✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-06-26] Coldplay Headline Glastonbury 2016

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow I didn't even know that collaboration was in the works. That would've been cool. :(

Still hoping for a Noel Gallagher+Beyonce rendition of Up&Up though, or Tove Lo for Fun. :) I'd also love to see Muse and Coldplay collaborate. Imagine Matthew Bellamy doing a guitar solo on GPASUYF!

Muse & COLDPLAY should collab ASAP. They'd give COLDPLAY an idea on how amazing it is to rock again!!!!!!!!:)

I think a Radiohead collab would also be brilliant, however we need to unite Thom & Chris first though.

Guest diogo_sg
http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/15/coldplays-glastonbury-performance-up-in-the-air-as-the-bee-gees-barry-gibb-is-forced-to-pull-out-5946047/

:disappointed:

Coldplay’s Glastonbury performance up in the air as the Bee Gees’ Barry Gibb is forced to pull out

rexfeatures_4589074f.jpg?w=748&h=498&crop=1

The Bee Gees’ Barry Gibb has been forced to pull out of his scheduled Glastonbury performance with Coldplay.

The 69-year-old singer has had to cancel his appearance at the music festival later this month as a close family member has fallen ill.

‘Barry has had to stay put in Florida as a close family member is unwell and he needs to be with them. It’ll be a shock if he makes it,’ a source told The Sun.

‘He is disappointed as he was really looking forward to playing at Glastonbury.

‘He’s a good friend of Chris and the band and didn’t want to let them down, but there is just no time for him to get to England to rehearse.’

Barry had been due to perform with Chris Martin and co as Coldplay took to the Pyramid stage for their headline slot on Sunday.

It’s not clear if Coldplay will now go on the hunt for another special guest to join their set or if they’ll make do with just the band.

‘Coldplay had planned a big, colourful set around Barry’s appearance,’ the source continued. ‘The medley was going to be in the middle of it all as a centrepiece. Now they are having to go back to the drawing board and think up a different surprise, which isn’t what they need when they’re doing a world tour.’

Adele and Muse are also set to headline during the weekend music festival. Coldplay have previously headlined Glastonbury in 2002, 2005 and 2011.

[emoji20] i was so excited about this performance. Oh well, maybe some other surprise will come along.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/15/coldplays-glastonbury-performance-up-in-the-air-as-the-bee-gees-barry-gibb-is-forced-to-pull-out-5946047/

Coldplay’s Glastonbury performance up in the air as the Bee Gees’ Barry Gibb is forced to pull out

The Bee Gees’ Barry Gibb has been forced to pull out of his scheduled Glastonbury performance with Coldplay.

The 69-year-old singer has had to cancel his appearance at the music festival later this month as a close family member has fallen ill.

‘Barry has had to stay put in Florida as a close family member is unwell and he needs to be with them. It’ll be a shock if he makes it,’ a source told The Sun.

‘He’s a good friend of Chris and the band and didn’t want to let them down, but there is just no time for him to get to England to rehearse.’

Barry had been due to perform with Chris Martin and co as Coldplay took to the Pyramid stage for their headline slot on Sunday.

It’s not clear if Coldplay will now go on the hunt for another special guest to join their set or if they’ll make do with just the band.

‘Coldplay had planned a big, colourful set around Barry’s appearance,’ the source continued. ‘The medley was going to be in the middle of it all as a centrepiece. Now they are having to go back to the drawing board and think up a different surprise, which isn’t what they need when they’re doing a world tour.’

Adele and Muse are also set to headline during the weekend music festival. Coldplay have previously headlined Glastonbury in 2002, 2005 and 2011.

Surely this was a joke?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/glastonbury-2016-rihanna-rumoured-to-be-joining-coldplay-a7085451.html

Glastonbury 2016: Rihanna rumoured to be joining Coldplay

'There's a Glasto-shaped gap in her schedule'

After Bee Gees member Barry Gibb pulled out of Coldplay’s Glastonbury headline set, the rumour mill has been turning rapidly, fans feverishly predicting who could fill the guest slot.

According to The Daily Star (so take this with a pinch of salt), previous collaborator Rihanna is expected to join the group on the pyramid stage.

A source told the paper: "Rihanna plays London and Coventry over the festival weekend but there's a Glasto-shaped gap in her schedule on Sunday, June 26. You never know.”

Famously, Rihanna teamed up with Chris Martin’s motley crew for the song “Princess of China” on the album Mylo Xyloto, released in 2011.

MOTLEY? I THINK NOT :p

• Like 2

beyonce has been in enough (read too many) coldplay headlines for me. but since this is the 4th time, and they have done their own thing all 3 times before, guests would be great for once :) but please not only beyonce. how about noel g?

I'm looking forward to Sunday Coldplay and Beck performances and I'm very hyped about it. But I have to say Friday is the best day of the festival for me, the line-up is the strongest of this year festival. Muse, Editors, Sigur Ros, The Lumineers and other really good stuff on it. Off course If I had the opportunity to go on one day I would choose Sunday because it's Coldplay +Glastonbury the perfect festival marriage, but Friday has a better overall line-up in my opinion.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to Sunday Coldplay and Beck performances and I'm very hyped about it. But I have to say Friday is the best day of the festival for me, the line-up is the strongest of this year festival. Muse, Editors, Sigur Ros, The Lumineers and other really good stuff on it. Off course If I had the opportunity to go on one day I would choose Sunday because it's Coldplay +Glastonbury the perfect festival marriage, but Friday has a better overall line-up in my opinion.

I'm counting the days to this. I do hope the BBC go live to them and play them in their entirety. I cannot wait I'm so excited! [emoji137] [emoji95]

• Like 1

hey guys! so i am super excited about this even though I'll be not there but hopefully I'll watch it online somehow

so i was wondering, this is so close and what can be Coldplay's setlist? i think they are gonna go with their rockier, upbeat songs rather than some old gems like they did in 2011 (life is for living etc). I came up with my own setlist and thought i should share it with you guys :p I'll proceed album wise because its easier for me that way

AHFOD:

title track

adventure of a lifetime

hymn for the weekend

up&up

GS:

ASFOS

MYLO XYLOTO:

paradise into remix

ETIAW

charlie brown

POC (if rihana shows up)

VIVA:

viva la vida

violet hill

X&Y:

Swallowed in the sea

Fix you

AROBTTH:

the scientist

in my place

GPASUYF

politik

Parachutes:

yellow

trouble

shiver

I'm thinking there will be 20-21 songs because Coldplay has the longest time so there might be at least 2 cover songs

what do you guys think? whats your expected setlist? :D

• Like 1

Well, I think is gonna be full of their hits, something like the last BBC1 Weekend.

Even though, here is mine:

AHFOD

Hymn for the weekend

AOAL

Up&Up

A sky full of stars

O

Paradise

Charlie Brown

ETIAW

Cemeteries of London

VLV

42/Violet Hill

Fix you

Talk (Please Guy! ) / Speed of sound

Til kingdom come

GPASUYF

Clocks

Politik

In my place

Yellow

Shiver

Raspberry Beret and Heroes covers

And finally Miracles

With this setlist I am very optimist haha

They are incredible with setlists and I know their show will be awesome.

• Like 2

Well, I think is gonna be full of their hits, something like the last BBC1 Weekend.

Even though, here is mine:

AHFOD

Hymn for the weekend

AOAL

Up&Up

A sky full of stars

O

Paradise

Charlie Brown

ETIAW

Cemeteries of London

VLV

42/Violet Hill

Fix you

Talk (Please Guy! ) / Speed of sound

Til kingdom come

GPASUYF

Clocks

Politik

In my place

Yellow

Shiver

Raspberry Beret and Heroes covers

And finally Miracles

With this setlist I am very optimist haha

They are incredible with setlists and I know their show will be awesome.

i like it but there is no way they'll play miracles and cemeteries of London :/ plus talk seems impossible because they hate X&Y :/

• Like 1

i like it but there is no way they'll play miracles and cemeteries of London :/ plus talk seems impossible because they hate X&Y :/

Unfortunately, I agree :(

I think their Glasto setlist is not gonna be much different from their regular stadium tour setlist, to be honest. Maybe plus one old classic like Don't Panic or Everythings not lost, something that they nearly always played at Glastonbury.

• Like 4

Unfortunately, I agree :(

I think their Glasto setlist is not gonna be much different from their regular stadium tour setlist, to be honest. Maybe plus one old classic like Don't Panic or Everythings not lost, something that they nearly always played at Glastonbury.

i agree but I don't think they'll play songs like everglow, magic, ink and whole of stage C because in a festival environment they will not work...

Oh, I was so looking forward to this ! :( Even tough, I'm hoping there will be a big surprise anytime soon, hopefully Noel will come out at the last show in Wembley during Up&Up ! Then imagine Jonny and Noel in the spotlights doing the guitarsolos! They got to do that, that would be VERY AWESOME.

• Like 1

Glastonbury headliners Coldplay and Muse to donate track for charity album

Stars of the Somerset festival are pulling together to raise money for Oxfam

COLDPLAY-GLASTONBURY.jpg

Coldplay are set to headline this year's festival

Some of the biggest stars at this weekend’s Glastonbury festival are donating a track for free for a live album – to raise money for Oxfam.

Headliners Coldplay and Muse will give one of their songs to the live Glastonbury album to promote the charity’s Stand As One campaign.

Their aim is to put pressure on world leaders to welcome more refugees and to do more to help and protect them.

It's available for download on Friday July 8, stream on July 29 and CD on August 8.

Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrowchris-martin.jpg

Coldplay's Chris Martin wants to put pressure on world leaders

Mark Goldring chief executive of Oxfam GB said: “We are very grateful to Glastonbury for bringing the weight of the music world in support of people in desperate need."

Read more: Glastonbury weather forecast and essentials

This year's festival takes place between June 22 to 26 with some huge names, including Coldplay, Adele and Muse set to perform across six stages.

Rowan Griffiths/Daily MirrorGlastonbury-music-festival.jpg

Charity bosses said they were "grateful" to festival stars

The Worthy Farm event promises a heady mix of new, emerging talent and massive artists playing to over 170,000 fans in the flesh and millions across the world.

Meanwhile, lucky Glastonbury-goers may miss the famous mud bath this year with Somerset looking to welcome highs of 28 degrees by Saturday.

link

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
Glastonbury headliners Coldplay and Muse to donate track for charity album

Stars of the Somerset festival are pulling together to raise money for Oxfam

COLDPLAY-GLASTONBURY.jpg

Coldplay are set to headline this year's festival

Some of the biggest stars at this weekend’s Glastonbury festival are donating a track for free for a live album – to raise money for Oxfam.

Headliners Coldplay and Muse will give one of their songs to the live Glastonbury album to promote the charity’s Stand As One campaign.

Their aim is to put pressure on world leaders to welcome more refugees and to do more to help and protect them.

It's available for download on Friday July 8, stream on July 29 and CD on August 8.

Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrowchris-martin.jpg

Coldplay's Chris Martin wants to put pressure on world leaders

Mark Goldring chief executive of Oxfam GB said: “We are very grateful to Glastonbury for bringing the weight of the music world in support of people in desperate need."

Read more: Glastonbury weather forecast and essentials

This year's festival takes place between June 22 to 26 with some huge names, including Coldplay, Adele and Muse set to perform across six stages.

Rowan Griffiths/Daily MirrorGlastonbury-music-festival.jpg

Charity bosses said they were "grateful" to festival stars

The Worthy Farm event promises a heady mix of new, emerging talent and massive artists playing to over 170,000 fans in the flesh and millions across the world.

Meanwhile, lucky Glastonbury-goers may miss the famous mud bath this year with Somerset looking to welcome highs of 28 degrees by Saturday.

link

I don't understand. Is it going to be a song that was already released or will it be a brand new record?

Either way, I'm happy about this [emoji5]