✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ELIMINATION #4: VIVA LA VIDA OR DEATH AND ALL HIS FRIENDS

thetwinparadox

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Viva la vida has to be eliminated, now! It's the weakest song on the album!

Are you kidding ??? This song is awesome.

Hm, Rainy Day and Yes would be my next candidates to go. I vote for Yes because it has one vote already, making it 2 votes for Yes. I really dislike Yes. Don't like the theme, Chris's vocals in it are too deep, and it has that orientalist cliche of oriental music = sensuality, desire. I'm really fed up with that one.

Let's vote for Yes ! And let's save Viva ! #saveViva

Are you kidding ??? This song is awesome.

Hm, Rainy Day and Yes would be my next candidates to go. I vote for Yes because it has one vote already, making it 2 votes for Yes. I really dislike Yes. Don't like the theme, Chris's vocals in it are too deep, and it has that orientalist cliche of oriental music = sensuality, desire. I'm really fed up with that one.

I'm voting for Yes. I also want to save Lost! in the process. And, I wholeheartedly agree with you with your opinion on Yes. It's the weirdest song I think I've ever heard... not the worst, it's just weird.

[tr]

[td]Reign of Love[/td]

[td]6[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Lost![/td]

[td]5[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Viva la Vida[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Prospekt's March/Poppyfields[/td]

[td]3[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]The Escapist[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Most unfortunately, Reign of Love is eliminated. WTF people. :(

This heavy load:

Life in Technicolor

Cemeteries of London

Lost!

Lovers in Japan

Yes

Chinese Sleep Chant

Viva la Vida

Violet Hill

Strawberry Swing

Death and All His Friends

The Escapist

Life in Technicolor II

Glass of Water

Rainy Day

Prospekt's March/Poppyfields

Seriously, the fact that Reign of Love was eliminated so early on makes me wonder about the sanity of this forum. :P Joking. I vote for Lost! again.

It's really sad that Reign Of Love was eliminated.. I honestly can't believe how people think that Yes is better. Reign of Love's beautiful, and I guess it's Gone But Not (forgotten) :P

In bold: If Viva was eliminated, I'd honestly truly believe in your statement. Viva's past few rounds have been shaky and I have a feeling it's going to get voted out soon. Which will result in me dropping from this elimination game, just like last time in X&Y when Gravity got voted out.

Just a reminder, I put in my vote for Yes, as it already has 2 votes and I want to save Lost! and Viva, which are both in the top 4 in the list we get to choose from IMO. #SaveViva #SaveLost

Concerning Yes, I think the basis of a good song is there. I enjoy Chris' experimentation with those deep vocals. However, the lyrics don't fit well with the rest of the album, there is that cliche oriental feel as you mentioned above, and the album version sounds neutered without Jonny's solo from the live performances.

I'll also vote for Yes. Because I can't vote for Lost! In this round' date=' and I really want to save Viva La Vida. Among all the most popular songs Viva is the best and it deserves to win.[/quote']

Thank you! At this pace Yes is getting eliminated, it has 4 votes compared to Lost!'s 3 and Viva's 2.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on Viva. It's a very popular song, but it's actually freaking amazing unlike some songs nowadays that are just silly and made by untalented artists that shouldn't even be mentioned. For example, Counting Stars (it's actually not a very bad song at all, but it certainly can't compare to Viva) has almost a billion views on YT. Viva? Not even close.

I hope that if Coldplay incorporates more Indian influences it'll sound like Yes. ;)

I've only now just realized how often they've referenced this... Daylight, Yes, Life in Technicolour ii, Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground... :shocked2:

I'm shocked at how little I noticed these influences before... Now their Indian theme makes a bit more sense :)

I would say Yes does not have Indian influences, but rather Arabic ones.

People, please vote Yes in order to save Viva La Vida. It is a masterpiece. And if anyone in a hundred years will remember this decade in music, do you know which song will be remembered as one of the anthems, if not the anthem of this decade in music ? I'll give you a hint: It will not be Yes or Lost !