✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ELIMINATION #4: VIVA LA VIDA OR DEATH AND ALL HIS FRIENDS

thetwinparadox

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rainy Day is truly underrated among Coldplay fans. How can you not love the amazing texture the song conjures up (and already makes it sound like a rainy day), the weeping strings, the poetically dark lyrics, and especially when Emily Bart-Smith's vocals come in near the end? ;)

Actually, the thing I dislike most about Rainy Day are Chris's vocals. They don't appeal to me at all, the way he intonates the words (especially the part "i love it when you come over to my house !")

Huh?? :stunned:

Weren't @The Adversary, @ov3la, and @beastwars the three who voted for VLV?

Sorry, my bad! I didn't notice beastwars' vote at all. I just noticed The Adversary had posted twice and I didn't know where that additional 3rd Viva vote was supposed to have sprung from, so I jumped to a conclusion. I never meant to do you wrong, that's what I came here to say. If I was wrong, then I'm sorry, but don't let it stand in our way !

Please, not Lost, at this point Lost is getting eliminated, someone please do something to save it.

I for one am changing my vote from Rainy Day to Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground, to give it 4 votes. Even though I like NMFWTTH more, Lost can't go at this point. With this right now there's a three way tie between NMFWTTG, Lost!, and A Spell A Rebel Yell. Let's go Lost!-savers :D

Because it's the only bad song of the album

Are you sure you're actually listening to VLV or did you somehow mix that song title up with an actual bad song on the album? I'm actually wondering.

Sorry, my bad! I didn't notice beastwars' vote at all. I just noticed The Adversary had posted twice and I didn't know where that additional 3rd Viva vote was supposed to have sprung from, so I jumped to a conclusion. I never meant to do you wrong, that's what I came here to say. If I was wrong, then I'm sorry, but don't let it stand in our way !

Ha ha, it's alright, maybe you should apologize to @beastwars for neglecting his opinion. :P

[table=width: 500]

[tr]

[td]A Spell a Rebel Yell[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Now My Feet Won't Touch the Ground[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Lost![/td]

[td]3[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Rainy Day[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Viva la Vida[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Reign of Love[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

A Spell a Rebel Yell and Now My Feet Won't Touch the Ground are eliminated.

All time and circuitry:

Life in Technicolor

Cemeteries of London

Lost!

Lovers in Japan

Reign of Love

Yes

Chinese Sleep Chant

Viva la Vida

Violet Hill

Strawberry Swing

Death and All His Friends

The Escapist

Life in Technicolor II

Glass of Water

Rainy Day

Prospekt's March/Poppyfields

Such a shame that CP's most experimental and daring track has just been eliminated. :( Seriously, once Coldplay gets out of their idiotic pop phase, they should really do an entire album of A Spell a Rebel Yell-like songs.

I vote for Lost! Wish the acoustic version made the album instead. Though that guitar solo is ace!