✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

Hello coldplaying community! I have been checking this forum out for years and finally joined!

I wanted to be able to share that Amazing Day really inspired me and my band so we decided to cover it and help out a friend of ours in the process.

It's dedicated to our close friend Kevin's son, Ryan Grace, who has been diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis. Kevin has been a great friend to us throughout the years and has been a huge supporter of the band since day one, so we wanted to return the favor and help him and his family the best we knew how, through music. Check it out if you get a chance. I'm really not trying to spam but hopefully raise awareness to help out a great cause and just share my inspiration/enthusiasm. Can't wait for the new LP!

This is better than Coldplay's version.

The TFI Friday version brought tears to my eyes, the piano is so much clearer, the voice is so on point, the guitar and bass blend perfectly and the sound of the drum improved from Global Citizen, I can't wait to have the studio version as long as it sounds anything like the this!

The TFI Friday version brought tears to my eyes, the piano is so much clearer, the voice is so on point, the guitar and bass blend perfectly and the sound of the drum improved from Global Citizen, I can't wait to have the studio version as long as it sounds anything like the this!

Same here, I almost felt like I was listening to The Scientist. :) There's a similar sweet piano sound and a beautiful, peaceful rhythm section from Guy and Will. Now I almost wish Amazing Day could've been made the first single; I want a studio version now! :)

Hello coldplaying community! I have been checking this forum out for years and finally joined!

I wanted to be able to share that Amazing Day really inspired me and my band so we decided to cover it and help out a friend of ours in the process.

It's dedicated to our close friend Kevin's son, Ryan Grace, who has been diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis. Kevin has been a great friend to us throughout the years and has been a huge supporter of the band since day one, so we wanted to return the favor and help him and his family the best we knew how, through music. Check it out if you get a chance. I'm really not trying to spam but hopefully raise awareness to help out a great cause and just share my inspiration/enthusiasm. Can't wait for the new LP!

Wow, this is awesome. I don't post much on here either but this moved me to reply! Your version sounds better than Coldplay's version. Wow. It reminds me of the "old" Coldplay. Simple, raw, beautiful... not corny, or taking it too far trying to be something it is not. You brought out all the great parts buried deep in the song somewhere and subtracted the unnecessary. Any chance they can get you to work on their next album!? haha. Or at least clean up of their newer stuff for upcoming live performances.... :) Awesome job.

Okay so

I almost didn't click your link since most of the posts that people post here claiming to have covered a Coldplay song are generally... not so nice to listen to.

and oh MY GOD I'm so glad I clicked your video and listened to it. IT'S SO FUCKING PERFECT. It's everything right that Coldplay did wrong with it hAHAH :cheesy:

I love the sombre tone, the calm singing (and not having Chris Martin straining his voice over every chord) and the simple but brilliant piano playing over it. Who's the singer though? Is it you? If so, just let me say your voice fits perfectly to the style of song you created here. I really REALLY like it.

Your take on the song is at least 5 times better than the original song. You took away the corniness, the annoying "ooOOOOoooh" at the end, and just the overly dramatic vibe the original song had, and turned it into a proper "Oldplay" song (back when they created beautiful hauntingly simple structured songs with a little bit of piano/sining/guitar).

I'm totally gonna replace Coldplay's song with yours now!

The video is great as well, I love all the autumn footage and the paper plane in the end. Not to mention the great cause behind the video.

Ah, this cover makes me immensely happy *hits replay button for the 12th time*

Oh this post sums up what I wanted to say, better than I was able to say it! Thank you. Also, I did not know "Oldplay" was a phrase but I will definitely need to start using that now....

Once again, thank you very much for the kind words everyone! My band will be releasing our new album in 2016 so maybe we can jump on as an opening act! Shouldn't be too hard [emoji6]. Can you tell me where I can watch the video of the tfi performance of amazing day?

Video is still being searched for. We've only found audio up 'till now.

I don't know about anybody else, but i am liking amazing day alot.

And i am vvv sure that the studio version is gonna be 10x better.

I love the song.

And can we have a moment and appreciate the way Chris sings the 'chaos and times' part (especially in the global citizen performance) .... *amazing*

The TFI version is just....erhmagerd. Brought tears to my eyes. Starts out like a semi-soft ballad kind of thing, and ends with the big power ballad-y sound that I love.

Let's just have a moment and appreciate the goodness that is Amazing Day. I'm gonna propose that Amazing Day be our 8th grade promotion dance theme. Or at least the DJ plays it for all the couples.

Wow, this is awesome. I don't post much on here either but this moved me to reply! Your version sounds better than Coldplay's version. Wow. It reminds me of the "old" Coldplay. Simple, raw, beautiful... not corny, or taking it too far trying to be something it is not. You brought out all the great parts buried deep in the song somewhere and subtracted the unnecessary. Any chance they can get you to work on their next album!? haha. Or at least clean up of their newer stuff for upcoming live performances.... :) Awesome job.

I second all of this! Wow, just WOW!

Wow that was very kind of you to say.

To answer your questions, I am the singer. If I'm being honest, I did not feel super confident going into this haha because Chris's voice is so unique and one of my favorites. So your words are reassuring! Thank you!

We actually want to put it up for sale and give all if the proceeds to Ryan's cause but I don't believe we can yet because the song hasn't actually been released. I'm looking into it though and I will keep you posted for sure.

Again thank you for checking this out! Its makes me really happy to know people are enjoying it.

Pete, you have NO reason to be anything but amazed by your own voice! I swore I was listening to Chris. Can I contact you privately by email or FB? I am developing a free online training program on communicating with those who have Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia. I'd like your permission to include an excerpt of this towards the end. I can explain more.

I fucking adore amazing day. The TFI performance was incredible. I give the song 8/10. [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Ummmmm you're being sarcastic right? I thought you were part of the group that despised Amazing Day.

But the TFI performance I have yet to listen to, So I'm checking that out right now.

But, hey, if you are actually for real I respect that! Good!

Still can't get over the praise this song is getting. People going as far as to call it a "masterpiece"

If you think Amazing Day is a masterpiece (:laugh3:) I'd suggest you'd go listen to Parachutes, you might then learn the definition of a masterpiece.

If this is the only bland song on the album I'll be very happy.

The TFI version is just....erhmagerd. Brought tears to my eyes. Starts out like a semi-soft ballad kind of thing, and ends with the big power ballad-y sound that I love.

Let's just have a moment and appreciate the goodness that is Amazing Day. I'm gonna propose that Amazing Day be our 8th grade promotion dance theme. Or at least the DJ plays it for all the couples.

I have to admit, I completely agree with you. And the way it ended was a trillion light years better than GC's. I ADORED it. That was GORGEOUS!!!!

*plays ending over and over again*

Ummmmm you're being sarcastic right? I thought you were part of the group that despised Amazing Day.

But the TFI performance I have yet to listen to, So I'm checking that out right now.

But, hey, if you are actually for real I respect that! Good!

I never despised amazing day, it reminds of ghost stories but that's it. It's grown on me, especially the last part were Chris and Will start harmonizing together. [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Still can't get over the praise this song is getting. People going as far as to call it a "masterpiece"

If you think Amazing Day is a masterpiece (:laugh3:) I'd suggest you'd go listen to Parachutes, you might then learn the definition of a masterpiece.

If this is the only bland song on the album I'll be very happy.

Nah mate, Viva la Vida is that masterpiece :D

Jk, everyone's opinion is relevant here.

But honestly after hearing the TFI performance of Amazing Day my opinion of the song has changed for the better. Sounds less bland and actually pretty full of passion in the last minute or so. But the real judgement day is whenever the studio version is revealed.

I never despised amazing day' date=' it reminds of ghost stories but that's it. It's grown on me, especially the last part were Chris and Will start harmonizing together. [emoji7'][emoji7][emoji7]

Hmm. I must have mixed you up with another member.

But I share the same opinion as you actually! That sounds MUCH less bland than GC's version... the last part is freaking AMAZING. That is CRAZY awesome. This song has growing on me since that TFI performance. I think of it much higher than I once did, although I never really thought it was a bad song. But as for the ending of that song, I can't find the words to describe it... it's just so beautiful. :D

Hey! It's my first double post EVER!

:D

Congrats ! Still so many to go till you come anywhere near the king of double posts though (our dear friend 42Escapist) :P

And yes, the TFI version of Amazing Day was lightyears better than the one at Global Citizen - the song is still on the bland side of things for me, but I definitely prefer this version and to be honest, after AOAL (which I dislike) came out I've been wondering whether Amazing Day will be one of the better songs on AHFOD. It mayhave grown just a tiny, tiny little bit on me. Let's see what the studio version sounds like.