✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hymn for the Weekend

Coeurli

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction: Hymn for the Weekend will be the 2nd single possibly featuring Noel Gallagher and it will be a real stadium rock hymn.

Reasons for this: The sticker on the album says "including AOAL and HFTW" so it's very probable that it's the 2nd single. Moreover, AOAL has been reported to be not the song for which they recorded the music video in India. We know that the 2nd single is usually the "big" one, so it fits in with the big colourful music video. Also this "India music video" song has been described as being a rock song, but you can hardly call AOAL rock. If this song is therefore a rock song it would make sense to be the collaboration with the Brit-Rock legend Noel Gallagher.

My prediction: Hymn for the Weekend will be the 2nd single possibly featuring Noel Gallagher and it will be a real stadium rock hymn.

Reasons for this: The sticker on the album says "including AOAL and HFTW" so it's very probable that it's the 2nd single. Moreover, AOAL has been reported to be not the song for which they recorded the music video in India. We know that the 2nd single is usually the "big" one, so it fits in with the big colourful music video. Also this "India music video" song has been described as being a rock song, but you can hardly call AOAL rock. If this song is therefore a rock song it would make sense to be the collaboration with the Brit-Rock legend Noel Gallagher.

What sticker!? :o The iTunes and official webshop releases don't feature any stickers on the cover.

The album cover is great. When you play an album you want the cover to look like the album. If the album sounds like that cover then it's going to be awesome. I really don't get all the posts wanting a nice clean, muted, tasteful cover because I don't want a nice clean, muted, tasteful album. I agree with joseki who posted the Sgt Pepper cover. I'm definitely getting a Sgt Pepper vibe about what they've been trying to create.

If this song is therefore a rock song it would make sense to be the collaboration with the Brit-Rock legend Noel Gallagher.

I really hope so! If their biggest hit off the album will be a rocky song with Noel Gallagher I will die in peace.