January 18, 201610 yr i've been giving a wide berth to xmts. but listening to that snippet, maybe, just maybe, i might start liking it.... :lipsrsealed2: Glad you do :) Maybe one day you will be type it in a legible size *LOL*
January 22, 201610 yr Am I the only one who doesn't think what he does in XMTS is rapping? Seems more like singing to me lol.
January 22, 201610 yr Am I the only one who doesn't think what he does in XMTS is rapping? Seems more liking singing to me lol. No, it's definitely not rapping. How did Coldplay describe it when they released the track listing? "Spitting rhymes into a vocoder"??
January 22, 201610 yr Am I the only one who doesn't think what he does in XMTS is rapping? Seems more liking singing to me lol. No, it's definitely not rapping. I agree. How did Coldplay describe it when they released the track listing? "Spitting rhymes into a vocoder"?? That was mentioned in the Q Magazine's review of the album.
January 22, 201610 yr Am I the only one who doesn't think what he does in XMTS is rapping? Seems more liking singing to me lol. You´re not the only one. What Adele does in the carpool karaoke video is rapping hehe Not what Chris does in XMTS, I agree. Its a monotone singing, you can probably narrow it down to very few notes, but there are notes in there, musical tones, not just words. So I would classify it as a.....rap-wannabe style of singing *lol*
January 24, 201610 yr I was thinking, I'd like to hear this song in an epic gut-punching remix as an intermission during the tour. Could be a nice divider between different elements and stage setups. A bit like U2 used the Gavin Friday remix of 'The Fly' during the i+e tour. Just a silly thought... :wink3:
January 30, 201610 yr I thought the song was weird (different) at first but after listening to Army of One and transitioning to XMTS it flows nicely. Could be because Army of One is my favorite song in the album so i'm still in a state of euphoria when XMTS starts :)
January 30, 201610 yr I thought the song was weird (different) at first but after listening to Army of One and transitioning to XMTS it flows nicely. Could be because Army of One is my favorite song in the album so i'm still in a state of euphoria when XMTS starts :) Ill go ahead and say I think XMTS is the saddest song on the album hehe Its just very somber and reflective....some people may not have noticed cuz they did not get past the "Boom boom" lyrical line and the song sort-of-rap style, but its actually thematically imo closer to Ghost Stories than AHFOD hehe
January 30, 201610 yr Ill go ahead and say I think XMTS is the saddest song on the album hehe Its just very somber and reflective....some people may not have noticed cuz they did not get past the "Boom boom" lyrical line and the song sort-of-rap style, but its actually thematically imo closer to Ghost Stories than AHFOD hehe My thoughts exactly. :)
February 15, 201610 yr Saw this on instagram haha [MEDIA=instagram]BB0cAZOygAX[/MEDIA] Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BB0cAZOygAX/
February 21, 201610 yr I love this song! It makes me think of someone that is ready to face their fears: "Stare into darkness, stare into doom, you make my heart pu-pum pu-pum pum." Then he finally surrenders to the fear: "Let defeat come along when I'm finding no peace... So I put my hands up, feeling alive, got a rocketship that I wanna ride." Then he feels the bliss!
March 22, 201610 yr I didn't like this song so much the first times I heard it... But now it's one of my favourites of AHFOD. It's so different from most of Coldplay songs but in the end it's also wonderful.
March 23, 201610 yr I didn't like this song so much the first times I heard it... But now it's one of my favourites of AHFOD. It's so different from most of Coldplay songs but in the end it's also wonderful. It's one of my favorites too :D
April 9, 201610 yr So I don't even know what to say about this I'd rather listen to the 10 hour version of Nyan Cat
April 28, 201610 yr so I noticed that the lyrics for this song is not in the main coldplay site.. I really really wish they were. It would make it a lot easier to sing confidently knowing you're singing the right lyrics! By the way, they also don't have the lyrics to Chinese Sleep Chant, the other hidden song. As far as I can tell, all the lyrics online are very inaccurate for this song. I think I've come very close to figuring out the correct lyrics.
April 28, 201610 yr I really really wish they were. It would make it a lot easier to sing confidently knowing you're singing the right lyrics! By the way, they also don't have the lyrics to Chinese Sleep Chant, the other hidden song. As far as I can tell, all the lyrics online are very inaccurate for this song. I think I've come very close to figuring out the correct lyrics. Haha, isn't that the fun of it? I remember discussing the lyrics of Birds with Leo. The things we heard weren't always the same. And, now that I've heard Birds live it seems that Chris is singing something different as well. [emoji1]
Create an account or sign in to comment