✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

For me, GS and X&Y sound completely different in every respect, but that may just be my perception. Maybe it is the electric drumbeat for example on All Your Friends.

About Fly On, I agree that it's a good song. The vocals could be a bit better imho but I like the intonation of "And I aaaaaaaaalways..". I dunno, sometimes I can't even explain why I like one song more than another, so even though Fly On is very good, I didn't build this emotional connection to it that I have with songsl like What If, Gravity or Fix You.

But then also, I often listen to entire albums and a reason could be that I very, very rarely listen to GS, as opposed to X&Y which I listen to all the time. For that reason Fly On is less familiar to me from hearing than many other Coldplay songs.

I don't listen to GS a lot but I think that GS and X&Y sound similar a bit... GS is kind of low-tone ish and dark and so is X&Y a little bit (although it is brighter). X&Y's calm side really resembles GS... although one is mostly synthpop, the other is alternative.

I personally really enjoy Fly On. I think that really is a very Oldplay-ish track with a bit of GS calm's twist on it... it's a very enjoyable track. I have quite an emotional connection to the song, but I think it is deeper as you said with songs like Fix You, Gravity, or What If. Fly On is kind of those type -kind of tracks (especially Gravity). Those kind of Oldplay-tracks are very similar to what Fly On has to offer IMO.... one thing though. Fly On is kind of short :(

I listen to GS a bit but not a lot... usually I do it at night which is the perfect time to listen to it IMO... I listen to X&Y quite a bit as well, I very well enjoy the album. :) I can understand that you don't really listen to Fly On as much... some of the time I kind of listen to Coldplay songs and shuffle thme while other times i just go right ahead and listen to an album I think is appropriate to the situation I am in.:D

BTW, speaking of albums that are good to listen to at night, I certainly think that Parachutes is one of those albums that are better to listen to during night than in the day. But truly that album is best listened to at dusk... :)

Yeah, Parachutes is the ideal dusk album !

As I said, it may be due to my hardly ever listening to GS (though if I do, it is usually in the middle of the night...)

X&Y is an album that I can't attribute to a particular time in the day but rather to a particular feeling/mood. Usually when I'm down (and I often am :() it's a good choice.

As I said, it may be due to my hardly ever listening to GS (though if I do, it is usually in the middle of the night...)

X&Y is an album that I can't attribute to a particular time in the day but rather to a particular feeling/mood. Usually when I'm down (and I often am :() it's a good choice.

X&Y is universal in its language.

All Your Friends is a great song and I actually prefer it to Ghost Story

Amazing Day doesn't have the "Miracle Effect" (a.k.a can't remember anything about the song) on me because of the Always In My Head-ish melody and the "Oooooh" wich still are the only part I clearly remember of the song after ten listens apart from the very first words. Guess I can't just get into it, even if I'm trying to

Let's revive this thread..

Hmm, this thread has been dead for two days. It's time to breathe some life back into it, why not?:D

I ran away, your 2 quote's are in red.

ColdplayingfromKansas, your quote's in blue.

Kidd is Alive, your quote's in gold.

Interesting to know I'm not the only one then...

Well guess what, you and @ColdplayingFromKansas aren't the only ones either:P

I agree on Parachutes. :D It has such a warm atmosphere... and IMO it's the perfect album for listening at a few minutes after the sun sets.

I don't listen to GS a lot either, but I never listen to it in the daytime because it's not that type of album. I usually listen to it in the middle of the night... :)

As for X&Y, I attribute it to the late morning hours (9,10,11) and noon, when it's just a grey sky and raining, and when you're in a lower mood. That's the perfect time to listen to X&Y in my opinion... unfortunately those types of rainy day times are ending becaause in my part of the world winter is coming. :(

Also, you say you're usually in a low mood? :( That's not good... hopefully things get better for you!

Same for me :surprised:

Like, I recognize that AYF is a good song, but I never can get into it for some reason. I do like Jonny's ending guitar bit though

I share the same thoughts as you... I do feel like AYF is a great song, and I really like the intro and Jonny's ending but I just really can't get to love the actual song. I like it, but I just can't seem to love it. I just can't get into it for whatever reason... weird :surprised:

Amazing Day doesn't have the "Miracle Effect" (a.k.a can't remember anything about the song) on me because of the Always In My Head-ish melody and the "Oooooh" wich still are the only part I clearly remember of the song after ten listens apart from the very first words. Guess I can't just get into it' date=' even if I'm trying to[/quote']

Same here. I very much enjoy the song but it seems a bit... not rememberable. A lot of Coldplay songs have a recognizable melody to them and a rhythm that seems very memorable... but I just can't achieve that with Amazing Day, probably because it just isn't Coldplay's most original song.

Not to say I don't like it, because I absolutely love the song. But it is a bit cheesy and "Amazing Day" how he says that is just... :facepalm: LOL

The most memorable part of the song is the "ohhh ohhh oh ohh" part... I agree, that's the high point of the song and it's very memorable and cheerful IMO and is my personal favorite part of the song. :)

Hello coldplaying community! I have been checking this forum out for years and finally joined!

I wanted to be able to share that Amazing Day really inspired me and my band so we decided to cover it and help out a friend of ours in the process.

It's dedicated to our close friend Kevin's son, Ryan Grace, who has been diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis. Kevin has been a great friend to us throughout the years and has been a huge supporter of the band since day one, so we wanted to return the favor and help him and his family the best we knew how, through music. Check it out if you get a chance. I'm really not trying to spam but hopefully raise awareness to help out a great cause and just share my inspiration/enthusiasm. Can't wait for the new LP!

• Like 1

Hello coldplaying community! I have been checking this forum out for years and finally joined!

I wanted to be able to share that Amazing Day really inspired me and my band so we decided to cover it and help out a friend of ours in the process.

It's dedicated to our close friend Kevin's son, Ryan Grace, who has been diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis. Kevin has been a great friend to us throughout the years and has been a huge supporter of the band since day one, so we wanted to return the favor and help him and his family the best we knew how, through music. Check it out if you get a chance. I'm really not trying to spam but hopefully raise awareness to help out a great cause and just share my inspiration/enthusiasm. Can't wait for the new LP!

Welcome to Coldplaying! GREAT cover! Loving it!

Much appreciated!

Yeah when we discussed how we would want to cover it, my guitar player and I both immediately agreed that we heard the melancholy inside this uplifting song. I almost felt a "What a Wonderful World," type of vibe. That's what I love about this band. Their ability to pull at your heart and at the same time give you hope.

Thank you for checking out our take on the track!

Wow gorgeous! Very very pure & honest emotion. Beautiful way of showing your support too.

Would love to buy this if possible.

Wish this could inspire Coldplay to record the song in a more raw way.

Okay so

I almost didn't click your link since most of the posts that people post here claiming to have covered a Coldplay song are generally... not so nice to listen to.

and oh MY GOD I'm so glad I clicked your video and listened to it. IT'S SO FUCKING PERFECT. It's everything right that Coldplay did wrong with it hAHAH :cheesy:

I love the sombre tone, the calm singing (and not having Chris Martin straining his voice over every chord) and the simple but brilliant piano playing over it. Who's the singer though? Is it you? If so, just let me say your voice fits perfectly to the style of song you created here. I really REALLY like it.

Your take on the song is at least 5 times better than the original song. You took away the corniness, the annoying "ooOOOOoooh" at the end, and just the overly dramatic vibe the original song had, and turned it into a proper "Oldplay" song (back when they created beautiful hauntingly simple structured songs with a little bit of piano/sining/guitar).

I'm totally gonna replace Coldplay's song with yours now!

The video is great as well, I love all the autumn footage and the paper plane in the end. Not to mention the great cause behind the video.

Ah, this cover makes me immensely happy *hits replay button for the 12th time*

Wow that was very kind of you to say.

To answer your questions, I am the singer. If I'm being honest, I did not feel super confident going into this haha because Chris's voice is so unique and one of my favorites. So your words are reassuring! Thank you!

We actually want to put it up for sale and give all if the proceeds to Ryan's cause but I don't believe we can yet because the song hasn't actually been released. I'm looking into it though and I will keep you posted for sure.

Again thank you for checking this out! Its makes me really happy to know people are enjoying it.

I didn't listen to it until Batman's post, and my god she is so right ! And it reminded me of Gravity, too. You truly gave it an Oldplay vibe and your singing is very goof. Your version is better than Coldplay's and I must say this is the first time ever that I say that about a Coldplay song ! You should send it to them :)

I didn't listen to it until Batman's post, and my god she is so right ! And it reminded me of Gravity, too. You truly gave it an Oldplay vibe and your singing is very goof. Your version is better than Coldplay's and I must say this is the first time ever that I say that about a Coldplay song ! You should send it to them :)

Hell yeah! Thank you, that means a lot! Now who has Chris's cell #? Come on, hook it up! :D