✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hymn for the Weekend

Coeurli

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest diogo_sg
Good... at least they gave her a little credit!

The title of the song comes with 'feat. Beyoncé' at the end in many places. Not the 'official' ones, though :P

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I haven't been watching the recent live shows in detail because I'm trying to save some surprises for when I see them in July, but from what I've seen, it looks like Will is singing Beyonce's parts in HFTW. Is that right? If so, I wonder why they don't use back stage screens showing her on video like they did for POC on the MX tour with Rihanna. Are they trying to distance themselves from Bey?

Hey everyone, I haven't been watching the recent live shows in detail because I'm trying to save some surprises for when I see them in July, but from what I've seen, it looks like Will is singing Beyonce's parts in HFTW. Is that right? If so, I wonder why they don't use back stage screens showing her on video like they did for POC on the MX tour with Rihanna. Are they trying to distance themselves from Bey?

I think it is because she's doing backing vocals. I watched them play POC in the B stage in the first Mexican concert and they show Rihanna in the screens. But in this case she sang some verses and it is more relevant than doing backing vocals. And the truth is, who wants to see Beyonce in the screens? I didn't pay attention when they had Rihanna during the concert as I had the band in front of me!

• Like 1

Got to say, by Chris standards, that is a fantastic step ahead :) dancing ability wise I mean.

I love his silly dancing, and as long as his English countryside doesn't hit the ground and he gets boo-boos, I'm happy.

tumblr_o5ulmmj9Ng1uhyuajo1_250.gif

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Not sure if anyone has answered this, but how is Beyonces voice used in the live shows? Or rather how is this song done live? Does another singer do her part?

Her backing vocals are played as backing tracks (with Will supporting it in some parts). Then Will takes over completely singing "I, oh I, oh I, lala la la la". At the final part its just Beyonce's backing track and Chris singing it together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4