✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ELIMINATION #6: GHOST STORIES

thetwinparadox

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have been here a lot' date=' but I have not participated in every single AHFOD discussion thread so this may be why it seems I'm not here a lot. (The reason for this being, that after the releases of AOAL I feel I will not like AHFOD a lot, so every time I comment this results in a viole(n)t Oldplay vs. Newplay debate...)[/quote']

Do not worry. If you don't like AOAL then I feel you'll still like AHFOD. Why? AHFOD will extend FAR beyond pop. Have you forgotten the talk about the Indian influences yet? Yeah, that's a way different deal than pop. Also, the difference between Amazing Day and AOAL is proof enough that this album will be highly experimental. I mean, you have the pop artists (which I know you aren't to into) but think about it, You have Beyonce and Noel Gallagher on the same album. That's a pretty wide range of music there already, and I mean, you may not like AD nor AOAL but if the album is really experimenting to the extent where they're going to throw in some Indian influences in there and also throw in Noel Gallagher you can predict with a high level of certainty that AHFOD is going to only include a little pop. I'm fine with you not liking AOAL (I personally love it, Coldplay trying new things, great all around song (lyrics still more in most cases :() but high levels of experimentation with them going into a new genre) but this album is sure to be just more than run of the mill pop. :D :thumbsup:

Do not worry. If you don't like AOAL then I feel you'll still like AHFOD. Why? AHFOD will extend FAR beyond pop. Have you forgotten the talk about the Indian influences yet? Yeah, that's a way different deal than pop. Also, the difference between Amazing Day and AOAL is proof enough that this album will be highly experimental. I mean, you have the pop artists (which I know you aren't to into) but think about it, You have Beyonce and Noel Gallagher on the same album. That's a pretty wide range of music there already, and I mean, you may not like AD nor AOAL but if the album is really experimenting to the extent where they're going to throw in some Indian influences in there and also throw in Noel Gallagher you can predict with a high level of certainty that AHFOD is going to only include a little pop. I'm fine with you not liking AOAL (I personally love it, Coldplay trying new things, great all around song (lyrics still more in most cases :() but high levels of experimentation with them going into a new genre) but this album is sure to be just more than run of the mill pop. :D :thumbsup:

I'm a little bit more pessimistic, because I do think it has too many collabs and dare to predict it will be very poppy overall, but of course I will give it multiple tries when it comes out. :) Also, even GS (which I really really disliked) had this one song I really loved - Ghost Story - so I'm sure that even there will be at least one song in AHFOD that will make it into my personal playlist ! :D

I'm a little bit more pessimistic, because I do think it has too many collabs and dare to predict it will be very poppy overall, but of course I will give it multiple tries when it comes out. :) Also, even GS (which I really really disliked) had this one song I really loved - Ghost Story - so I'm sure that even there will be at least one song in AHFOD that will make it into my personal playlist ! :D

I have high hopes for Hymn for the weekend. It supposed to sound rocket powered. I don't know what that means but it sounds interesting. [emoji23]

I have an off-topic question about the Ghost Stories deluxe cd.

Can this cd be bought in a record store or only online?

Also I've been looking for a product nr.

Is the info in the picture correct?

My collegue is going to NY in a few days and I have asked her to look for it.

How can you vote Midnight befopre Magic? Midnight is such a great song whereas Magic is merely ok :annoyed:

#save Midnight

Are you asking me? :)

The reason I'm voting for Midnight before the other songs is because I'm not so fond of the way Chris is singing it live, especially after jumping around on ASFOS.

He is having problems with that one.

The version on the cd is also not my favorite.

Are you asking me? :)

The reason I'm voting for Midnight before the other songs is because I'm not so fond of the way Chris is singing it live, especially after jumping around on ASFOS.

He is having problems with that one.

The version on the cd is also not my favorite.

but... why voting it over magic :(

All your friends (the instrumentation sounds unoriginal, like a preloaded synth from a keyboard).

And I'm surprised how a lot of people don't like magic. I think it's a great song for the fact that it's so chill. The lyrics aren't the best but it's really catchy and easy to get into. I'm never not in the mood for that song.

All your friends (the instrumentation sounds unoriginal, like a preloaded synth from a keyboard).

And I'm surprised how a lot of people don't like magic. I think it's a great song for the fact that it's so chill. The lyrics aren't the best but it's really catchy and easy to get into. I'm never not in the mood for that song.

Why was I thinking for a moment that All Your Friends already got eliminated? :facepalm: I'm changing my vote to All Your Friends. I agree, Magic isn't all that bad. The melody is good and the bridge is one of the better moments on the whole album for me. There's also a hint of the X&Y spacey sound.