ELIMINATION #6: GHOST STORIES

thetwinparadox

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always in my Head

Oceans

Um... HEY!!! YOU VOTED TWICE! DOES NOT COUNT!!

@thetwinparadox when you count, do NOT count one of Xylobryte's post. (Nothing personal here! :P) Oceans (at this point) only has 6 votes. (This will also hopefully help you in your counting process, since I already did some counting for Oceans for you. :))

You may ask, how did I catch this? Well, I make a list in a Notepad file and what I do is list the songs, and their votes. Not only that, but I put the people's names who voted for the song BELOW it's title so I can catch any double-votes like this one.

I learned this in the Viva elimination when I had a total that would get one song eliminated over another, but there was a double vote that @thetwinparadox unintentionally counted therefore the other song got eliminated. I told him the people who voted for that song and it turns out that someone actually double-voted :lol: Ever since I've been also typing the names of the people who voted so I can catch double votes :)

Btw what elimination would you guys want to do after this: unreleased songs or live albums?

Definetely unreleased songs.

BTW, if you have not voted yet and are reading this, PLEASE VOTE FOR ALWAYS IN MY HEAD. Oceans is close to elimination at this point so PLEASE vote for ALWAYS IN MY HEAD. And to be clear, that's when you put ALWAYS IN MY HEAD in your post. Don't say "Oceans", because you wouldn't want Oceans to get eliminated. Put the title of the song which you want eliminated in your posts. In this case, I HIGHLY recommend putting Always in my Head in your post so @thetwinparadox counts it to be eliminated. Just wanted to be clear so no one accidentally puts the wrong song in their posts and as a result gets the better song eliminated. Just wanted to clarify. :)

BTW, I actually really like Always in my Head. All of the songs left are actually pretty good if not great. It's just a matter of which one is best. And unfortunately for Always in my Head it's the worst one left on the list, even though it's had a great run, and rightfully so, it's time for it to go now. There's many better ones on the list. Also, I'm doing this honestly to save Oceans... it's a really underrated song TBH. It deserves at least one more round in the song before it has to go.

Please #SAVEOCEANS!!!!!!!!!!

^ Yeah, I'm so worried about my fav songs getting eliminated so I keep track of all of the songs getting voted for and the people who voted for them so I can keep constant tabs on if my fav songs are getting eliminated so I can start a campaign to try to save that song :P

^ Yeah, I'm so worried about my fav songs getting eliminated so I keep track of all of the songs getting voted for and the people who voted for them so I can keep constant tabs on if my fav songs are getting eliminated so I can start a campaign to try to save that song :P

Hm, but what would you do if you found a wrong calculation that is actually in favour of your songs ? :P

I'm so sorry but here I disagree with you. Even though I love most of the songs from this album I really love Always in my head. It's the perfect opener for this era, I really love the lyrics and the melody is so beautiful. The emotions it gives me can't be explained well enough. While Oceans is just Chris on guitar and some backing sounds what is good it gives good vibes to the whole song along with the lyrics.

Always In My Head

It's not as haunting and stripped down as Oceans. I'd rather see Oceans move on because it's a reminder that Coldplay can still write a Parachutes kind of song. I've always thought of it as a combination of Spies, Sparks, and Atlas. It has cryptic, longing lyrics that carry a lot more emotional toil and meaning than the lyrics of Always In My Head.