Strokes were the first band, the first music I ever liked, and besides the fact that I'm batshit for the music just like I am for Coldplay and a few other bands, they as people hold a special place in my heart as well :wacky:.

:bigcry: :dance: :bomb:

I like thought I was going to faint when it was confirmed, and I was on a train so I couldn't squee much or anything. And it only makes it more awesome that it was Janie that got the response :cheesy:.

For so long I really was getting convinced they'd just kind of unofficially break up by fading out of existence, so it's a huge understatement to say that I'm beyond thrilled for this. The Strokes were the first band, the first music I ever liked, and besides the fact that I'm batshit for the music just like I am for Coldplay and a few other bands, they as people hold a special place in my heart as well :wacky:.

^this, basically :wacky:

Exiting!

Feels not too long ago back in 6th grade when Is This It came out and getting my ASS cd cover confiscated at Lutheran school lol.

I hope it's good, really. Fuck knows they're all still amazingly talented, they still of course have that on stage dynamic seeing them live this summer. But I hated Jules solo album ugh so I hope it's not like that.

Exiting!

Feels not too long ago back in 6th grade when Is This It came out and getting my ASS cd cover confiscated at Lutheran school lol.

I hope it's good, really. Fuck knows they're all still amazingly talented, they still of course have that on stage dynamic seeing them live this summer. But I hated Jules solo album ugh so I hope it's not like that.

^Hahaha wow :lol:

I actually loved his solo album. I guess it's because I have a real soft spot for synthy sounds? :P

I was initially really turned off by Julian's solo album, I don't really know why. I guess maybe because it wasn't what I expected, so after a couple of listens and liking two songs on it, I kind of put it aside. But my mom talked sense into me and told me to try it again like six months later, and I just fell in absolute love (OK, well besides "Ludlow Street," and I don't see the big deal over the B-side "Long Island Blues," but besides those, I think it's absolute gold).

Even though I've always loved what they've come out with when Julian was the songwriter and "first among equals," I really can't wait to see what they produce when working a bit more collaboratively, especially when all of their solo efforts were pretty great :dance:.

I am excited about the new Strokes album, but I can't help but get disappointed when I think about them. It just seems like they've lost so much steam over the years when they started out with so much potential. I really hope this next album is great.