✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-11-06] AOAL Premier at Nick Grimshaw Show BBC1

gai

This is unfortunately, a very legitimate concern.

I remember being so excited for GS after hearing Midnight, thinking that it'd be an experimental, far out album based on ambient textures. Then I heard Magic and couldn't have been more disappointed. And then I heard ASFOS and wanted to give up on Coldplay.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming you're pulling an all-nighter since I believe you're in the US right now?

Do you mean me ? Yeah. Sitting in a Starbucks (which is open till 1am, then I'll go on waiting home) and working on a blog article. Unfortunately the SAME two Sam Smith songs are on a loop (they repeat themselves every three or so songs) and I they are the same that were on right before Coldplay took the stage at IHeartRadio, so now I have listened to them about a million times. That beat is just plain ugly. Unfortunately I only have my phone earbuds and no matter how much I turn up my own music, I can't block that beat and annoying voice... :D

And maybe instead we'll get the following words: *Chris accent* "So um, you know, we have been thinking, Lady Gaga and One Direction make all this great music and we, you know, we have never been as good as they are. And can we possibly make some very happy music now ? So A Head Full Of Dreams is inspired by Katy Perry's work, and we hope you like it. But, um, you know, I'd still give my left arm to write anything as good as Justin Bieber's latest album."

Haha I can totally see this happening as well. Nick Grimshaw is in love with one direction and justin beiber and so is Chris Martin (for some unknown strange reason).

As soon as Chris mentions either one direction or beiber I'm switching the radio off, I can't listen to him embarrassing himself like that.

I really hope this song and album has at least some hint of the old Coldplay.

So excited! Only a little over an hour now!! :dance::dance::dance:

Seriously, what is up with that? Surely, a guy like Chris must understand that not only is this music subpar (albeit a bit catchy sometimes), but these one direction fellows have never written a single note in their lives. They are just puppets, a product that is carefully manufactured and packaged. How can he admire them? There are some things I don't understand in life, lol. :laugh3:

Taste is subjective. I don't see the big deal of him listening to pop music. He's always listened to pop music but no one said anything until it was cool to hate One Direction or Justin Bieber.

He's always listened to pop music but no one said anything until it was cool to hate One Direction or Justin Bieber.

Hm, imho that's not entirely true. He may have listened to pop all his life, I dunno, but his influences in earlier years were certainly not the biggest pop acts but artistically acclaimed bands like Radiohead or Arcade Fire ! Also, 1D and JB are just two very extreme examples - there's a lot of other pop acts that it is not "cool" to hate on, and that I despise to the same extent.

Hm, imho that's not entirely true. He may have listened to pop all his life, I dunno, but his influences in earlier years were certainly not the biggest pop acts but artistically acclaimed bands like Radiohead or Arcade Fire ! Also, 1D and JB are just two very extreme examples - there's a lot of other pop acts that it is not "cool" to hate on, and that I despise to the same extent.

That's true. At least, post-AROBTTH, Chris' influences seemed to have changed a bit. Like with Kanye's "Homecoming" or Nelly Furtado's "All Good Things". I admit sometimes I do get a bit miffed at his personal taste, but it could definitely be worse, you know?