✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Fun (feat Tove Lo)

Coeurli

Still, Fun and Everglow stand in that space between the sadness of GS and the unabashed joy of the rest of AHFOD.

Interesting thought, but I heard the band first worked on the the title track. Maybe Fun and Everglow still were very early in the process, though !

My impression is that Everglow is the only track on AHFOD about Gwyneth whereas GS is all about her of course, the rest is about women in general (Adventure) and I think perhaps a couple about Jennifer or some other past/current girlfriend of his? :) I totally thought "Jennifer" when I heard Fun, but of course it may well have been written ages ago and still be about Gwyneth, who knows :)

ditto on thinking fun may not be about gwyneth, but about someone else like jennifer.

• Like 1

Was listening to it again today (Finally after two days of abstinence, I could listen to AHFOD again!) and I absolutely love the "exotic" drums just before the chorus :)

Also a loop of Jonny lick in this song could be put on repeat and fit perfectly in a "relaxation" CD hehe :) So serene.

My impression is that Everglow is the only track on AHFOD about Gwyneth whereas GS is all about her of course, the rest is about women in general (Adventure) and I think perhaps a couple about Jennifer or some other past/current girlfriend of his? :) I totally thought "Jennifer" when I heard Fun, but of course it may well have been written ages ago and still be about Gwyneth, who knows :)

Funny, I thought that as well, although looking at the lyrics, it is deeper and more probably about Gwyneth... But the feel of the song, and the wistfulness reminds me more of a short romance eg JL than Gwyneth

But the feel of the song, and the wistfulness reminds me more of a short romance eg JL than Gwyneth

Especially the part "you´re so cool". Totally Jennifer, I cant see Gwyneth being "cool" *lol* But then again what do I know..he knows her of course, I dont :)

Also I thought Birds must definitely be about Jennifer, its clearly about the hesitation of entering a new romance and then giving in to it.

For the record, I absolutely adore Jennifer Lawrence, she is the anti star per excellence hehe

Especially the part "you´re so cool". Totally Jennifer, I cant see Gwyneth being "cool" *lol* But then again what do I know..he knows her of course, I dont :)

Also I thought Birds must definitely be about Jennifer, its clearly about the hesitation of entering a new romance and then giving in to it.

For the record, I absolutely adore Jennifer Lawrence, she is the anti star per excellence hehe

This! He does seem to have a thing for blonde actresses though... Which is quite interesting coz he seems to be quite a down-to-earth, intelligent man... I thought he might try outside the industry, particularly after Gwyneth :P I guess he still can't quite let her go

I don't wanna go into gossip, but how the hell could someone like Chris even begin to go for someone like Gwyneth... Honestly they seem like polar opposites, and let's not even start with the things that Gwyneth actually does omg. She might be very nice though, I won't judge, but I suppose her image to me is that she seems a little... Extreme

• Like 1

I don't wanna go into gossip, but how the hell could someone like Chris even begin to go for someone like Gwyneth... Honestly they seem like polar opposites, and let's not even start with the things that Gwyneth actually does omg. She might be very nice though, I won't judge, but I suppose her image to me is that she seems a little... Extreme

Gosh I dont even think we can presume to know someone by the few things we read on tabloids or bits of interview, however Gwyneth has a snobbish air to her that does not work to her advantage imo hehe I am sure she´s nice though and down to earth, despite appearances. I think some of the stuff she does or say has blown way out of proportion.

And dont forget...opposites attract! :)

Gosh I dont even think we can presume to know someone by the few things we read on tabloids or bits of interview, however Gwyneth has a snobbish air to her that does not work to her advantage imo hehe I am sure she´s nice though and down to earth, despite appearances. I think some of the stuff she does or say has blown way out of proportion.

And dont forget...opposites attract! :)

Have you read her 'Goop' website though? It's super weird aha. Also lets not get started on the whole 'conscious uncoupling' thing. It was a divorce, it was a goddam divorce!

Have you read her 'Goop' website though? It's super weird aha. Also lets not get started on the whole 'conscious uncoupling' thing. It was a divorce, it was a goddam divorce!

Yes I am familiar with the website. Reminds me of Martha Stewart and Oprah hehe That stuff women like haha I wud not know how to rate something like that :) And let me just say I disagree with the slack the "conscious uncoupling" phrase has received (which by the way was not coined by her or Chris). To me it simply was a way for them to rephrase something negative and inevitably painful into something they could see in a positive way. Matter of fact the commitment they show now to the family and each other clearly show they were sincere about it and did not say it just to sound "cool" or different. That said, I am not sure sharing that phrase with the rest of the world was the smartest move hehe I can see why people thought it was a cheap stunt or a snobbish move! Gwyneth has had more than her share of embarrassing moments about what she said or did...hehe She could use a publicist. LOL But I also think people tend to compound on things and look for people to make a mistake every time they get a chance.

Yes I am familiar with the website. Reminds me of Martha Stewart and Oprah hehe That stuff women like haha I wud not know how to rate something like that :) And let me just say I disagree with the slack the "conscious uncoupling" phrase has received (which by the way was not coined by her or Chris). To me it simply was a way for them to rephrase something negative and inevitably painful into something they could see in a positive way. Matter of fact the commitment they show now to the family and each other clearly show they were sincere about it and did not say it just to sound "cool" or different. That said, I am not sure sharing that phrase with the rest of the world was the smartest move hehe I can see why people thought it was a cheap stunt or a snobbish move! Gwyneth has had more than her share of embarrassing moments about what she said or did...hehe She could use a publicist. LOL But I also think people tend to compound on things and look for people to make a mistake every time they get a chance.

That's true. Chris just seems a lot more down to earth than her, also maybe a slight bit more sensible aha. But hey maybe he just has a really good publicist :laugh:

defs think this song is about gwenyth and not jennifer.

I mean the lyrics "we said forever, forever always". Of course only speculating but I think that sounds pretty deep and hardcore and I doubt the J-Law relationship reached that deep a point. But of course who knows.

Gotta say its heartbreaking tho in the Gwenyth context. Got me all teary

I mean the lyrics "we said forever, forever always".

True, but on the other hand I´d think a relationship of more than decade would result in a deeper reflection than "didn't we have fun? dont say it was all a waste". Sounds more like a short relationship to me. But yeah who knows :)

• Like 1

I mean the lyrics "we said forever, forever always". Of course only speculating but I think that sounds pretty deep and hardcore and I doubt the J-Law relationship reached that deep a point. But of course who knows.

Gotta say its heartbreaking tho in the Gwenyth context. Got me all teary

Totally my read too. It stays with me and is my second fav track.

• Like 1

Preach! But I noticed Chris likes tall, blondes. First Gwen, then Jennifer and now his new girlfriend Annabelle (who is super pretty!). Anywho, all of their personalities seem very different so maybe Chris is just a tad bit shallow? Which seems sort of odd considering (at least to me) he writes such profound lyrics.

Preach! But I noticed Chris likes tall, blondes. First Gwen, then Jennifer and now his new girlfriend Annabelle (who is super pretty!). Anywho, all of their personalities seem very different so maybe Chris is just a tad bit shallow? Which seems sort of odd considering (at least to me) he writes such profound lyrics.

Well Jennifer definitely isn't blonde- plus she's like the epitome of down to earth. I know nothing about Annabelle though

• Like 2

Jennifer Lawrence is a natural blond, he certainly has a type, it's obvious. That being said, this is one of my favorite songs off the album, love the buildup and lyrical flow w/ alterations - like a sonata. It's clear some of their old songs's lyrics showed up in this one (the one they gave to Natalie Imbruglia, i loved that version of Fun too)

• Like 2