✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ELIMINATION #4: VIVA LA VIDA OR DEATH AND ALL HIS FRIENDS

thetwinparadox

So this marks the beginning of the elimination of Coldplay's 4th album, the mouthful of a title Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends (or at least that's how fans refer to it, the rest of the world calls it Viva la Vida :P). It marks their first stylistic change, when the band ditched their guitar-based sound for a variety of influences, to create what is often called one of their best albums. But which of these amazing songs is the best? It's time to find out!!

The contestants:

Life in Technicolor

Cemeteries of London

Lost!

Lovers in Japan

Reign of Love

Yes

Chinese Sleep Chant

Viva la Vida

Violet Hill

Strawberry Swing

Death and All His Friends

The Escapist

Life in Technicolor II

Postcards from Far Away

Glass of Water

Rainy Day

Prospekt's March/Poppyfields

Now My Feet Won't Touch the Ground

A Spell a Rebel Yell

Death Will Never Conquer

Lhuna

The Goldrush

This is the era that made me a Coldplay fan, so it will always have a special place in my mind. I hate to squander something as precious as a vote, but I think I'll go with Postcards from Far Away.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Goldrush

?????!!!!! I can't believe it's this early in the game and I'm already urging people to change their votes!! This is an excellent song where Coldplay channels the spirit of The Beatles.....and Will has a major singing part!!!

?????!!!!! I can't believe it's this early in the game and I'm already urging people to change their votes!! This is an excellent song where CP channels the spirit of The Beatles.....and Will has a major singing part!!!

Yes, I guess they tried to channel the spirit of the greatest band of all time, but it doesn't work with this song. And Will having a major singing part does not make me like it any more :( It's just my opinion. I will not change my vote hehe

Haha....I would urge you to change your vote, but I see you are new here....so, welcome to Coldaying!!!

Yeah lol now that's a song people shouldn't be voting for yet. We've all heard it a million times, but it's a masterpiece imo. Some of Coldplay's best lyrics. I wish I could hear it for the first time again.

A Spell A Rebel Yell. I've never understood that song I always skip it. And how on Earth can someone vote for Viva la Vida, it's a masterpiece. Those strings sound amazing, Coldplay singing together, the Viva chant is the best thing ever. Anyways, we're free to say whatever we want, if someone doesn't like a song that's ok.

Ah this is gonna be the toughest to go through, it is my favorite album, it showed me that pop songs didn't have to follow the same formula all the time, to me they proved themselves worthy and pushed their boundaries in the best possible way up to date.. That said, shouldn't we just eliminate the short instrumentals first, like Postcards? My vote goes for that one first. Postcards from far away