✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hymn for the Weekend

Coeurli

I think Ghost Stories really didn't have any B-sides, just extra tracks which were released with the album in the USA (and later on in other platforms/formats). MX had hmmm one proper b-side I guess and some remixes?

So Im not wildly hopeful about seeing any b-sides this time around, but Im holding out for record day...they usually release a special vinyl there :)

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ghost Stories really didn't have any B-sides, just extra tracks which were released with the album in the USA (and later on in other platforms/formats). MX had hmmm one proper b-side I guess and some remixes?

So Im not wildly hopeful about seeing any b-sides this time around, but Im holding out for record day...they usually release a special vinyl there :)

Mylo had 2 b-sides: Moving to Mars and Major Minus (yes, Major Minus is on the album bur is technically a b-side).

Ghost Stories actually has 3 b-sides, one of which is actually a reprise... but a very different-sounding one at that. "All your Friends" and "Ghost Story" are b-sides of ASFOS, look it up. It's on the deluxe version too but technically they're b-sides. So I don't know how we couldn't get any b-sides this era.

Mylo had 2 b-sides: Moving to Mars and Major Minus (yes, Major Minus is on the album bur is technically a b-side).

Ghost Stories actually has 3 b-sides, one of which is actually a reprise... but a very different-sounding one at that. "All your Friends" and "Ghost Story" are b-sides of ASFOS, look it up. It's on the deluxe version too but technically they're b-sides. So I don't know how we couldn't get any b-sides this era.

I don't know what they are technically :) I was thinking in terms of new tracks for us. Ghost stories had no new tracks beyond the special edition of the album (the Target one), only a couple of remixes afterwards. The only new track on Mylo was Moving to Mars released with ETIAW.

So in terms of brand new tracks we go from 1 in Mylo to zero in Ghost Stories (in terms of new tracks released in conjunction with single releases). We had no special edition of AHFOD with extra tracks so I don't know...I'm not expecting any extra track with any single release this time around. But trust me I'd love to be proven wrong! Hehe :)

I don't know what they are technically :) I was thinking in terms of new tracks for us. Ghost stories had no new tracks beyond the special edition of the album (the Target one), only a couple of remixes afterwards. The only new track on Mylo was Moving to Mars released with ETIAW.

So in terms of brand new tracks we go from 1 in Mylo to zero in Ghost Stories (in terms of new tracks released in conjunction with single releases). We had no special edition of AHFOD with extra tracks so I don't know...I'm not expecting any extra track with any single release this time around. But trust me I'd love to be proven wrong! Hehe :)

Oh I guess if you're talking about that... true. Yeah, in terms of tracks released after the actual album, we've got 1 in Moving to Mars. We had the Live 2012 reprises that don't really count, except Aiko. Christmas Lights & Wedding Bells were released before, so that don't count either.

Ghost Stories had 1 track released before, that was Atlas. But that doesn't count since it was released before. I guess for the actual album itself, yeah, the B-sides were released along with the deluxe track so even though they were b-sides it was nothing new. In terms of the era however, I'd argue there were two new tracks released after the actual album itself: Miracles and Wish I Was Here. So yeah.

A Head Full Of Dreams has only one track that I'd say would be part of the era, but not the album: Gone But Not F. Cotton.

So with all of this, the previous era had b-sides. So did the era before that. This era I think is bound to have b-sides of some sort. Released after the album. Which means extra Content. Yay! (hopefully I'm right) Also, there are rumours that the "leaked photo" is fake on Twitter, so there is a slight chance that's not even the real thing, and HFTW does in fact have some B-sides... not likely though.

But, Coldplay better be smart enough to release some B-sides. I've heard talks that you people who've been around for a while really miss these little extras that you'd get to speculate about even after the album was released. That must've been really fun, because back in them days you'd get to have almost another full album's worth of content after the actual release of the album. In Viva's case. two albums worth of content, which must have been awesome. I believe there were new tracks getting released all the way up to Christmas Lights, then there was the whole hype for Mylo, which must have been freaking fun because you could count on some sort of content being released fairly frequently.

What I'm trying to say is, even though the main release may bave been released, the conplete speculation of the era wasn't over, in regards to the "b-sides" and "extras". Which must have been a blast. EDIT: Yeah, you had the thing about the EP too.... I wish this era was that good :(

"Wish I was here" (:D) back then, because there was probably the fun after the album too. Now, in this era, I got to catch the good part of the ride when I joined on September 9th (there was a new track played, 2 festivals, massive speculation etc) but for one, the hype was probably much less than today (at least I've heard that it was busier back then than now, understandable because of the people that left recently... sad because I always feel lonely on the furums, and if you were on at the right time you would have seen the results of that in the "New Posts" section) and also.... now that the album's released, we knew almost everything since Nov 6, except of what the tracks actually sounded like. Now, there's going to be not a lot of B-sides this era (if any) and that'll take away yet another part of the excitement. First, busy - gone. Next, tons of extras to be excited about - gone. We have the single releases to talk about and possible b-sides, but not a lot. And the tour of course is what we're going to be talking about. And even that probably won't feel as special, because there's many people on here who think that this era's content isn't as good as some previous era's content (me included). But hey, it'll still be fun. Enough whining from me, I'll shut up now :P . Going to look at the bright side of things now...

^looks above me*

/complaining

/rant

Unfortunately both Atlas and Miracles were "commissioned" tracks for movies. And Christmas lights is of course a Christmas song.

I'm afraid I only see a decline of extra tracks since Viva but here's to hoping we will have more new songs in this era.

• Like 1

Unfortunately both Atlas and Miracles were "commissioned" tracks for movies. And Christmas lights is of course a Christmas song.

I'm afraid I only see a decline of extra tracks since Viva but here's to hoping we will have more new songs in this era.

I am almost sure that there will soon be an EP with at least 5 tracks (I hope). Great tracks !

Love PM !

• Like 1

I am almost sure that there will soon be an EP with at least 5 tracks (I hope). Great tracks !

Love PM !

1. Hymn for the Weekend (Chris Martin remix)
  2. Hymn for the Weekend (Jonny Buckland remix)
  3. Hymn for the Weekend (Guy Berryman remix)
  4. Hymn for the Weekend (Will Champion remix)
  5. Hymn for the Weekend (Phil Harvey remix)
  6. X Marks the Spot (demo) [bonus track]

Sent from my Death Star using Tapatalk

• Like 3

the quite way they are going about this release, i have a feeling that we'll see the video being released this sunday night or monday. get the maximum exposure, than releasing it towards the end of the week.

Guest diogo_sg
Danish radio played Hymn a little past midnight today 23 January. Guess it means it's released here as well to the radios today?

I guess so ;) I haven't heard it here in Portugal yet.

What makes you so sure ?

I just have that feeling:)

Oh yeah, and two weeks ago or so I was searching for ''A Head Full Of Dreams (Instrumental)'' , and I found it on a site (can't remember which).

But there were also other instrumental tracks 'from Coldplay', so far I can remember one song title had ''Mars'' in it:D But when I clicked on it there was only just a hiphop beat... :/ I don't know if the song titles were real or fake !

Hmm... I forgot to tell you guys earlier about that

• Like 1

I just have that feeling:)

Oh yeah, and two weeks ago or so I was searching for ''A Head Full Of Dreams (Instrumental)'' , and I found it on a site (can't remember which).

But there were also other instrumental tracks 'from Coldplay', so far I can remember one song title had ''Mars'' in it:D But when I clicked on it there was only just a hiphop beat... :/ I don't know if the song titles were real or fake !

Hmm... I forgot to tell you guys earlier about that

I found it (just the song titles !) But actually it isn't the site were I saw the song titles for the first time but ok:

http://mp3pedia.info/track/music/mp3/coldplay-a-head-full-of-dreams.html

(I do not know if the song titles are real or fake !)

The song titles:

-------------------------------

[Play] ~ [Lyric] ~ [Download]

Coldplay - A Love Like This A Head Full Of Dreams - Leaked Bonus Track.MP3

artworks-000138668130-0nxsmf-large.jpg

?impr_key=0da75d6cfd1c8da6101d0702447116dd

Coldplay - Night To Day A Head Full Of Dreams - Leaked Bonus Track.MP3

artworks-000138552423-7ky7gt-large.jpg

Coldplay - Mission To Mars A Head Full Of Dreams - Leaked

artworks-000138663611-hdoy5r-large.jpg

Guest diogo_sg
I found it (just the song titles !) But actually it isn't the site were I saw the song titles for the first time but ok:

The song titles:

Coldplay - Mission To Mars A Head Full Of Dreams - Leaked

artworks-000138663611-hdoy5r-large.jpg

:confused:

I can't play them, by the way.

The song titles: