✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-06-26] Coldplay Headline Glastonbury 2016

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it will be a new song just because of the fact that they probably haven't had time to record it in the studio at all since they've been touring so much.

It could be a song that has been recorded during the AHFOD sessions but didnt make the cut for the Album.

• Like 2

http://news.sky.com/story/1714720/live-glastonbury-album-to-honour-mp-jo-cox

Live Glastonbury Album To Honour MP Jo Cox

Wolf Alice, Jamie Lawson and Coldplay confirm they will contribute to the album which will raise money for refugees.

gettyimages-117317379-1-736x414.jpg

Oxfam is to honour MP Jo Cox and her "tireless" work supporting migrants and refugees, with an album recorded live at Glastonbury this weekend.

Artists including Muse, Sigur Ros, The Last Shadow Puppets, Chvrches and Coldplay have confirmed they will contribute songs to Oxfam Presents: Stand As One - Live at Glastonbury 2016, which will raise money for asylum seekers.

The charity said the project was part of its campaign to pressure world leaders to welcome more refugees during what it described as the most serious crisis since the Second World War.

:: Jo Cox Was To Report On Far-Right Nationalists

Oxfam GB chief executive Mark Goldring said the album would be made in memory of the Batley and Spen MP, a former Oxfam activist, who was killed in Birstall on 16 June as she left a constituency surgery.

gettyimages-541069484-1-736x414.jpg

"Given Jo's tireless work to help refugees both at Oxfam and beyond, it felt appropriate to dedicate the album to her," he said.

Glastonbury co-organiser Emily Eavis explained: "We are making this special live album from Glastonbury this summer because the scale of the refugee crisis is so huge we simply had to do something.

"We want people who are far from home and frightened to know we are doing whatever we can to help.

"To know the artists who play here are doing whatever they can; to know the people who love their music are doing whatever they can.

"Now it's time for world leaders to do the same.

"All of us - Glastonbury, Oxfam, musicians and music-lovers everywhere - must Stand As One to demand action for refugees."

Other artists that have confirmed their contribution include Wolf Alice, Laura Mvula, Jamie Lawson, The 1975, Editors, Years & Years and Fatboy Slim.

Just a tip for anyone who has an android phone and lives outside the UK and wants to watch the performance live.....you can download an app called Mobdro from the internet, NOT the Google Play Store, and there you can watch BBC Two.....just make sure during the installation process to allow your phone to download an app from a place other than the Google Store!

• Like 6

• Administrators
Yeah I hope someone is recording the performance. Will be traveling around Ireland an won't be able to watch!

I will be recording (from Ireland :D) and also we will have a stream closer to the event!

• Like 6

Thanks @AMDB9

I also tried during the Radio 1's Big Weekend using an app called Cloud VPN and the BBC media player. You can found both in the Google Play Store. What I did was I opened the Cloud VPN app (which works the same way as the Hola extention), then I opened the BBC website and played the video which needs the BBC media player to work. It should start to play the video. Hope it helps.

• Like 1