✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay vs Imagine Dragons

A Rush of Magic

I love both bands, but I can't really tell which one I like more. Both have similarities and differences, pros and cons.

For music: it's been similar, as both groups are gradually going pop-er even if ID only has 2 albums

For performances: Coldplay does theirs better but ID has a better feel

For style: both of their older songs have a more traditional "rock" feel to it, but I'd prefer ID's newer style

I'm not saying it because we are on CPing, but, seriously, how can you even compaire Imagine Dragons to Coldplay?

They're on different levels without any doubts.

Imagine Dragons' first album "Night Visions" is quite good I'd say, with some catchy songs like "Hear Me", "On Top Of The World", "It's Time" and so on, with the only highlight being "Amsterdam" IMO. Their second album is a true mess, completely out of place, there isn't a good song and it's clearly a let down in respect of "Night Visions" and ilistening to it make me even feel quite nervous. Sorry to be so rude, but I prefer being clear.

Coldplay's music quality decreased a lot during the last years (it's fair to say for me), but it remains over IG's one.

I'm not saying it because we are on CPing, but, seriously, how can you even compaire Imagine Dragons to Coldplay?

They're on different levels without any doubts.

Imagine Dragons' first album "Night Visions" is quite good I'd say, with some catchy songs like "Hear Me", "On Top Of The World", "It's Time" and so on, with the only highlight being "Amsterdam" IMO. Their second album is a true mess, completely out of place, there isn't a good song and it's clearly a let down in respect of "Night Visions" and ilistening to it make me even feel quite nervous. Sorry to be so rude, but I prefer being clear.

Coldplay's music quality decreased a lot during the last years (it's fair to say for me), but it remains over IG's one.

Just thought it would be interesting to see what fans of Coldplay think about Imagine Dragons. Not saying Imagine Dragons is better than Coldplay at all because that's not true.

I heard two or three Imagine Dragons songs on the radio (one of them was Radioactive) and I've got to say quite frankly I got the impression that their singer has a terrible voice and their music dull. In fact, Radioactive had so much airplay that it became annoying to me and I hated it whenever it came up. Recently, the same has happened with Demons. Ugh.

So Coldplay...cause nothing else compares... :)

I just experienced Imagine Dragons live in Copenhagen yesterday. And I have to say it was mindblowingly

AWESOME

I like their music but for me it's not on Coldplay's level. But MAN can they pull off a show! It was such a sharp and well produced performance with great light and visual effects. The lead singer was awesome, and so was the whole band.

And two more things: they really understood how to get the audience going. It was basically a huge party! Everyone was jumping and moving and singing loudly throughout the show.

And the sound quality was GREAT. I loved that they didn't crank the volume beyond what the equipment could take without distorting the sound. There was still plenty of punch and bass, and it was still LOUD. But not unpleasantly loud. :)

Imagine Dragons are in that mainstream pop current that typifies also Bastille, Kodaline, Amber Run and other similar bands. CP influence on this kind of groups is quite obvious, they try to emulate their melodic formula and pack it in an electro-mainstream-rock texture, in order to have a catchier and "younger" sound.

Just thought it would be interesting to see what fans of Coldplay think about Imagine Dragons. Not saying Imagine Dragons is better than Coldplay at all because that's not true.

It wasn't my intention to write against you, my "you" was impersonal, a general thought. Sorry, I haven't specified :)

Aren't Coldplay also in it? (VLV, Paradise, ASFOS)

Good question. The answer is always the same: this is not Coldplay, or at least, the Coldplay we all loved. But the songs you cited are the ones who influenced most this kind of groups, especially VLV and Paradise

i love both bands, imagine dragons is the 2nd best band imo (the 1st is coldplay of course)

smoke and mirrors, im so sorry, gold, dream, its time, demons, polaroid, friction are my favorite ones

From their previous album,I like shots,smoke and mirrors,polaroid,dream.