✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay World Tour 2016 - 2017 Discussion

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if and/or where we can watch the first show in Argentina online?

Sent from my VS986 using Coldplaying mobile app

As AMDB9 said, if you want something live, periscope might be the best bet. But the quality wont be great. It's not like this is a festival, so a HQ live stream doesnt exist (to our knowledge).

If you can wait a bit, some more HQ videos will surely pop up on youtube and whatnot.

• Like 1

new chris interview with Brazilian media

http://portalpopline.virgula.uol.com.br/entrevista-exclusiva-a-caminho-do-brasil-chris-martin-do-coldplay-fala-sobre-beyonce-nova-turne-e-possivel-pausa-da-banda/

[spoiler=translation]

Exclusive Interview: The path of Brazil, Chris Martin, Coldplay, Beyoncé talks about, new tour and can break the band

The POPLINE chatted with Chris Martin, lead singer of Coldplay, a few days before the arrival of the band in Brazil. Martin was really helpful and answered all our questions: Talked about Beyoncé, Noel Gallagher, awards, the band's future and, of course, on the disc tour "The Head Full Of Dreams" which arrives in São Paulo and Rio de January April.

super-bowl-coldplay.jpg?resize=620%2C349

POPLINE - For us start this talk, I would like to mention that Coldplay just won the prize of NME 'Godlike Genius "award and the" Best British Group "at the BRIT Awards. How did you receive these two awards as important a few months after the lançamendo "A Head Full Of Dreams"?Chris Martin - Well, the truth is that we are so long there and we understand that sometimes you win prizes, sometimes you lose and awards in many people do not remember you. The awards in the real mean nothing, but it's really fun to win them haha.

PL - haha and go in the party too, right? CM - Absolutely! It is wonderful! In fact, we love the awards, but we try not to give too important not to get too attached to the prizes, if you do not have to always take them into consideration, you know?

PL - Yes of course ... You can not take it into account in relation to work, but welcome them and thank you for it. CM - Yes! You know, many people in the world are betting on lottery and nobody expects to win anything. This is how we feel about musical awards. We do our music, sometimes we win awards and that's great, but do not do it for the prize. If we would not be disappointed most of the time haha

coldplayama.jpg?resize=636%2C421

PL - Well, speaking of music that I do, remember that you said that "The Head Full Of Dreams" album would be a more hippie and all other records were like a journey to this. You still have this feeling for this work? CM - Yes! I have. Actually, I do not know. Haha I am proud of all our albums.We worked hard on all of them. I think in my mind, I always hope that we arrive at a place where we can feel completely free and I think with this album we achieved it. I do not know if this is the best album or the most popular, but for me to get to "The Head Full Of Dreams" is very important because we talk about things on the album that always wanted to talk.

PL - How do you differentiate this album from the others, after all Coldplay has undergone a major evolution, musically speaking, then how do you explain these changes? CM - Well, I think because of the time we live in , we tried to use all styles and sounds. Regarding the lyrics of this album, I could not have written these songs ten years ago ... To get these songs, I lived many things, many readings ... You know?

PL - Of course. As a person and composer you change a lot and this is reflected in his art and his music. CM - Exactly! The person who wrote the things of the first album is a different person than I am now. I was a young boy and I am now an old man hahaha

PL - not that old! Haha Regarding collaborations in "The Head Full Of Dreams"; in the past we worked with Rihanna and now we have seen in the credits Beyonce and Tove Lo. How were these partnerships, as happened? CM - As ... Hmm good, sometimes when I'm writing a song, a person appears in my head and I think, 'Wow, it would be nice if that person could sing' and sometimes it's like the music will be shaping. In reality, when you write a song and think of a person, is it!There is no way to change. In the case of Beyonce, have been friends for a long time and of course, it is one of the best singers of the earth ... I was just waiting for the right song to invite her to sing.

beyonce-overshadows-chris-martin.jpg?resize=660%2C371

PL - You also worked with Noel Gallagher on the track "Up & Up" and remember that you said that the new album would influence artists you like a lot, "Oasis of the Drake." How was working alongside Noel, I believe you are a fan of Oasis? CM - Yes, of course! Noel know personally for a long time and it's the same thing ... It's very good to pay tribute to someone you like so much.

PL - Well, it was a big media frenzy when you said that "The Head Full Of Dreams" could be the last Coldplay album. This idea is something that has really taken into consideration or just a redesign launches, for example in other formats as EPs or singles only? CM - No ... the truth is I do not know! I do not know ... I think that this record took so long to be done and we are so excited about the tour, which really do not know what will be the future. Maybe we will have a new album and maybe we will have nothing more. I really do not know. Now we have this album, just released ... Make sense?

PL - Of course! You are focused, working on "The Head Full Of Dreams" now. The future is uncertain, it may have a new album or not. CM - Yes! At this point we are so excited about this album and tour and all the wonderful countries that we visit ... I do not want to think too much "forward".

chris-martin-coldplay.jpg?resize=618%2C412

PL - You will come to Brazil next month for a stadium tour sold out. Are you excited to come here and you expect this enthusiasm of Brazilian fans? CM - No, did not expect that! You know, we've been in Brazil many times and most people will tell you the same thing about South America. The people there make you feel like part of the people, it is a wonderful feeling. I do not know exactly what happens, but it is something related to people 's behavior when they are together in groups, such as football games and concerts ... You know how to have fun! When you are English, like me, you do not always know how to have fun. haha

PL - is a very different atmosphere, is not it? CM - Yes, of course! We are also excited to play there in the year of the Rio Olympics! It will be very cool, I feel very honored.

PL - The people here are also very excited by the arrival of Coldplay! Well, the last live performances of the band, as the Super Bowl and the BRITS, we saw that look impressive with flowers and bright colors. We'll have it here too? How will the tour in terms of stage and structure? CM - All I can say is that if you like Coldplay, will be a good show. We will also have all the tricks, all the colors, lights, fireworks and all that stuff ...

PL - And the setlist? We will hear the classic Coldplay? CM - Definitely! See you there!

• Like 3

This has to be stressful. Stressful as throwing a big, big party and you have all the guests coming and giving them party gifts. The love buttons and the xylobands. :heart:All the equipment. The decorating, hoping the paint dries,the flowers just right. It's not their first rodeo :worried: :smug: