✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Battle of the Coldplay Eras! (elimination game)

42Escapist

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round 3's results are in:

Mylo Xyloto 6

Parachutes 2

Mylo Xyloto has flown away and gone up with the birds. For those who enjoy MX, don't let it break your heart and smash it into smithereens.

The remaining eras to choose from are:

Parachutes

A Rush of Blood to the Head

X&Y

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends

Round 4 begins now! My vote is for Parachutes. The album was a solid debut that showed the world what Coldplay are all about, but for me the b-sides and live performances were simply not as good as those of the next three eras. The band was still very shy and hadn't yet become truly great (that would happen shortly after).

Okay, here are the results of round 4. I gave the round extra time just to see if any more votes would trickle in...

Parachutes 5

Viva 1

By a long margin, Parachutes is out. Everything IS lost for it now!

Just three eras remain:

AROBTTH :arobtth:

X&Y :x&y:

Viva :viva:

Round 5 begins now. This is the final round of votes before the epic final showdown! My vote is for X&Y. The album and b-sides are stellar, but the tour got no live album or DVD. There was going to be a DVD (possibly from the shows in Toronto) but it was mysteriously cancelled, leaving us Coldplayers to resort to YouTube, bootlegs, and a couple of b-sides to enjoy the Twisted Logic Tour.

Definitely voting for the Viva Era. The AROBTTH and X&Y Eras are absolutely amzing. Coldplay at its peak. They would never be that deep and emotional again. It is the time were Coldplay became big, but not yet too big. Everything was perfect back then - the songs, the atmospheres, hell even Chris Martin's looks were the best during the X&Y Era (not that it matters, just saying it to convince you) !

Round 5 is now over. The results are as follows:

Viva 5

AROBTTH 2

X&Y 1

The Viva era was a big fish in a little pond, but along came two bigger ones:

AROBTTH :arobtth: and its challenger X&Y :x&y:!

My vote is for X&Y again. AROBTTH had so many strong b-sides and unreleased tracks that were good enough to be on the album. The tour was brilliant; simply watch Live 2003 to see why. If only I could've seen that incredible tour...

Round 6 starts now! Who will survive the final elimination and be declared the greatest era of Coldplay's career?

Great, those are the two finalists I wanted to see ! They absolutely deserve it.

I vote for the AROBTTH Era to be eliminated because in my opinion, the X&Y Era is the best Era of all ! Here's why:

THE ALBUM - the highest density of awesome songs. Coldplay at its peak. Packed with a range of emotions that all touch you in one way or another

THE LYRICS - conjures up strong emotions while staying deliberatley vague so everyone can relate to it and find comfort during difficult times

THE MELODIES - really every song has a powerful and unique melody

THE CONCERTS AND APPEARANCES: Glastonbury 2005. Need I say more ? Probably the best concert in Coldplay history ! Another thing, not important, but I couldn't help noticing that Chris has the best style of all Eras. Haircut neither too short nor too long, equality sign and tapes on the hand, dark jacket - perfect !Also, the band were big, but not too big. Good balance between intimate songs and stadium anthems.The Twisted Logic tour with its disposable cameras and Chris talking to someone's cell phone during Talk must have been awesome judging from the footage.

X&Y deserves to be the No.1 Coldplay Era ! :x&y:

Great, those are the two finalists I wanted to see ! They absolutely deserve it.

I vote for the AROBTTH Era to be eliminated because in my opinion, the X&Y Era is the best Era of all ! Here's why:

THE ALBUM - the highest density of awesome songs. Coldplay at its peak. Packed with a range of emotions that all touch you in one way or another

THE LYRICS - conjures up strong emotions while staying deliberatley vague so everyone can relate to it and find comfort during difficult times

THE MELODIES - really every song has a powerful and unique melody

THE CONCERTS AND APPEARANCES: Glastonbury 2005. Need I say more ? Probably the best concert in Coldplay history ! Another thing, not important, but I couldn't help noticing that Chris has the best style of all Eras. Haircut neither too short nor too long, equality sign and tapes on the hand, dark jacket - perfect !Also, the band were big, but not too big. Good balance between intimate songs and stadium anthems.The Twisted Logic tour with its disposable cameras and Chris talking to someone's cell phone during Talk must have been awesome judging from the footage.

X&Y deserves to be the No.1 Coldplay Era ! :x&y:

I vote for the AROBTTH era to be eliminated....

X&Y was amazing in terms of the lyrics and the backing instrumentals

I agree with I ran away that it was a great time because the band was big but not too big. It was a great end to the "trilogy," as the band calls it, of the first three albums.