✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hymn for the Weekend

Coeurli

I really like the piano riff here. And the verses are good too. Disregarding the poor lyrical choices, wish the chorus was different. Really don't like the woahs and felling drunk and high part. So I like the first half of the song. There was potential to make a mega hit. The chorus is not strong enough to do that I think.

• Like 1

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the piano riff here. And the verses are good too. Disregarding the poor lyrical choices, wish the chorus was different. Really don't like the woahs and felling drunk and high part. So I like the first half of the song. There was potential to make a mega hit. The chorus is not strong enough to do that I think.

I really like that rippling piano - much better use of it than in Clocks (haha, I know, another fairly controversial opinion)... Then Chris comes in with his soaring voice, and then the beat drops!

I really like that rippling piano - much better use of it than in Clocks (haha, I know, another fairly controversial opinion)... Then Chris comes in with his soaring voice, and then the beat drops!

I must say I just love this song and the beat makes me stomp every time hehe My favourite part is probably near the ending though, the "soaring through the sky" one also when Jonny kicks in with his stadium rock riff hehe

• Like 1

I really like that rippling piano - much better use of it than in Clocks

I can see why you think that. HFTW riff is good enough to be a defining piano riff like clocks I think. But not a big fan and of the overall song. Still I think in time, I'll really like it live, like I do ASFOS.

I must say I just love this song and the beat makes me stomp every time hehe My favourite part is probably near the ending though, the "soaring through the sky" one also when Jonny kicks in with his stadium rock riff hehe

Aww yeah! That's another classic Jonny killer riff!!! I love his guitars so... And they just get better and better and bolder and more colourful with each new album... Musically, he has really developed and come into his own - he now has his own distinctive and substantial style (and sound) - he's our shy Jonny boy no longer :D

Musically, he has really developed and come into his own - he now has his own distinctive and substantial style (and sound) - he's our shy Jonny boy no longer :D

He can only go....up and up and up! hehe

Jonny is probably my favourite Coldplay member (though its near impossible to choose a favourite amongst my homeys :), but his guitar playing is nearly always my favourite musical part of a Coldplay song and who knows it could also be because he looks a bit like me haha Same blonde beard and hair and we both smile like happy fools! LOL

cd7a614b.jpg

• Like 2

I can see why you think that. HFTW riff is good enough to be a defining piano riff like clocks I think. But not a big fan and of the overall song. Still I think in time, I'll really like it live, like I do ASFOS.

I getcha. It's only more recently since I started fully immersing myself into the spirit of this song that I've really been able to enjoy it... I have to say, I had to let go of a few inner reservations/preconceived ideas before I got there :)

As for ASFOS, it's a killer live (less so on the album)... They really have become a proper live band since MX

Jonny really is my fav, but then again that's only because I have a huge thing for that guitar sound! Their sound would just be incomplete without even one of the members for a few bars... They really do mould all their songs until it all comes together and sounds right with all 4 of them... More so nowadays - no more CM +/- JB for the 1st half before the rest fully kick in.

Probably my favorite part of this song is that cowbell, ballpoint-pen-on-glass sound. It's quite unique and catchy!

yeah! am i correct in reading/hearing somewhere chris saying that the glass was an iphone surface?? i definitely remember him saying that and laughing about it.

yeah! am i correct in reading/hearing somewhere chris saying that the glass was an iphone surface?? i definitely remember him saying that and laughing about it.

Haha yeah or that they recorded it on an iphone or something...!

• Like 1

Hmm I heard that one once, but I think he said the glass was a glass, but that it was recorded with an iPhone.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if you meant this, 'that they could have done so much more with this track.'

If this is kind of what you meant then I agree!

To be honest that's not really what I meant, although I would agree with that too ! I simply meant that I noticed a certain melancholy/not-so-happy heaviness in it and I'm wondering if this is just me reading it into the song or if others have noticed that too.

I can't help but notice a certain melancholy/heaviness in the main instrumental melody of HFTW. Feels a bit as if the happiness in it is forced. Am I the only one to think like that about HFTW ? Or does someone agree ?

I have a post like this a while back, let me go find it

I have a post like this a while back, let me go find it

I couldn't find my post to give you a link. However, I made the post back when we were having all the server problems, and I took a screenshot of it just so I would know what I said in case my post wasn't posted. I happened to still have that screenshot, so here it is. Not exactly what you mean, but they are similar thoughts.

96a31b559e235418f44ea171e4a79d35.jpg

• Like 1

guess we can expect this released within this month. coldplay will perform this with beyonce at the super bowl it looks like..

Yeah, that's what it seems like.

I think we can expect to see the new music video very soon. People will have to know the song prior to it being played at the Superbowl.

• Like 1

They'll probably use Beyoncé's pre-recorded vocals if they perform it on the tour, which seems to be a no-brainer.

Yeah I know, I've seen it. I'm saying that even with her vocals it seems super awkward singing it alone... Maybe it's just me lol.