✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-11-06] AOAL Premier at Nick Grimshaw Show BBC1

gai

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also don't like the backing vocals. It sounds to me at the moment to be "Too fly, dry" which doesn't belong on a Jay-Z tune, never mind Coldplay.

Jonny and Guy make the song.

I can't make out what the backing lyrics actually are saying, but the are indeed awful.

I can't make out what the backing lyrics actually are saying, but the are indeed awful.

Is anything good to you? Seriously. Not liking a track is one thing. But you're continuously criticizing it for one thing or the other. It's ok, you'll have 10 more songs to decide to like or hate. Calm down

looking at the polls, what i'm seeing is the disappointed being louder (and more frequent) than the (somewhat) satisfied. reading the comments, i thought i would find a more negative poll result for the song, which is not the case at all.

Okay. I see some people going slightly overboard here..

It's the lead single. Of course it's going to be more 'mainstream' and have elements of current chart music production/arrangement etc. It's just the nature of 'pop' album releases. Yellow came out on the back of brit-pop, lots of similar songs on the radio at the time. Same with a lot of subsequent tracks they've released as singles, album after album, it's just how it is. They're one of the biggest bands on the planet, their singles have to be commercial. (unfortunately?)

You can't use one song to define the entirety of an unheard album. You just can't. We have no idea what the rest is like, c'mon.

All things aside, an opinion is an opinion, not saying the people that aren't keen on it are wrong at all.

It took a few listens, personally but it's rapidly grown on me. Not my favourite first single but it's promising..!

Beyonce features on the album and 'had a hand' in some recording, that's very different from 'producing'. (Unless I've missed something announced more recently?) I see where you're coming from 100% but i still think it's jumping to conclusions too early.

Beyoncé is a funny one generally.. she's very talented but she divides so much opinion, I'm always surprised.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">making sweet music this morning <a href="https://t.co/LwU3Tz4PkR">https://t.co/LwU3Tz4PkR</a></p>— nick grimshaw (@grimmers) <a href="https://twitter.com/grimmers/status/662584968598671361">November 6, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>