✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

Still can't get over the praise this song is getting. People going as far as to call it a "masterpiece"

If you think Amazing Day is a masterpiece (:laugh3:) I'd suggest you'd go listen to Parachutes, you might then learn the definition of a masterpiece.

If this is the only bland song on the album I'll be very happy.

some people act like their the only one who have been listens to Parachutes

boy i listen to Parachutes album since 2002 .. so believe me , i know :D

I noticed that there were more clear and loud strings during the TFI performance than for Global Citizen. I think that this is the backing track we'll hear on the studio version with a lot of strings. I like it

Envoyé de mon GT-I9100 en utilisant Tapatalk

Still can't get over the praise this song is getting. People going as far as to call it a "masterpiece"

Think its just fans being overzealous and perhaps not choosing the right words (no offence). I mean, I personally reserve the word for 'Live Forever' or 'Imagine'. While this song is good (IMO), I wouldnt dare call it a masterpiece. Not even amongst Coldplay's greatest hits would I say that.

Think its just fans being overzealous and perhaps not choosing the right words (no offence). I mean, I personally reserve the word for 'Live Forever' or 'Imagine'. While this song is good (IMO), I wouldnt dare call it a masterpiece. Not even amongst Coldplay's greatest hits would I say that.

My thoughts exactly.

Look forward to the studio version of AD, Jonny's guitar is quite prominent at those moments~ At the end of Global Citizen performance, didn't Chris open *wings*(arms) and make a praying/thank you hand gesture, then kneel down to kiss the ground? Really like a spiritual bird landing on ~

Look forward to the studio version of AD, Jonny's guitar is quite prominent at those moments~ At the end of Global Citizen performance, didn't Chris open *wings*(arms) and make a praying/thank you hand gesture, then kneel down to kiss the ground? Really like a spiritual bird landing on ~

Another bird metaphor? :thinking: Last year, I noticed Chris would often do that wing spreading gesture while singing True Love.

As long as the studio version is true to the most recent live version, I think I'll be satisfied. Amazing Day and Everglow are the two ballads on the album so I'm glad the whole tracklisting isn't just a bunch of upbeat songs with no "slow down and relax" moments.

This actually worries me... What if there are no acoustic songs on this album?? :( Every CP album has had at least one stripped-back song, just Chris on piano or guitar (and maybe a few other instruments).

Pete, you have NO reason to be anything but amazed by your own voice! I swore I was listening to Chris. Can I contact you privately by email or FB? I am developing a free online training program on communicating with those who have Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia. I'd like your permission to include an excerpt of this towards the end. I can explain more.

Absolutely. You can reach us through this link! Thank you!

http://www.theracermusic.com/connect/

I noticed that there were more clear and loud strings during the TFI performance than for Global Citizen. I think that this is the backing track we'll hear on the studio version with a lot of strings. I like it

Envoyé de mon GT-I9100 en utilisant Tapatalk

That's one of the things I felt was missing in GC. The strings didn't have enough emphasis to them. It's good that they realized this and fixed it for TFI... it sounds much better as a result.

Another bird metaphor? :thinking: Last year, I noticed Chris would often do that wing spreading gesture while singing True Love.

The bird gesture (maybe in some ancient/traditional folklore, birds do have links with spirits), kind of soft/elegant, comparing to his usual upbeating energies...I guess, when sth. big happend in your life, it could invite changes in different levels, and your body could be one of its outward manifestation - sth. makes you more soft/tender/intro-retrospective, and become more compassionate towards yourself and others too... Really love Guest House (met Rumi's stuff in buddhism before...) is being recited in music (me think) - isn't a good form "abandoned" by most artists nowadays, but existing in poetry circle I think.

Is that because of "balloon body can't do curves" reason? - half kidding, I think it is kind of dancing though...it seems more songs in recent years' release have a dancing tempo in it, different types too. Relaxing, indeed~ "Put off your ego's demands, weights of all the worries, your soul, indeed, is quite light, enough to fly..." The more I listen to AD, the more I love ~ sometimes, just prefer ballad~

May the victims of Paris Attack rest in peace, and may light and support be the sides of the families and the broken hearts~ May there be more peace and light on earth, may all free of cycles of hatred and revenge, forgiveness, Imagine & Namo Amitabha~

" The fruit of Silence is prayer. The fruit of Prayer is faith. The fruit of Faith is love. The fruit of Love is service. The fruit of Service is peace." -Mother Teresa

"Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;

Where there is injury, pardon;

Where there is doubt, faith;

Where there is despair, hope;

Where there is darkness, light;

Where there is sadness, joy.

O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek

To be consoled as to console,

To be understood as to understand,

To be loved as to love;

For it is in giving that we receive;

It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;

It is in dying to self that we are born to eternal life."

- Prayer of Saint Francis

Congrats ! Still so many to go till you come anywhere near the king of double posts though (our dear friend 42Escapist) :P

And yes, the TFI version of Amazing Day was lightyears better than the one at Global Citizen - the song is still on the bland side of things for me, but I definitely prefer this version and to be honest, after AOAL (which I dislike) came out I've been wondering whether Amazing Day will be one of the better songs on AHFOD. It mayhave grown just a tiny, tiny little bit on me. Let's see what the studio version sounds like.

I've "still got such a long wayyyy to gooooooo" :D :D :D

I finally find the time to put in a lyrics from Coldplay song into some situation:D

I love this song! So Coldplay & Jonny just has a gift for riffs that's Mozart-esque. It kind of reminds me of Miracles, perhaps thanks to Stargate's production. I can't wait for this album, As i've said in the past - coldplay writes songs now that may not necessarily be immediate for all, but as you listen several times, your brain starts to pick up on the nuances and brilliance even in their simplicity. A Coldplay Effect a la The Mozart Effect. Regardles, I'm happy that the guys are in a good space, and creating music they want to create because at the end of the day that is art & to be embraced by millions if not at least a billion people in the world is the highest form of respect for their art. In Coldplay & PH we trust, Viva La Coldplay!!

question: why doesn't Chris play piano live during amazing day? I thought the only reason why he didn't do it at the GC festival was because the piano was broken and the backing track they used was piano heavy.

same with jonny, i've heard a major difference between the guitar in the opening riff and then after the drums kick in.