✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ELIMINATION #6: GHOST STORIES

thetwinparadox

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um... HEY!!! YOU VOTED TWICE! DOES NOT COUNT!!

@thetwinparadox when you count, do NOT count one of Xylobryte's post. (Nothing personal here! ) Oceans (at this point) only has 6 votes. (This will also hopefully help you in your counting process, since I already did some counting for Oceans for you. )

You may ask, how did I catch this? Well, I make a list in a Notepad file and what I do is list the songs, and their votes. Not only that, but I put the people's names who voted for the song BELOW it's title so I can catch any double-votes like this one.

I learned this in the Viva elimination when I had a total that would get one song eliminated over another, but there was a double vote that @thetwinparadox unintentionally counted therefore the other song got eliminated. I told him the people who voted for that song and it turns out that someone actually double-voted Ever since I've been also typing the names of the people who voted so I can catch double votes

Looks like I've got a referee!! :P But thanks @cp3176, I do make mistakes every now and then so it's good that someone would be able to catch them! :)

Btw anyone mind making a list of every unreleased song so I can make sure I haven't missed any? :)

I'm not sure I could get all of them (and I'm about to head off to bed) so I don't think I can, but whoever does needs to remember that The World Turned Upside Down and The World Turns Upside Down are two different songs. ;) Also, Gone But Not F. Cotton needs to be included!

Edit: I'm really confused now. I thought the TWTUD played in 2003 didn't have the same exact title as the separate song released as a b-side, but according to setlist.fm they have the same title. It is so confusing!!!

I'm not sure I could get all of them (and I'm about to head off to bed) so I don't think I can, but whoever does needs to remember that The World Turned Upside Down and The World Turns Upside Down are two different songs. ;) Also, Gone But Not F. Cotton needs to be included!

Edit: I'm really confused now. I thought the TWTUD played in 2003 didn't have the same exact title as the separate song released as a b-side, but according to setlist.fm they have the same title. It is so confusing!!!

The strange thing is that I have never heard the song that opens with the lyric "can you hear that sound?" being referred to as "The World Turns Upside Down" until very recently. I've always heard it referred to as "Your World's Turned Upside Down", which is a lyric that actually appears in the song. Where do these titles even come from anyway? Are they just fan titles or were they introduced on stage/appeared on a setlist as such, or what? It's all very confusing.

Always In My Head

It's not as haunting and stripped down as Oceans. I'd rather see Oceans move on because it's a reminder that Coldplay can still write a Parachutes kind of song. I've always thought of it as a combination of Spies, Sparks, and Atlas. It has cryptic, longing lyrics that carry a lot more emotional toil and meaning than the lyrics of Always In My Head.

Exactly ! And don't forget that beautiful bells/waves intrerlude at the end of Oceans. #SaveOceans !

VOTE FOR ALWAYS IN MY HEAD!

The strange thing is that I have never heard the song that opens with the lyric "can you hear that sound?" being referred to as "The World Turns Upside Down" until very recently. I've always heard it referred to as "Your World's Turned Upside Down", which is a lyric that actually appears in the song. Where do these titles even come from anyway? Are they just fan titles or were they introduced on stage/appeared on a setlist as such, or what? It's all very confusing.

@42Escapist and @thetwinparadox... They are both called "The World Turned Upside Down" - at least that is what we used to call both the songs until 2007 when I had a long hiatus from the boards here... I also have these recordings if anyone is missing them :)

I thought it was Turns/Turned, but if they are both Turned, then maybe the unreleased one is Your World.... and the b-side is The World...

"The world turns upside down" is an unreleased song performed only live

"World turned upside down" is a b-side of the X&Y era

@42Escapist and @thetwinparadox... They are both called "The World Turned Upside Down" - at least that is what we used to call both the songs until 2007 when I had a long hiatus from the boards here... I also have these recordings if anyone is missing them :)

That's good to know!! :) Guess it won't be any less confusing if the song Fun on AHFOD turns out to be a different song than the one CP gave to Natalie Imbruglia!

Btw, apparently there's an unreleased song from the X&Y era called "Turn Your World Around". Any chance that it might be the same as The World Turned Upside Down as played live in 2003?

Btw, apparently there's an unreleased song from the X&Y era called "Turn Your World Around". Any chance that it might be the same as The World Turned Upside Down as played live in 2003?

I've never heard of that one before, could be the same as Your World Turns Upside Down ? Hell, Chris must have had an obsession with worlds turned the other way round during that Era...

[table=width: 500]

[tr]

[td]Always in My Head[/td]

[td]9[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Oceans[/td]

[td]8[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Midnight[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Atlas[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Unfortunately, Always in My Head is eliminated.

Midnight

Oceans

Fly On

Atlas

Ghost Story

I gave a listen to Oceans again and it is truly a great song, so I think this time I'll vote for Atlas. What was this, the 302nd time Coldplay had used that same formula? :P