✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-11-06] AOAL Premier at Nick Grimshaw Show BBC1

gai

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, listen to the oher songs that BBC1 played throughout the show. Can't tell the Coldplay one apart from the rest of the mainstream dance crap.

You are overreacting a bit here.

I know it isn't even close to what we all were expecting from them, and it is too maroon 5 'sugar' and daft punk style. But it is definitely a vv good try by the band on the pop meats rock genre.

I personally feel that the song will grow a lot on people and will be played on the radio for days to come.

This song will do what we want it to do, promote the album as a single.

Hope it grows on you too. Cheers xx

I just can't help but loving this song. I was waiting to be disappointed because I want more old Coldplay but I love it...I just do :) so happy and relieved. But now I'm nervous about all these people featured on the album. Not too happy about that, but guess I'll see if they convince me again. It will be tough with that Beyonce song though, I'm not a fan of hers :/

Awful. I couldn't tell it apart from any other chart pop crap that's 24 h on the radio. No real melody. All typical elements of mainstream dance pop.

Coldplay ? Artistically, they are dead.

I've gotta disagree with "artistically they are dead." This is probably the most creative and artistic song I've heard in a long time. Even though it's not the same Coldplay we know, even though it's not The Scientist or Violet Hill, you can't say this isn't artistic, because it's incredibly artistic.

I've gotta disagree with "artistically they are dead." This is probably the most creative and artistic song I've heard in a long time. Even though it's not the same Coldplay we know, even though it's not The Scientist or Violet Hill, you can't say this isn't artistic, because it's incredibly artistic.

I have to disagree with that. It has all the typical elements of the usual mainstream dancey pop that dominates radio tracklists nowadays. There is nothing to set it apart. The ending is the most (but not only) generic part of the song. It may be unusual for Coldplay to embark on this, but it is a very, very common song type of the current times.

AOAL is not your typical rock. It isn't your typical pop though too. And I can imagine it running to #1 in the charts. It is NOT unartistic. The riff is amazing. The base is awesome. Drums and clapping make for a great rhythm.

My only disappointment are the lyrics.. Especially "We are diamonds"... That line is too cheesy (and kinda reminds me of Rihanna ). Another thing is that Chris's voice has really changed. The emotion in his voice will be missed for sure... So finally 9/10

AOAL is not your typical rock. It isn't your typical pop though too. And I can imagine it running to #1 in the charts. It is NOT unartistic. The riff is amazing. The base is awesome. Drums and clapping make for a great rhythm.

My only disappointment are the lyrics.. Especially "We are diamonds"... That line is too cheesy (and kinda reminds me of Rihanna ). Another thing is that Chris's voice has really changed. The emotion in his voice will be missed for sure... So finally 9/10

The riff is SO addictive!

I fell asleep! And I had a ton of dreams about the single and the album. I just woke up and realized I missed the premiere. Listening to the interview now. I don't have my opinions thought out enough about the song, but I do know I'm liking it. Gotta hear it a few more times before I talk about it.

So, I didn't wake up on time but I don't regret it. I listened to part of the interview which was hilarious but I couldn't understand it because I was so happy that I forgot half of the English I know! Anyways I love the song the guitar and bass sound fantastic. And the lyrics are awesome!

Also guys don't freak out cause now we have heard two songs on the album! And both seem different ! I feel that there is going to be plenty for both Oldplayers and Newplayers!!

Hopefully we can all reach an agreement that its a good album at the end of the day :)

ok let's be honest, musically, this is the most artistic and challenging we've seen from coldplay in a good while (maybe other than midnight, but the jon hopkins influence there might have been more of a factor). it's one groovy track. nothing like we've heard from coldplay so far. and i don't agree that it's so generic and there's nothing there. there definitely are generic pop elements in there, but the overall quality is pretty tight.

let's put our dancing shoes and dance the rest of the night away! it's not like i'll get any sleep now anyway! :)

haters and lovers of this song are both partially right.

personally, i dont think the lyrics are great. and melodically it is alright.

but the groove that guy and will put together is SICK. especially guy... wow. he's the highlight of AOAL for sure.

I learned this after ETIAW and Paradise came out: your expectations for Chris Martin's lyrical output should be very low. This way it'll be a lot easier to not just accept, but fall in love with these tracks. seriously, stop expecting the world out of chris. he's a sucker for the stars and lights and heaven and love. embrace it.

let's put our dancing shoes and dance the rest of the night away! it's not like i'll get any sleep now anyway! :)

Its 3:05 am where I am, and I plan to listen to this song on repeat until 7:00 when I have to leave for school!

I learned this after ETIAW and Paradise came out: your expectations for Chris Martin's lyrical output should be very low. This way it'll be a lot easier to not just accept, but fall in love with these tracks. seriously, stop expecting the world out of chris. he's a sucker for the stars and lights and heaven and love. embrace it.

Except the lyrics are way worse than both those songs. It reminds me a lot of Dance With Me by Walk The Moon and I'm not really sure if this is a good or bad thing.

One thing is for sure, Chris's lyrics have really gone downhill since VLV! Jonny's riff sort of makes up for it though.

Its 3:05 am where I am, and I plan to listen to this song on repeat until 7:00 when I have to leave for school!

lol i'm an hour ahead of you. can't get this groove off my head and body! well done guy!