✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Fun (feat Tove Lo)

Coeurli

i think this is about jennifer too. don't think someone would try to validate a 10 year marriage by arguing they at least had some fun. i mean, they have kids together. this has far more of the sense of a fling.

From the top of the world

The top of the waves

We said forever, forever always

i think this means that when the couple were at their strongest, it felt like forever.

But then

Maybe we could again

and if this outro is about gwyneth, after all the lamenting and moving on in the last 2 albums (!), chris is an idiot. hahaa!

• Like 1

Totally agree with Gai. In another post I made the same point about the use of the "we had fun" argument.

And yes it'd better be about Jennifer otherwise poor Chris! Hehe :)

I think it may be a song he wrote back when they were together but now apparently she's super serious with this Annabelle, serious enough to have her feature in the album!

"Maybe we could again"

Whoever this is about, i doubt Annabelle will like this :D

Haha excellent point *LOL* He´s probably gonna say "no, love, this was written way before we met and so it doesn't count and hey YOU´re on the album, not HER, that must prove to you where my heart lies..." LOL *gets carried away with the script of Chris Martin private life soap opera* haha

Is it just me or has Chris just broken up with Jen and gotten serious will Annabelle really fast like woah

Yeah I would smell "rebound" if it wasnt that he put her on the album, but then again sometimes people do a grand gesture to prove they are serious as a way to making up for the fact that they dont feel all that serious...who knows :)

Yeah I would smell "rebound" if it wasnt that he put her on the album, but then again sometimes people do a grand gesture to prove they are serious as a way to making up for the fact that they dont feel all that serious...who knows :)

Yeah Chris just generally seems pretty lovestruck- and a little eager aha

Ok now I am positive Fun is not about Gwyneth. Because of the first sentence "I know its over before she says".

Contrast that with "And all along the fire below would rise And I wish you could have let me know What's really going on below".

I think whoever Fun is about (ahem Jennifer *lol*), he kinda saw the break-up coming, while clearly Gwyneth´s breakup was a surprise.

End of gossip-y analysis of the lyrics LOL

Ok now I am positive Fun is not about Gwyneth. Because of the first sentence "I know its over before she says".

Contrast that with "And all along the fire below would rise And I wish you could have let me know What's really going on below".

I think whoever Fun is about (ahem Jennifer *lol*), he kinda saw the break-up coming, while clearly Gwyneth´s breakup was a surprise.

End of gossip-y analysis of the lyrics LOL

I don't think it was a total surprise. She said many times in interviews how different they were, how moody and how much work marriage was. He's smarter than not to see that coming. Great analysis of lyrics though.

• Like 1

I don't think it was a total surprise. She said many times in interviews how different they were, how moody and how much work marriage was. He's smarter than not to see that coming. Great analysis of lyrics though.

That's very true. I don't think he was unaware of the problems though , but I think the breakup came as a surprise to him. Or that's what the lyrics anyway seem to indicate.

As for being smarter well not sure smart plays a prominent part in love hehe I kinda found myself in a similar situation years ago, in a relationship that was going nowhere but I was too "dedicated" (or dependent? Men tend to be very dependent haha) perhaps to even consider a break up. The break up when it came was a total surprise to me. Years after I'm deeply thankful she had the courage to call it a day when I couldn't.

Maybe it was similar for Chris dunno. Seems to me he had a much harder time moving on than she did?

Jedi, you have such a way with words. I totally see what you mean now. Your theory makes sense.

Haha it's actually so nice to geek out about lyrics and the meanings behind even if it's a bit gossipy sometimes hehe

I'm very happy I can share that with you and fellow geeky coldplayers here :))

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This is my favorite song on the album. Why hasn't Coldplay played it live yet?!?!

Fun sounds like a song that would work well live, both electric on the main stage and acoustic on the c-stage. I really wish they would just go ahead and play it! If they're concerned about Tove Lo's part, just have Will sing it or make it prerecorded like Beyoncé and Rihanna on their respective collaborations.

• Like 2

Fun sounds like a song that would work well live, both electric on the main stage and acoustic on the c-stage. I really wish they would just go ahead and play it! If they're concerned about Tove Lo's part, just have Will sing it or make it prerecorded like Beyoncé and Rihanna on their respective collaborations.

One of my favorites off AHFOD too, wish they would play it...

• Like 1

I'm in disbelief that they don't play the whole album in the tour set. Army of One and Fun are two of the more radio friendly and stadium level tracks. Either they're planning it for down the road, in terms of timing it for single release, or they just are too shy to play them as they aren't well known. But, Birds is a decent song that most people don't know and they play it all the time.

On Fun, love Jonny's riffs to open the song - he's such a master at it. Beautiful song with heart felt lyrics, and epic chorus. Same with Army of One.. perhaps we should start a petition.

• Like 1

Maybe they're planning to play this song in a possible second leg next year... why not? :)

Interesting theory! Or maybe Tove Lo will appear at a Coldplay concert later this year and perform the song with them. She doesn't start touring until September 3rd so there is a chance that she could show up before then. I'm a little surprised that she didn't do this when Coldplay were in her home city of Stockholm, though.

One of the very best songs of this album and they don't play it live :smiley:

:smiley:

Imagine Will would sing Tove Lo's part, he could totally bring that :smiley:

But that won't ever happen :smiley:

:smiley:

• Like 2