✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hymn for the Weekend

Coeurli

This song is really growing on me, it's not my fave off the album, but I do enjoy it. But I was thinking that the cow bell, or whatever it is, sounds like the Red Hot Chili Peppers song Breaking the Girl where they bang on metal pipes for the beat.

O.o noooooo, completely different ... also Breaking the Girl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HFTW

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o_O noooooo, completely different ... also Breaking the Girl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HFTW

Oh, I agree - WAY to infinity better, I just meant that it reminded me of that a little bit, that's all.

My dad officially says that this is one of his favourite songs off the album...

My first reaction is, heh?

Perhaps he likes R&B or he just likes a good beat. IDK My mom is weird in this repect too.

I feel like the song would be better if the chorus carried the verse "I'm feeling drunk on life and high on love." Too many people are going to get the wrong impression once it's released to radio.

But Chris specifies this in one of the early verses...."Life is a drink and love´s a drug" :)

• Like 1

Fake percussion would be electronic drums instead of an acoustic drumset featured in the song Fix You for instance

No no I know what everyone means but electronic or its start gated drumming/modified drumming has been around since the 80s. In The Air Tonight by Phil Collins is one the first examples of it and he was playing a real kit they just modified it through studio trickery :) Hell as early as the 60s drummers modified their sound especially in the later parts of that decade. (Psychedelia and early progressive comes to mind.) Anyway its nothing new and I for one am glad they are embracing it ^^

• Like 1

But Chris specifies this in one of the early verses...."Life is a drink and love´s a drug" :)

That's my point. The chorus should carry that line. A lot of people, especially when listening to the radio, won't listen closely enough to not take "I'm feeling drunk and high" literally. It would've been better, melodically even, if it was "I'm feeling drunk on life and high on love"

it's one of those generic pop tracks that the 'cool' kids will like.

Should've been released first instead of AOAL.

Oh you made me feel like one of the "cool kids". thanks LOL And I dont know you, but as a band I would never want to release as first single a song featuring someone else haha I´d probably go for the song where all members of band are most prominent. I think Adventure fits the bill. Also an interesting thing...I noticed they often tend to choose as first singles songs where Jonny riff particularly shines *LOL* (Every teardrop, Violet Hill, Adventure)

Is there a live video somewhere? They have performed it several times now, but no video at all.

Here's a live a video:

Not the best quality, but you can definitely get a feel for how it is live. The guitar sounds amazing. (And that transition to Fix You was quite lovely)

Seriously though, as I have been promoting the album to my family and friends, all of them LOVE, LOVE, LOVE HFTW.

• Like 1

Here's a live a video:

Not the best quality, but you can definitely get a feel for how it is live. The guitar sounds amazing. (And that transition to Fix You was quite lovely).

Imho Chris's gesturing during HFTW is cringeworthy, on par only with his gesturing during some renditions of Viva La Vida when he points towards his eyes or does other things which made him look like a madman. Honestly...

Random thought: Why is there no "feat. Beyoncé" on the song title, as there is on Fun with Tovlo?

Because the title would be too long to have "Ft Beyonce" within it. When it's released as a single, casual music buyers who normally listen to club music won't find more than four words appealing and sales will drop. Or they'll be too drunk to read it properly. I bet the Google searches for "Coldplay So High" will rise!

• Like 2

I am so addicted to this song and I don't know why. I didn't expect to like it but I freaking love it.

The best when a song surprises you like that! hehe I had a similar experience with Adventure. The first time I heard it I did not like it much at all actually hehe But after 2-3 listens it started opening up to me and now its my favourite :)

• Like 1