✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ELIMINATION #6: GHOST STORIES

thetwinparadox

Ink.

Oceans and O are great songs. How anyone can vote for them when trash (relatively speaking) like Magic is still around is beyond me.

I like Ink too, but it's the worst of the bunch we're restricted to voting to.

BTW: It's not that I don't like Magic, because I really do. I like Magic... but really it's a bit bland, it's unoriginal, you know...it's not really the best song. And therefore, compared to masterpieces like Oceans and O, it really is trash!

Anyone else absolutely refuse to listen to GS in any other environment than total darkness?

For me, not in total darkness, but I never listen to GS outside of a midnight (:D) environment. The darkness and the stars above outside really make GS into a magical album. Especially the last half... this album gets better as it goes. Oceans and O are pure MAGIC when you are listening outside when it's night. I prefer GS most when you can see quite a few stars above and the moon is at least a little lit.

O. Why is it still up there?! I hope everyone realizes O is different from Fly On and like 42Escapist said' date=' just a coda.[/quote']

What?? If O is technically different than Fly On why isn't it seperate? This is totally unfair. Such a beautiful track like Fly On just minutes ago was at risk of being eliminated. Seriously. O technically includes Fly On and that's no fair because everyone's going to be voting for O when they're also eliminating Fly On.

It's such a shame that Fly On has to be stuck to O. Now it's probably going to get eliminated next round because everyone's going to be thinking of the end, and not Fly On.

Please everyone. Look at the BEGINNING of O and realize that there is no "Fly On" option in this list. Which means technically it's stuck to O. So keep in mind people, when you look at the end of O and eliminate it because it's a coda, then you're actually eliminating Fly On as well. Please keep that in mind, anyone thinking of voting for O again. Fly On is too good to get eliminated when trash like Magic (again, read bold and italicized statement above for reasoning) is hanging around.

#SAVEO #SAVEOCEANS

Also, I've read this whole thread from start to finish and I am NOT impressed. Seriously people? You let Wish I Was Here and O (Reprise) get eliminated when COMPLETE TRASH like True Love was hanging around back then. O (Reprise)... at least there was a reason for it. It was short. But look. True Love has the most cliche lyrics of any, and it's bland, uninspired, etc. O (Reprise)'s guitar is absolutely freaking gorgeous, as @I ran away (BTW, where'd you go?? Haven't seen you in a whlle) said. Quality over quantity... you're seriously saying that a minute and a half of absolute beauty is worse than 4 mins of uninspired trash??? Come on people, think before you vote gorgeous songs out. Same goes for O.

But Wish I Was Here really got me mad. I have NO FREAKING IDEA how that wonderous song got eliminated over trash like True Love. Like, give me a break. I know it's all said and done but really, do you really prefer the uninspired cliche lyrics and trashy bland uncreativity all around of True Love to the gorgeous piano melody that is Wish I Was Here? Yes, I know most of the song is Cat Power, but you can't say it deserves to be eliminated just because Chris isn't singing the lead vocals. Like, come on.

/rant

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^:laugh3:(@cp3176) Wow what a rant! I'm sorry some of your favorite songs from this era have already been eliminated but that's just the way this game works. And Fly On and O are being considered separate tracks for this elimination (it was decided in the MX elimination thread). These are the tracks left:

Miracles and True Love are eliminated.

Always in My Head

Magic

Ink

Midnight

Oceans

Fly On

O

Atlas

All Your Friends

Ghost Story

So with that said and now that Ink is gone, someone please vote for O to save Oceans!

(Interestingly though, I was looking through the lyrics for Ghost Stories on Coldplay's timeline and realized that the band consider Fly On and O to all be one song. They don't even post any lyrics for the "don't ever let go" part.)

[table=width: 500]

[tr]

[td]Ink[/td]

[td]5[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]O[/td]

[td]5[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Oceans[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Midnight[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Magic[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]All Your Friends[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

@beastwars, @Xylobryte98, and @MinceSpies, your votes were not counted because we were in a tiebreaker and only the first 2 votes for different songs would be counted toward breaking the tie. :) And @@AwardChris, Another's Arms has already been eliminated. :)

Ink and O are eliminated.

Always in My Head

Magic

Midnight

Oceans

Fly On

Atlas

All Your Friends

Ghost Story

Well well well, we seem to have a debate here about whether Fly On and O are the same song! Personally I believe that they're the same song, but I was under the impression that everyone else thought they were separate. Anyway, I vote for Magic.

D'you know what' date=' I think the next time we have a tie I'll just leave the round open for another day without any voting restrictions. Everyone ok with that?[/quote']

Sounds good! :D I'd be okay with that.

[table=width: 500]

[tr]

[td]Ink[/td]

[td]5[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]O[/td]

[td]5[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Oceans[/td]

[td]4[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Midnight[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Magic[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]All Your Friends[/td]

[td]1[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

@beastwars, @Xylobryte98, and @MinceSpies, your votes were not counted because we were in a tiebreaker and only the first 2 votes for different songs would be counted toward breaking the tie. :) And @@AwardChris, Another's Arms has already been eliminated. :)

Ink and O are eliminated.

Always in My Head

Magic

Midnight

Oceans

Fly On

Atlas

All Your Friends

Ghost Story

Well well well, we seem to have a debate here about whether Fly On and O are the same song! Personally I believe that they're the same song, but I was under the impression that everyone else thought they were separate. Anyway, I vote for Magic.

OHHHHHHHH.... sorry I am so stupid :( Ignore the part of my rant on O. Yeah, that can go in favor of Oceans. No biggie :) I didn't see it at first! Fly On needs to make it a loooooong way. I am sorry everyone.

That being said, my vote is going to Magic! Changed to All Your Friends

Magic, please get eliminated this round !

And yes, there is hardly any track in this album that I truly care about (except Fly On and Ghost Story)...hence no banter from my side :D

I think that All Your Friends could go before Magic... now that I think of it I like Magic better, but it's definetely getting the axe after this.

With that, I change my vote to All Your Friends. The melody is not very interesting at all and it's poor... Magic is at least better in that sense.

Hey cp, I'm with you on Fly On deserving to stay here for long !

And oh, I hope that Ghost Story will win. It's an outstanding song.

I agree too. But I hope for Fly On to win although I know it's not happening. :( That is definetely a good choice to win tho, that's one of my favs from the GS era. It's a outstanding song with a true Oldplay vibe to it, yet keeping some of the stripped-down of GS. It's like real instruments meets GS, and it really sounds great! :D

BTW, where have you been recently? Haven't seen you much on the forums until now...

I think All Your Friends is better than Magic, so I still hope Magic will go now.

Well I have been here a lot, but I have not participated in every single AHFOD discussion thread so this may be why it seems I'm not here a lot. (The reason for this being, that after the releases of AOAL I feel I will not like AHFOD a lot, so every time I comment this results in a viole(n)t Oldplay vs. Newplay debate...)

Hope you're well :) Have you checked out my new project yet, due to be released on Nov 24: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/105058-***HIGH-UP-ABOVE-OR-DOWN-BELOW-A-Coldplay-Project-By-I-Ran-Away***?p=5758909#post5758909 That's something I'm doing at the moment.

I might as well speak my mind and say that the song that absolutely deserves to win this elimination is Midnight. No other Coldplay song can convey a sense of ambient and eerie texture. I remember first hearing it and believing that the rest of GS would be as experimental and atmospheric as this. I couldn't have been more disappointed when I finally heard GS in its entirety. But Midnight reminds us that Coldplay once was a daring, talented band capable of so much more than run-of-the-mill pop. And we know they still have it in them. They just need to put that talent to good use. ;)

I might as well speak my mind and say that the song that absolutely deserves to win this elimination is Midnight. No other Coldplay song can convey a sense of ambient and eerie texture. I remember first hearing it and believing that the rest of GS would be as experimental and atmospheric as this. I couldn't have been more disappointed when I finally heard GS in its entirety. But Midnight reminds us that Coldplay once was a daring, talented band capable of so much more than run-of-the-mill pop. And we know they still have it in them. They just need to put that talent to good use. ;)

Midnight doesn't deserve to win, Ghost Story does. Midnight's just a big electronic mess [emoji37] plus Chris on the vocoder? Doesn't sound good at all.