✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

A few days ago, I went outside at about 2pm and the weather was just so perfect and everything felt amazing. So I played Amazing Day through my earphones. It was AMAZING. It's hard to describe, but I hadn't felt that kind of pure happiness in a long time.

• Like 5

^ That's what I've felt with this song!!! When I first heard it during GCF, it felt flat and underwhelming, but after persisting with it for awhile and then eventually having it seep into my psyche, I can honestly say that this song brings out such beautiful sentiment and emotion... There's a very deep-seated calmness and sense of gratitude in there that feels more profound than any of their previous songs. Hearing it, and singing along to it brings out a deep joy that feels a bit like the 'Everglow' that Chris sings about in that song

• Like 2

I think it felt underwhelming because it was played after ASFOS. It was such a change of mood when we didn't know the song and we didn't know how to react. Now, after listening to it with the album and as a separated track it feels differently. I love this song. It brings me so much happiness, hope and peace. it's definitely one of my favorites from the album along with everglow :)

• Like 2

It's hard to describe, but I hadn't felt that kind of pure happiness in a long time.

Those moments are the best, those you cant describe but that we intuitively know exactly what they are :) This song has such a feeling of resting in one´s self, truly the feeling of reaching the goal of a very long journey and finally being able to breathe out and enjoy the amazing feeling! :)

its so happy and joyful but in a very peaceful restful way :)

• Like 3

I was listening to the album version and I heard a strange "noise" at about 1:00.

The best way I can describe it is as a sound from ...

2j26s21.png

a squeeze horn :) (had to google this one to find an English translation).

I couldn't find it elsewhere in the song.

So weird.

Guest diogo_sg
I was listening to the album version and I heard a strange "noise" at about 1:00.

2j26s21.png

So weird.

Haha! What song, though?

2j26s21.png

So weird.

I hear what you mean....I think it's just more guitar noises like the first 15 seconds of the song

Well I know Jonny can produce a lot of sounds on his guitar but this one beats it. :D

It was the first time I was listening to the album version with earphones in ( I prefer the live version).

Now I'm really focussed on that noise. Even heard it when playing it on the cd player in my car.

• Like 1

2j26s21.png

So weird.

I can definetely hear what you mean. At first I was like "I never heard anything at 1:00!" But I think you specifically meant more around 1:02. The sound happens right after the guitar came in, at 1:01. Then, at 1:02, you can hear that squeeze horn noise... that's certainly weird, since I don't hear it anywhere else around the song either. This noise is different from the effects on the guitar in the intro of the song, they sound squaky and get more rich as the intro progresses, however this is a different noise completely for sure. It kind of has the same feel to it, the squaky and non-rich feeling, however if you take a close listen to them both they sound quite different to what they actually are, at least to my ears anyway :) Since the first one is a guitar clearly with effects, and the second one as you said sounds more like a squeeze horn. My best guess as to what this is is that it's not actually a real squeeze horn; it's just more effects on the guitar. These effects are done slightly differnetly from the effects on the guitar at the beginning, however it's still an effect on the guitar and it makes it sound like something differeent. Not completely different, as it still sounds like guitar a little bit. It possibly could be the exact same effect on the guitar, just applied on a higher note, and is buried under all of the other layers. But that's just my thinking, you could have your own opinion, and it possibly can be something completely different from what we all think it may have been. Or it may be the same effect used in the intro, but just on a high note, we don't know for sure. We're just guessing, and using what we know to try to figure out what it actually is. :)

I think I'll settle on the "same effect, higher note" theory. As I've said before it has the same squeaky, non-rich, cleaning feel to is as the opening guitar intro did, however this sounds a lot more like a squeeze horn which would produce a higher note than the ones played in the beginning. So that's what I think it is. The same effect, applied on a really high note on the guitar, to make it sound sort of like that. :)

I don't play the guitar so I don't have a clue.

I was just describing that sound that I was hearing and it is indeed just after 1:00".

LOL, now I can't get that silly picture out of my head of Jonny playing guitar and Chris pressing that squeeze horn :D

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
LOL, now I can't get that silly picture out of my head of Jonny playing guitar and Chris pressing that squeeze horn :D

Lmao [emoji23]

I think that is a guitar effect.... You can get a similar effect pulling a bow across violin / other string instruments... I discovered that it makes for a very effective airplane landing sound :D Done in a more controlled manner and a bit more know-how, I think that will give you that "squeeze horn" effect - Probably with a metal side or something like that

• Like 3

2j26s21.png

So weird.

It sounds like an echo of the guitar but with a strange small horn effect *lol*